Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You shouldn't play games like this if you hate guns cos it's games like this that help mould kids into loving guns (among other things).

When I was a kid I owned numerous guns (Webley Tempest .22 was my favourite little mo focker) and I used to love shooting my mates in the face/head (only pellet guns but it's still dangerous). It was war/cowboy films and games that made me love weaponry :D

Nowadays I do tend to wish that weapon factories were outlawed, so I agree with what you saying overall.

This was the little beauty I kept in me bedroom hidden away from me Mam, and many a lad felt its wrath! Great days Eddie, great days

2l8yzk2.jpg

I was brought up on a diet of cowboy/gangster films both cinema and TV, had cowboy guns for presents, soldiers, forts, bows & arrows(with rubber ends) etc, I have absolutely no desire or interest in guns or owning one, I abhor violence and war and pretty much consider myself a pacifist, although how I'd react if we were in serious 'justified' conflict, which I would consider to be a failure by politicians anyway I don't know - although I guess I'm too old now for recruitment.

The planning application for a new shop and 12 flats right behind my house. It is HUGE.

The fact that only i and a few nieghbours will object.

The fact that the owner is matey with the council.

The fact that the council will approve it and whoever buys it will be able to see into my bathroom and I will have to wear clothes.

Edited by Jon the Hat

I was getting narked at Gmail and LinkedIn for mailshotting anyone I've had contact with every since I had my email address - and then my mate confirmed that his wife has inoperable cancer.

We watched my mother-in-law's slow, painful decline, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone else. So cut up for the pair of them.

Cancer really puts the rest of life into perspective.

The planning application for a new shop and 12 flats right behind my house. It is HUGE.

The fact that only i and a few nieghbours will object.

The fact that the owner is matey with the council.

The fact that the council will approve it and whoever buys it will be able to see into my bathroom and I will have to wear clothes.

That fact alone should be enough for planning refusal

the americans being unable to pronounce certain words properly e.g. it's paedophile not pedophile you cretins, you still call paediatricians ,paediatricians don't you?

Little kids walking down the street playing music out of their phones - please stop, i'm attempting to have a conversation but instead i can hear you music and it makes me want to dip my ears in concentrated sulphuric acid.

People who spell sulphur as sulfur or sulfer.

People who mix up similar sounding words e.g. there, their.

Arsene Wenger moaning about whatever - try taking fault rather than making excuses.

Europanisation meaning labels have to say Cotton/Coton as the french can't understand what is exactly the same word but with one extra T.

A wireless mouse jerking across the screen because the battery dies.

A wireless mouse that has a battery life of only two days.

Teachers who, when you ask them a question go off on a tangent then give you an answer that has nothing to do with the question you asked.

Little kids walking down the street playing music out of their phones - please stop, i'm attempting to have a conversation but instead i can hear you music and it makes me want to dip my ears in concentrated sulphuric acid.

100% agree.

On the bus as well. Only passed my driving test last year, had been getting the bus to work for about 6 years. Used to really piss me off. What goes through a persons mind that thinks that is acceptable to do that, that the other people on the bus want to listen to their music for the duration of the journey. It's so fooking ignorant. Buy some sodding headphone you twats. :@

Getting up at 5.30am on a Saturday morning with a banging headache and cold to go to work, but finding your car frozen, which would take about 15 minutes to defrost by which time there would be no point in going into work (i.e by the time i'd defrosted the car, travelled to work and the time I planned to finished work it was hardly worth it) , so didn't bother going.

Now i've just wasted valuable time getting up early when I could have been in bed for a few extra hours >_<

Edited by Matt

Getting up at 5.30am on a Saturday morning with a banging headache and cold to go to work, but finding your car frozen, which would take about 15 minutes to defrost by which time there would be no point in going into work (i.e by the time i'd defrosted the car, travelled to work and the time I planned to finished work it was hardly worth it) , so didn't bother going.

Now i've just wasted valuable time getting up early when I could have been in bed for a few extra hours >_<

surely you were planning to stay more than 15minutes though could you not have just been 15 minutes late instead of not going at all?

surely you were planning to stay more than 15minutes though could you not have just been 15 minutes late instead of not going at all?

15 minutes to defrost the car, 30 minutes to get there = 45 minutes.

I wanted finish work at 10am, so it would have kept me there till 10.45am at least, no doubt i'd then stop till 11am or even 11.15am to round it off to the hour, which would then eat into my day's plans, with the added addition of the headache and cold I just could not be bothered. lol