Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I just find it strange you wouldn't want the support of a union, and to be part of one that supports your fellow workers whether you work closely with them or not.

we're all quite capable of looking after ourselves (at my place of work), tending not to need a union to wipe our arses

we're all quite capable of looking after ourselves (at my place of work), tending not to need a union to wipe our arses

Well it depends on what you mean by 'looking after', and the 'wipe your arse' comment is ridiculous because although unions have their faults what would working conditions and pay be like now without them over the past 100+ years.

But you're not a fan I dont understand that, but thats the way it is.

I just find it strange you wouldn't want the support of a union, and to be part of one that supports your fellow workers whether you work closely with them or not.

Neither UNISON or the GMB (of which Im a member) have done bugger all about my company selling us all down the river. They aint all that!

Neither UNISON or the GMB (of which Im a member) have done bugger all about my company selling us all down the river. They aint all that!

And yet you're still a member.

I know as I said they have their faults, I can't be arsed to state the advantages, like most things if one person has a bad experience with unions they're suddenly shit if someone has a good experience with them unions are great. The bigger picture seems lost.

Edited by purpleronnie

Well it depends on what you mean by 'looking after', and the 'wipe your arse' comment is ridiculous because although unions have their faults what would working conditions and pay be like now without them over the past 100+ years.

But you're not a fan I dont understand that, but thats the way it is.

i was waiting for the old 'your conditions are better because of what unions (whom you're not a member of) have done' argument i'm quite capable, as i've said, of looking after myself.

i was waiting for the old 'your conditions are better because of what unions (whom you're not a member of) have done' argument i'm quite capable, as i've said, of looking after myself.

hey I'm not old...well...ok.

It still dont understand the arguement of 'looking after MYSELF'...but hey ho.

And yet you're still a member.

I know as I said they have their faults, I can't be arsed to state the advantages, like most things if one person has a bad experience with unions they're suddenly shit if someone has a good experience with them unions are great. The bigger picture seems lost.

Youre right! Im cancelling tomorrow, thanks for the advice! :thumbup:

Sadly, i'm not. Although I might aswell be.

And if I was the new PM, you'd definitely have a job. I need someone to do all the work for me don't I!

All the work?

:angry:

The bastard National Football League, who keep shutting down stream after stream of their play-off matches.

You didn't do it last week, you didn't do it yesterday, so why today? EH? Grrr

Maybe someone there doesnt like you? lol;)

Thinking you've finally found a parking space only to realise there is a small car in there...

What's with the car parks in Wigston?

It looks free, it says it's free...but then half of the bays carry a £2 charge? Mental.