Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

LCFC Ticket Office not answering their phones.

Yes, this, completely. They've been utterly shite lately - makes me so angry as I have limited times I can call them and being on hold for upwards of 45mins (at times when I really can't imagine they'd be that busy) is frankly ridiculous. :@

I've even wished I lived much closer so, whilst waiting for them to answer, I could barge into the sodding ticket office and demand an explanation as to why they're not answering the bloody phone. :glare:

It's actually got to the stage where a few times recently I've been put off going to games because it's so much hassle to get a ticket. Hardly good business-practice, LCFC. :angry:

Yes, this, completely. They've been utterly shite lately - makes me so angry as I have limited times I can call them and being on hold for upwards of 45mins (at times when I really can't imagine they'd be that busy) is frankly ridiculous. :@

I've even wished I lived much closer so, whilst waiting for them to answer, I could barge into the sodding ticket office and demand an explanation as to why they're not answering the bloody phone. :glare:

It's actually got to the stage where a few times recently I've been put off going to games because it's so much hassle to get a ticket. Hardly good business-practice, LCFC. :angry:

Well I got my mum to call the ticket office today because I was at work, she was off work and didn't mind, but she phoned every hour between 12 and 4pm, was on hold for 20 minutes every time, after 20 minutes heard the message "This call will now be terminated", tbh I didn't expect her to phone every hour for 4 hours so I thank her for that, I myself wouldn't have even done that. Your not telling me they are that busy?

I know alot off people (inc the Ticket Office) advise to e-mail but i've read quite a few people on here just had e-mails ignored resulting in missing out on tickets so prefer to call, I've e-mailed them now, also questioning the issue and highlighting the fact that no-one answered in 4 hours - So I may have shot myself in the foot and my e-mail might be 'ignored' :rolleyes:

Little pricks on school Holidays who threw a brick threw the train window right where I was sitting. Covered me from head to toe in glass and my mate copped a bit aswell. I was very lucky to escape with just a bit of claret from a few cuts, I was still pulling glass out of my hair in the shower an hour later.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/31/pet-shop-fined-over-goldfish

Pet shop owner fined £1,000 for selling goldfish to teenager

Woman put under home curfew after undercover 'sting', court told

Sale of a goldfish to a person under 16 unaccompanied by an adult resulted in a fine at Trafford magistrates court

Shop owners suspected of selling alcohol and cigarettes to underage customers have long been the target of "stings" by trading standards officials. But now a pet shop business has fallen foul of animal welfare laws by selling a goldfish to a 14-year-old boy.

He was sent in to make a test purchase by council staff investigating a complaint that the shop had previously sold a gerbil to a girl with learning difficulties who put it in a cup of coffee. The rodent subsequently died.

The teenage undercover agent bought the fish in Major Pets in Sale, Greater Manchester, without being questioned or given any information about its care. An animal welfare officer also found a cockatiel in the shop that was in such distress it had to be put down.

The shop owner Joan Higgins and her son Mark yesterday pleaded guilty at Trafford magistrates court to causing unnecessary suffering to the cockatiel and selling an animal to a person under 16 who was not accompanied by an adult. Higgins was fined £1,000 and put under home curfew between 6pm and 7am for the next seven weeks because she was unfit for community work. Her son, who manages the shop, was fined £750 and ordered to carry out 120 hours of community work.

Iain Veitch, head of public protection at Trafford council, said: "The evidence presented for this conviction clearly demonstrates that it is irresponsible to sell animals to those who are not old enough to look after them. We have many responsible pet shops in the borough. However, let this conviction send out a message that we will not tolerate those who cause unnecessary suffering to animals."

Someone please tell me that this story has come a day too early.

Having to move to Houston when I really don't want to. I always think that way just before I go as I miss so much about England, I feel the same way when I have to move back to England in 6 months.

Its the travelling and settling in that grinds my gears the most, and the inevitable inane conversation about 'what i've been doing for 6 months' with about 100 different work colleagues.

And the fact that I'm moaning about such a stupid thing. :sick:

Vodafone - they can cock off when they eventually answer.

Still got bill problems? All seemed too good to be true!

Yes. I am now on hold again. I have told them I want the PAC but they won't let me.

