Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Anyone who utters any of the following words : peeps, simples, anyways.

Plus it's fucking LOSE not LOOSE, okay morons????????????

Oh no the cows are lose!!!!!

One of the guys who works in the factory ,always collars me when i decide to go in the office.As he loves to talk football. F**k knows how though ,he supports pboro!!!

Well,the guy drives me mad with his English. If he thinks pboro will win,he says "we'll win them" i have corrected him, but the bandy legged Tw*t,wont let the information sink in!

His greeting is good though,instead of a hello,hi,how do you do(sadly rarely used these days) its a shout of"up the Posh"

Guest BlueBrett
One of the guys who works in the factory ,always collars me when i decide to go in the office.As he loves to talk football. F**k knows how though ,he supports pboro!!!

Well,the guy drives me mad with his English. If he thinks pboro will win,he says "we'll win them" i have corrected him, but the bandy legged Tw*t,wont let the information sink in!

His greeting is good though,instead of a hello,hi,how do you do(sadly rarely used these days) its a shout of"up the Posh

Where's he from? My mum is originally from the North East and although she doesn't really have a geordie accent she has retained some of the dialectical eccentricities, one of which is the "we won them" thing. Does my nut in as well. :frusty:

Oh and I'll tell you what else grinds my gears while I'm at it - All the bloody halucination bollocks in the new series of shameless. It's rubbish.

Edited by BlueBrett

Internal flights within the UK. Anyone with that much cash or in that much of a hurry must be a bit of a dick.

I've a good friend who lives in Newcastle with family in Essex. Frequently gets the plane back and forth and pretty sure does so because it's cheaper than the train.

You have heard of EasyJet yeah?

Internal flights within the UK. Anyone with that much cash or in that much of a hurry must be a bit of a dick.

My friend went to Uni in Aberdeen and can get flights for cheaper than the train. I'd say you're more of a dick if you pay more for something that takes hours longer.

Edit: Well it appears that Welsh chap has popped up making the same point. Lets all just agree that he's the dick.

Edited by Alexikokopops

Now this like most rants a generalisation, I haven't researched the actual numbers but its about the British preconceived ideas about their own country and leaving to live elsewhere.

The amount of times I've heard someone who has relocated mention how beautiful the scenery is, so Britain hasn't got some of the most beautiful scenery in the world? Accessible to practically everyone even if you live in large cities?

Another reason is 'oh it's a much slower pace of life' - well move to a village then, plenty of stunning villages some even on the outskirts of major cities that feel like you've gone back 100 years.

Crime, 'oh its great not reading about crime and leaving your door open at night', so have they ever tried leaving thier doors open in Britain?, my guess nope, so there are no places in Britain where you could do that? Reminds me of that Michael Moore documentary when he asks Canadians if they leave their door open at night, they all did and they all were victims of crimes.

The weather?, fair enough I can understand that to a certain degree especially the elderly but a lot of the outdoor activities the ex pats mention can be done within Britain the only difference being you'll do it in colder weather, give me different seasons than a constant burning sun draining you of energy and sweating all over the place due to humidity.

And theres all the great things about Britain too the friendly people, the sense of humour, etc etc...

I understand that some place s maybe an improvement on where they lived before but I think they neglect just what an incredible country Britain is, but they don't look for what they want within Britain they automatically believe it can only be found elsewhere.

Having lived in many countries over the past 10+ years I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, I'm not knocking them about moving but just find the reasons they give strange. But more than that is the lack of pride that the Brits seem to have about their own country which baffles me, because we should be an extremely proud nation we live in a incredible place.

Guest BlueBrett
I've a good friend who lives in Newcastle with family in Essex. Frequently gets the plane back and forth and pretty sure does so because it's cheaper than the train.

You have heard of EasyJet yeah?

What the slag from Gladiators?

It still seems extravagant and environmentally irresponsible. I know this contracdicts the second half of my earlier post but it's not so much the people who take the flights than annoy me it's more the fact that the option even exists.

It still seems extravagant and environmentally irresponsible. I know this contracdicts the second half of my earlier post but it's not so much the people who take the flights than annoy me it's more the fact that the option even exists.

Say if you had parents/family who lived hundreds of miles away. There'e been an accident and you need to get there as soon as.

Car's broken down. Train's are severely delayed. Buses are shit. Plane is your only OPTION. Would you take it? To add insult to injury, the plane is black, by the way, run by black people full of black passengers, with only black coffee for refreshments and black pudding as food option...

Edited by StanSP

Guest BlueBrett

Yeh no doubt i would. I'm not one of those die by your loosely held principles types you know. Seems a fairly exceptional set of circumstances though and I'm not sure blue moon events like that can justify something that takes place every day and is so damaging to the environment. Of course it's alwyas nice to have options when you are in a pickle but you know as well as I do that the vast majority of internal flights are made use of for business purposes by people who could definitely make other arrangements.

Black is the only way to drink coffee.

43068.jpg

The Geen Way To Travel.

I think I have a problem with the term "environmentally unfriendly," anyway. "The environment" evolves, we don't. "The environment," was here long before us and will be here long after we're gone. It's not really the cute little animals' habitats we're really worried about destroying. It's our own - we could at least have the honesty to admit that, as a species.

That's what grinds my gears (today.)

As well as "I want to go home, <city name> is a shit hole, I want to go home" usually sung by some knuckle dragging bunch of wasters by some god awful estate themselves.

Oh. And David Vaughan's hair. Go bald with some fucking dignity.

Edited by Finnegan

lol made me laugh when the guy said something on the lines of "you'd have backed him there" and I was just thinking "yo, have you ever SEEN him play?"

Man missus more sitters than anyone on the planet. Commentary snippet later on summed it up "DJ Campbel! ... how did that stay out?" Yeah...

Not as frustrating as thinking you're listening to an advert where a girl gives details of her 'first time', only to eventually find she was talking about a fucking trip to New Zealand.

Lovely place.