Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Some bloody women in saffron Walden today.

This women was walking across a zebra crossing with a small toddler in her arms,she stopped in the middle of the crossing to adjust the childs hood.i was in no rush and didnt mind.There was an old lady approaching the crossing,so i waved her to cross.

Anyway the bint with the child said something,and as i couldnt hear i thought she had a problem with her child(hence being in the middle of the crossing) the problem was me.i put my window down and she gave me a gob full,calling me a bastard and saying i was young once and probably not as good looking.

Now this took me by surprise as i thought she was asking for help at first, i said hold on i was waving the old lady on,she just repeated her first line again.

Couldnt contain my shock and anger any more .told her she was being a thick idiot for not getting her facts right before shooting her gob off and as she thought the child was so good looking it was clear it cant of been hers as she had a face like a bag of spanners! she was not amused,but that will teach her not to be the smart arse when she doesnt expect a reponse!

Some bloody women in saffron Walden today.

This women was walking across a zebra crossing with a small toddler in her arms,she stopped in the middle of the crossing to adjust the childs hood.i was in no rush and didnt mind.There was an old lady approaching the crossing,so i waved her to cross.

Anyway the bint with the child said something,and as i couldnt hear i thought she had a problem with her child(hence being in the middle of the crossing) the problem was me.i put my window down and she gave me a gob full,calling me a bastard and saying i was young once and probably not as good looking.

Now this took me by surprise as i thought she was asking for help at first, i said hold on i was waving the old lady on,she just repeated her first line again.

Couldnt contain my shock and anger any more .told her she was being a thick idiot for not getting her facts right before shooting her gob off and as she thought the child was so good looking it was clear it cant of been hers as she had a face like a bag of spanners! she was not amused,but that will teach her not to be the smart arse when she doesnt expect a reponse!

Yo shudda ran that bitch downnnnn.

Anyway, Bus drivers and corrupt fifa officials grind my gears.

Yo shudda ran that bitch downnnnn.

Anyway, Bus drivers and corrupt fifa officials grind my gears.

They piss me off no end. On a similar note, bus prices grind my gears. Near enough £5 for a return to Stoke (I have to buy a First day ticket, they don't sell returns :angry: )

They piss me off no end. On a similar note, bus prices grind my gears. Near enough £5 for a return to Stoke (I have to buy a First day ticket, they don't sell returns :angry: )

Yeh the prices are ridiculous, i have a bus pass because of college but it would be something like £5.80 to get a return, which is ridiculous because it is only a 30 minute journey.

It's all well and good telling us to use public transport and lower our 'Carbon Footprint' but when they charge such outrageous prices it is almost always cheaper to drive or use other methods.

Edited by Jackirius

the tap might just be clogged up.

All 3 cold taps are not working, the toilet will not refill when I flushed it and the hot water tank doesn't refill if I turn the hot tap on.

And I've rang the water folks and they said to get a hairdryer on warm around the stop tap under the sink! Then I rang the emergency water number after that trick didn't work and there's no freakin answer.

There's still about 10 inch of snow on my garden so I reckon that's it. Does that mean the pipe wouldn't have burst but will just be frozen?

If your service is frozen in your property then there's not much you can do about it. They only have a responsibility up to the boundary of your property. Do your neighbours have water? Usually there should be a four hour response to a no water complaint but if all the pipes are frozen then the water company should have to provide bottled water for you. You may have to be without water for 24hrs though.

If you think there's a burst on the property you could ask the water company to check the ebco at the boundary and see if the meter is still running.

If your service is frozen in your property then there's not much you can do about it. They only have a responsibility up to the boundary of your property. Do your neighbours have water? Usually there should be a four hour response to a no water complaint but if all the pipes are frozen then the water company should have to provide bottled water for you. You may have to be without water for 24hrs though.

If you think there's a burst on the property you could ask the water company to check the ebco at the boundary and see if the meter is still running.

Only just seen this reply but it's sorted now ta. It just started working again about an hour or two later so it must have been frozen. I did the hairdryer trick on the stop-tap and shovelled some snow away from underneath my kitchen window where the pipe enters the house.

Glad it's sorted 'cos I had a Doner Kebab Pot Noodle I was gagging to eat!

We've normally got some Highland Spring in 'cos I'm not a fan of the old fluoride but we'd ran out so couldn't even have a cuppa.