Sounds like you've been miss sold a contract, very naughty of vodafone.

They have said that it is now sorted.

Or apparently not....

Having to move to Houston when I really don't want to. I always think that way just before I go as I miss so much about England, I feel the same way when I have to move back to England in 6 months.

Its the travelling and settling in that grinds my gears the most, and the inevitable inane conversation about 'what i've been doing for 6 months' with about 100 different work colleagues.

And the fact that I'm moaning about such a stupid thing. :sick:

Why do you have to move?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/mar/31/pet-shop-fined-over-goldfish

Someone please tell me that this story has come a day too early.

:rolleyes: Typical Guardian. This was on the radio this afternoon. The woman was done for a series of offences not just selling a goldfish to a teenager but allowing the suffering of a cockatiel and selling a gerbil to a girl with learning difficulties who subsequently suffocated it.

:rolleyes: Typical Guardian. This was on the radio this afternoon. The woman was done for a series of offences not just selling a goldfish to a teenager but allowing the suffering of a cockatiel and selling a gerbil to a girl with learning difficulties who subsequently suffocated it.

And it mentioned all of those in the article :huh:

Not saying she shouldn't be prosecuted, but a curfew? Do we need to be protected from her in our sleep?

Not saying she shouldn't be prosecuted, but a curfew? Do we need to be protected from her in our sleep?

It's another punishment the courts can use. Curfews aren't designed to protect the innocent. Rather than sending people to prison, or after they are released from prison, a curfew is imposed, meaning the convicted person has lost some of their liberty. The article says she wasn't fit for a community sentence, so this was an alternative.

Hope that makes sense.

It's another punishment the courts can use. Curfews aren't designed to protect the innocent. Rather than sending people to prison, or after they are released from prison, a curfew is imposed, meaning the convicted person has lost some of their liberty.

Hope that makes sense.

If I remember correctly in this case it was because she was too frail to do community service, so she needed some kind of punishment. BAM, up pops the curfew.

If I remember correctly in this case it was because she was too frail to do community service, so she needed some kind of punishment. BAM, up pops the curfew.

Saw it and edited post accordingly thumbsup.gif

As an aside, I saw a guy offered the choice between a CSO or a curfew. He chose the former.

I bet that will make someone's blood boil!!

And it mentioned all of those in the article :huh:

I was making a point. If the source had been a certain other paper there would have been people on here swearing that it never happened.

I do find it a bit ironic the Guardian running a 'it's political correctness gone mad' type story though.

I was making a point. If the source had been a certain other paper there would have been people on here swearing that it never happened.

I do find it a bit ironic the Guardian running a 'it's political correctness gone mad' type story though.

To be fair I did find it an odd story to appear in the Guardian. Not odd because of the content, just the headline, which (like you say) made it come across as a "political correctness gone mad" story (although the tone of the article wasn't as bad as some you see).

To be fair I did find it an odd story to appear in the Guardian. Not odd because of the content, just the headline, which (like you say) made it come across as a "political correctness gone mad" story (although the tone of the article wasn't as bad as some you see).

Coincidentally I've just seen a prime example of the bit in bold. The front page of the Express has a picture of her with her tag on, with the caption "THE PHOTO THAT SHAMES BRITAIN", going on to explain how she was tagged just for selling a goldfish to a teenager. WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF IT???? Rargh.

When you 'lose' your earphones. Then someone says their in the 'box with the the tangled wires' and your earphones you lose 2 hours ago are at the bottom of it. Weird :dunno:

Why do you have to move?

I don't, I guess, I have a yearly contract to work in the US & England.

Its just to travelling I don't like which is weird considering how much I've done in the last 10 years.

I can settle in the US permanently now, or stay in England.

I miss America when I'm not here and I miss England when I'm in the states.

All the ads for getting claims - do my head in.

My favourite line has to be "100% lawyers 100% compensation" - it doesn't make any sense!

Those ads do my head in. Yes, you'll get all your compo if successful. They don't tell you that you have to take out an insurance premium though.

As for "all of our fees are paid by the other side", well yes, it's in the CPR. All law firms will recover costs from the other side if successful. Unless AccidentInjuryLawyers4U.com are totally incompetent, and do something wrong or out of order.