Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Started absolutely shit - the wee man pull a cup of tea over the top of himself whilst we were out. Luckily his snowsuit took the brunt of it and there's no damage. Cue me stripping him down, putting damp cloths on the affected area. Him in tears, me in tears and everyone in the shop asking if they could help. Got him dried down, had to o

put my jumper on him, gave him an apple and he was sorted and I'm sitting there a quivering wreck. Ran round to boots to buy him new clothes and he was as good as new.

Had a match tonight - beasted it!!

Guest Mee-9

NUS. Renewed NUS extra card start of august, mone withdrawn from account mid august, so why have i not recieved my NUS extra card yet when those who ordered it at the end of august have? :mad::mad:

What can you actually use your NUS extra card for?

If I want discount, I just give the shop my Student card, Loughborough College took the liberty of printing NUS on the bottom of it :P Works everywhere.

Having to write a report/presentation and not having a clue what I'm actually supposed to be putting in it but knowing some sort of in-depth analysis and lots of clever-bollocks terminology will be expected. I've kinda done it, I think, :dunno: but I'm left feeling really stupid and incompetent. :glare::(:cry:

NUS. Renewed NUS extra card start of august, mone withdrawn from account mid august, so why have i not recieved my NUS extra card yet when those who ordered it at the end of august have? :mad::mad:

You know it gets sent to the Student Union and not where your normal collection for post is?

What can you actually use your NUS extra card for?

If I want discount, I just give the shop my Student card, Loughborough College took the liberty of printing NUS on the bottom of it :P Works everywhere.

Some shops only accept NUS Extra. I have been in to shops however where it says you need an NUS Extra card but I've just flicked out my student card which Brunel gave me and it's worked. My uni card only has NUS on it.

You know it gets sent to the Student Union and not where your normal collection for post is?

yep. They send them to the student execs at college, i went to collect it from them 3 weeks ago, they said they didn't have it yet, and its been the same story every week.

yep. They send them to the student execs at college, i went to collect it from them 3 weeks ago, they said they didn't have it yet, and its been the same story every week.

Hm okay not sure why they're taking ages. You get an email when its ready to collect so guess you gotta wait for that mate.

Ah! That 'Northern' girl, according to Jenny Eclair on The Apprentice - You're Fired. :rolleyes:

Yes I laughed when that mess of a woman Jenny Eclair (give me Jo Brand anytime lol) said the Northern girl, does she not know Leicester is in the Midlands? the term Midlands is self explanatory. What was she doing on the show anyway? Surely she was not there to provide 'humour' she never was or ever will be funny.

Hm okay not sure why they're taking ages. You get an email when its ready to collect so guess you gotta wait for that mate.

Talked to college student services today, they have no record of me ordering the card. Since i did it online and the money has definately been taken out of the account, it would appear NUS have messed up and sent the card to the wrong college.

Started absolutely shit - the wee man pull a cup of tea over the top of himself whilst we were out. Luckily his snowsuit took the brunt of it and there's no damage. Cue me stripping him down, putting damp cloths on the affected area. Him in tears, me in tears and everyone in the shop asking if they could help. Got him dried down, had to o

put my jumper on him, gave him an apple and he was sorted and I'm sitting there a quivering wreck. Ran round to boots to buy him new clothes and he was as good as new.

Had a match tonight - beasted it!!

Lucky lad, when I was 18 months old I pulled my aunty's cup of black coffee over my stomach, just out of the kettle, to make it worse it was at my Grandad's funeral, was in hospital for ages, they thought i'd have to have a skin graft but I didn't in the end, got scars all over my stomach, luckly didn't go higher than my chest/neck and luckly my nappy saved the delecate areas! lol. Glad to hear he was ok!

Edited by Matt

Yes I laughed when that mess of a woman Jenny Eclair (give me Jo Brand anytime lol) said the Northern girl, does she not know Leicester is in the Midlands? the term Midlands is self explanatory. What was she doing on the show anyway? Surely she was not there to provide 'humour' she never was or ever will be funny.

Can you write a little slower,i cant understand your northern accent! How many people turned that appearance down to get her on!

Feeling hungry and naff all to eat in the house,only myself to blame, i do the shopping in my house! :blink:

Home delivery takeaways. :thumbup: (just realised what a contradiction in terms that is!) :blink::P

Remember i live in the sticks.it will be stone cold before i get it! or i will have fainted!

Surely even in the fens you've learnt how to operate a microwave?! :devil: And it's a fair point - no where will deliver to where I live... unless I phone the local pub landlord and literally cry and beg down the phone. >_<

Surely even in the fens you've learnt how to operate a microwave?! :devil: And it's a fair point - no where will deliver to where I live... unless I phone the local pub landlord and literally cry and beg down the phone. >_<

Oh no,a microwave is the devils invention,our toes and fingers are webbed as it is.Add radioactivity to that and god knows what will happen! :whistle: