Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Vodafone.

I had a phone call the other day; "as a loyal customer, you can go onto a lower price plan. You can still have unlimited texts and mobile internet, but we'll reduce your minutes as you aren't using them, but you'll be saving money".

"Great!" I say "Go for it".

"Ah, I can only recommend it, you'll need to phone Customer Services".

I phoned up Customer Services, as instructed. "I've been offered this price plan at this price" say I. Bloke says "It doesn't exist". "Ok, I want unlimited texts and internet. Lower my minutes, and offer me a deal".

"I can give you 150 more minutes, mobile internet and 100 texts".

"No, that's not what I said."

And so it went on.

His final offer was to reduce my minutes, whilst keeping unlimited texts and internet - for the same price I am currently paying.

I refused.

:frusty:

Vodafone.

I had a phone call the other day; "as a loyal customer, you can go onto a lower price plan. You can still have unlimited texts and mobile internet, but we'll reduce your minutes as you aren't using them, but you'll be saving money".

I phoned up Customer Services, as instructed. "I've been offered this price plan at this price" say I. Bloke says "It doesn't exist". "Ok, I want unlimited texts and internet. Lower my minutes, and offer me a deal".

And so it went on.

His final offer was to reduce my minutes, whilst keeping unlimited texts and internet - for the same price I am currently paying.

I refused.

Got the same phone call this afternoon with the same responce

Vodafone.

And so it went on.

I refused.

After I told 3 Mobile to fuck off and stop harrassing me a few times, they eventually got the message. Well, that and God knows how many angry letters asking them not to contact me about new deals because their customer service was such utter bobbins. I take it Voda are the same then? Bastards. Orange is so much better.

After reading the last couple of pages, I can't wait to get into management just to point out what a load of bollocks they're talking without fear of being sacked :D

Edited by Guest

Buying a new top which is nicked off me by the Daughter as soon as I walk in the door............. AND looks a hundred times better on her!! :angry::cry:

Remember she is your daughter, and she has to get it from somewhere. :thumbup:

After I told 3 Mobile to fuck off and stop harrassing me a few times, they eventually got the message. Well, that and God knows how many angry letters asking them not to contact me about new deals because their customer service was such utter bobbins. I take it Voda are the same then? Bastards. Orange is so much better.

This is the one and only time that they've called me. They shall feel my wrath if they call me again. I told bloke today I will be requesting my PAC as soon as I don't have to pay for it.

This is the one and only time that they've called me. They shall feel my wrath if they call me again. I told bloke today I will be requesting my PAC as soon as I don't have to pay for it.

3 used to call me once a week, every week without fail for nearly three months. I must have phoned them four times to ask them to stop contacting me but they kept 'losing the record' of my no-contact request. The letter I ended up sending them (recorded delivery, because 3 have a habit of pretending they haven't received letters they don't want to read) was pretty unequivocal though.

I'd seriously recommend Orange, their call centres are good when you need them and leave you alone when you don't. Just the occasional text trying to sell you stuff, but that's a damn sight easier to ignore than a phone call. Good deals on phones if you buy online as well.

3 used to call me once a week, every week without fail for nearly three months. I must have phoned them four times to ask them to stop contacting me but they kept 'losing the record' of my no-contact request. The letter I ended up sending them (recorded delivery, because 3 have a habit of pretending they haven't received letters they don't want to read) was pretty unequivocal though.

I'd seriously recommend Orange, their call centres are good when you need them and leave you alone when you don't. Just the occasional text trying to sell you stuff, but that's a damn sight easier to ignore than a phone call. Good deals on phones if you buy online as well.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 does it for me. It's amazing how quickly cold-callers promise to remove you from their database if you threaten them with that.

Protection from Harassment Act 1997 does it for me. It's amazing how quickly cold-callers promise to remove you from their database if you threaten them with that.

Definitely a tip for the future that one. :D

This is something I just remembered from my visit to Worcester last week and Oxford a few months back

They're really nice towns that have retained a lot of their historical features with interesting buildings and stuff everywhere.

When we were there we found several nice independent cafés in cosy buildings with great cakes and lovely views. They'd have big leather sofa's to lounge back on, and quiet courtyards where you could sit and watch the world go buy. They were lovely.

And not very busy. Why? I can tell you the answer.

Costas and Starbucks were rammed. Why? That one I can't answer.

I'll never understand why the majority if people won't look much beyond "what everyone else is doing".