Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My sky signal being so shocking that pretty much each programme I try to watch breaks up constantly and loses the signal - and the fact that half the channels I can't get at all. :@

And the knowledge that sky will just insist on sending an engineer out, which is awkward when I'm out at work and can't be here, and that they'll charge me for the call out too. :angry:

My sky signal being so shocking that pretty much each programme I try to watch breaks up constantly and loses the signal - and the fact that half the channels I can't get at all. :@

And the knowledge that sky will just insist on sending an engineer out, which is awkward when I'm out at work and can't be here, and that they'll charge me for the call out too. :angry:

Recently been same on mine and I've noticed a lot of people's TVs and at work. Beginning to suspect that the rotten weather might be something to do with it. Having said that I have done the old "turn it off and on again" trick and seems to have sorted it, for today at least.

'Our' football club. (Sometimes)

True

:cry::cry::cry:

SKY signal will be down to the weather. Dense cloud unfortunately is a nightmare depending on how strong your original signal is. You can check by going into settings and seeing the signal strength.

Don't waste your time with an engineer call out, they can't fix the weather.

SKY signal will be down to the weather. Dense cloud unfortunately is a nightmare depending on how strong your original signal is. You can check by going into settings and seeing the signal strength.

Don't waste your time with an engineer call out, they can't fix the weather.

My signal quality is anywhere between the heady heights of 0-10. And it's been (intermittently) like it for weeks now (it hasn't been dense cloud all that time). However, I do take your point.

Anyway, I've kicked off with Sky and threatened to cancel. They're sending a (free) engineer out on Saturday so I'll see what he has to say.

Supermarket carrier bags designed to make you look a right twat as you spend minutes trying to open one at the checkout as the assistant pisses themselves and the queue behind mutters abuse

It's all a ploy to force you into buying the enormous, super-strong ones. Also, have you noticed that, nowadays, the 'normal' 'free' carrier bags are now so flimsy they don't even do the job they're intended for and rip if you dare to put more than one lightweight item in them. :angry:

My signal quality is anywhere between the heady heights of 0-10. And it's been (intermittently) like it for weeks now (it hasn't been dense cloud all that time). However, I do take your point.

Anyway, I've kicked off with Sky and threatened to cancel. They're sending a (free) engineer out on Saturday so I'll see what he has to say.

Oh right if that's the case then it could quite possibly need re aligning. Sometimes over time the wind will move it ever so slightly. Even a cm or so can make a vast amount of difference. Or like libertine said could be overgrown branches.

Did you phone sky? I can't stand their phone service and having to be shipped around ten departments repeating myself over and over. Their technical department is inept and don't listen. Their just sheep who read off a piece of paper telling you what procedures to say. Let me guess they told you to reset your box at the wall? lol

To be fair if you argue long enough with them they will waive the engineer fee as you already found out.

I'd love to move to Virgin, it the fookers ever made it available out in the sticks. :(

I'm on a shared drive. I can't get Virgin unless my next door neighbour does first. :(

Supermarket carrier bags designed to make you look a right twat as you spend minutes trying to open one at the checkout as the assistant pisses themselves and the queue behind mutters abuse

Yes, yes,yes!

But sometimes thats a good thing :D

Not when you don't get paid.

It's all a ploy to force you into buying the enormous, super-strong ones. Also, have you noticed that, nowadays, the 'normal' 'free' carrier bags are now so flimsy they don't even do the job they're intended for and rip if you dare to put more than one lightweight item in them. :angry:

You're so right although I must say that my flimsy bags are normally stuffed full with beer ,crisps and other such health foods.

Corporate money grabbing bastards, the lot of them.

Temporary traffic lights. There's a set near me all because of a boarded up manhole, no bigger than a small dog, in the middle of the road. I drive and walk past this place at all hours of the day and haven't once seen anyone doing any work on it. Unbelievable.