Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People in public sector who "manage" front line services constantly wittering on about the terrible cuts they will have to make to those front line services, while apparently ignoring the large office full of people they are surrounded by who are all not in fact delivering frontline services. And their PR team.

People in public sector who "manage" front line services constantly wittering on about the terrible cuts they will have to make to those front line services, while apparently ignoring the large office full of people they are surrounded by who are all not in fact delivering frontline services. And their PR team.

I concur.

Scary (shiver)

My binmen.Throwing the recycling bin in the middle of the turning point near my house.When i confronted the idiot to say thats why i have had 2 broken he laughed, and threw the neighbours in the same place.After i threw it back and lowered the tone of the neighbourhood,he saw the error of his ways and placed it where it should go.Cambridge Fox 1 idiot binmen 0!!

Oh and last time they broke it ,it took 2 weeks to replace.The word pricks is not used enough these days.

My binmen.Throwing the recycling bin in the middle of the turning point near my house.When i confronted the idiot to say thats why i have had 2 broken he laughed, and threw the neighbours in the same place.After i threw it back and lowered the tone of the neighbourhood,he saw the error of his ways and placed it where it should go.Cambridge Fox 1 idiot binmen 0!!

Oh and last time they broke it ,it took 2 weeks to replace.The word pricks is not used enough these days.

if they are anything like the lads I used to work with expect some sort of retribution, there are so many different instructions they are given on what they are and aren't allowed to collect that they can leave an entire bin for 1 item they shouldn't take and just put a "contaminated" sticker on

if they are anything like the lads I used to work with expect some sort of retribution, there are so many different instructions they are given on what they are and aren't allowed to collect that they can leave an entire bin for 1 item they shouldn't take and just put a "contaminated" sticker on

Yeah, it pays to keep your binmen on your side. When I worked as one we would leave bins for anything if the person had pissed us off in any way, but if they were nice to us we'd take it whatever as well as anything else they wanted.

Obviously this situation is a bit trickier because they were being dicks in the first place. They could still screw you over though so I wouldn't celebrate just yet!

Yeah, it pays to keep your binmen on your side. When I worked as one we would leave bins for anything if the person had pissed us off in any way, but if they were nice to us we'd take it whatever as well as anything else they wanted.

Obviously this situation is a bit trickier because they were being dicks in the first place. They could still screw you over though so I wouldn't celebrate just yet!

especially with xmas coming up

tip for everyone if they take loads more then they should for you remember them at x-mas otherwise they'll start being arsey, I remember being told many times "leave that, those wankers gave us fock all at X-mas after we took all their side shit all year"

doesn't have to be much just a cheap bottle of pop will do

especially with xmas coming up

tip for everyone if they take loads more then they should for you remember them at x-mas otherwise they'll start being arsey, I remember being told many times "leave that, those wankers gave us fock all at X-mas after we took all their side shit all year"

doesn't have to be much just a cheap bottle of pop will do

Yeah. Even during the year people would leave side stuff and we'd just ignore it, but leave it with a few cans of coke and we became their bitch. Easily pleased :D

They wont out **** me,it was one in particular,and i think his mate told him to do it properly,plus i gave them some beer last xmas so his mate might have remembered.i have my eye on those scamps! All i wanted was his job doing as it should be,without the attitude!

They wont out **** me,it was one in particular,and i think his mate told him to do it properly,plus i gave them some beer last xmas so his mate might have remembered.i have my eye on those scamps! All i wanted was his job doing as it should be,without the attitude!

he might of been agency then or new to the round, different gangs have different attitudes

Yeah. Even during the year people would leave side stuff and we'd just ignore it, but leave it with a few cans of coke and we became their bitch. Easily pleased :D

What I'm curious to know (from the experts, like!) is the correct 'etiquette' for leaving binmen a Chrimbo 'thank you'. I'm never at home when they come to empty the bins, and I can't see them from the house anyway, so how do I go about leaving something that any passing kid won't just happen to see and nick? Do binmen check inside the lid if I was to leave something taped inside? :dunno:

who did you work for then koko?

North Kesteven District Council. Used to do it as my summer and winter job. Loved it.

You gave them beer last Christmas? If your usual binmen are anything like I was you'll be fine :D

Edited by Alexikokopops

What I'm curious to know (from the experts, like!) is the correct 'etiquette' for leaving binmen a Chrimbo 'thank you'. I'm never at home when they come to empty the bins, and I can't see them from the house anyway, so how do I go about leaving something that any passing kid won't just happen to see and nick? Do binmen check inside the lid if I was to leave something taped inside? :dunno:

place it behind the bin and in front of the wall is generally the best way

North Kesteven District Council. Used to do it as my summer and winter job. Loved it.

You gave them beer last Christmas? If your usual binmen are anything like I was you'll be fine :D

ah I worked @ Biffa, BDC & O&WBD was only ever agency though would of loved to have gotten on at O&WBC full time but they were never hiring