Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Thick people on quizzes.

Just watching Sell Me The Answer and the bloke on it is unbelievable thick.

If the contestant knows the answer then they can just answer it and get all the money. If the contestant doesn't know the answer they can trade part of his prize money to someone in the audience who claims they know it. He then picks 2 of these people and they have 10 secs to stake their claim to helping the contestant and taking some of their prize money. The current contestant has used the audience EVERY time. What is more, twice the people claiming they know the answer in staking their claim have given away the answer in their claim (on one occasion, he chose the other claimant, who, it turned out, didn't know the answer :rolleyes: )

The best example was the question, "Which river forms the border of England and Scotland for 79 miles?" and an audience member staked their claim by saying, "I know this river, it flows into the North Sea at Berwick-on-TWEED" He then chose the OTHER person, who fortunately for him knew the right answer.

Now, I'm not knocking people for a lack of general knowledge, but I am knocking them for going on quizzes. It's the equivilant of me turning up at the Walkers on match day in full City kit, standing by the players entrance and shouting, "Oi, Nige, if you need me!"

Now, I'm not knocking people for a lack of general knowledge, but I am knocking them for going on quizzes. It's the equivilant of me turning up at the Walkers on match day in full City kit, standing by the players entrance and shouting, "Oi, Nige, if you need me!"

I quite agree. I wish I was a more laid back person so that I could laugh at them.

This doesn't belong in the what grinds my gears thread....As I found out on Saturday night this can have some benifits ;)

Tuning a lesbian? Were you turning her ears whilst strumming her? :D

Edited by Guest

aahhhh thats soo sweet! They are comforted by your heartbeat apparently :thumbup:

I just spent the past hour trying to get him down in his cot and even though he was asleep as soon as i put him in his cot he screamed. i gave uo and now he's sound asleep on my chest rendering my to do list redundant!!

Graham McDowell - mate you are from northern ireland not america sort your accent out!!!

Both my laptop and desktop being fixed, so results in me having to use my very old, slow and shite laptop, on the positive atleast I still have this very old, slow and shite laptop to use, who have thought it 3 computers only 1 working (Sort of).

Estate agents who make up a selling price for your house without permission and send around viewers who don't have mortgages and couldn't afford it even if they had.

I've been there. I'm sure it's just a chance to nose around and have a cheap day out for some.

I've been there. I'm sure it's just a chance to nose around and have a cheap day out for some.

Bloke yesterday came with a child - as in, it was his kid, not that it was a present for me because he'd read FoxesTalk.

The child proceeded to fuck around with anything and everything, then headbutted me in the stomach. As the git was making me an offer I could refuse his spawn started playing my stomach like a fucking set of bleeding drums. :angry:

Bloke yesterday came with a child - as in, it was his kid, not that it was a present for me because he'd read FoxesTalk.

The child proceeded to fuck around with anything and everything, then headbutted me in the stomach. As the git was making me an offer I could refuse his spawn started playing my stomach like a fucking set of bleeding drums. :angry:

I shouldn't laugh but.......................... :crylaugh:

:ph34r::P

Estate agents who make up a selling price for your house without permission and send around viewers who don't have mortgages and couldn't afford it even if they had.

It seems to be common practice. I really don't understand it myself. Why would you want to tour a house which you have no intention of buying?

Edited by Edmund Crouchback

this made me lol

What I don't understand is that on one of the nicest and warmest days we've had so far, that there are still girls wearing coats and scarves. Just walking through the campus, which is only a few hundred yards, I saw more girls with winter attire on than girls without.

Confused.

Stupid library computers that decide to corrupt your file when you save it and lose you almost 1,000 words worth of work.

Luckily I've managed to re-write it in about half an hour so not too much harm done, but it's the principle of the thing.

What I don't understand is that on one of the nicest and warmest days we've had so far, that there are still girls wearing coats and scarves. Just walking through the campus, which is only a few hundred yards, I saw more girls with winter attire on than girls without.

Confused.

Warm? Really?