Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Contractors not bringing the right equipment to do a job, thus causing a trunk main to burst and knocking off the water for a massive area, which gives me loads of extra work to do. :@

Edited by FoxyPV

Arrange it another day. Why did it get cancelled? Who/what is San Carlo?

Why am I even interested?

the restaurant in granby st

i assume they cancelled it

EDIT;

being harangued into changing my avatar :angry:

Edited by Zingari

What was your avatar? I missed the hoohah.

It was Harry Enfield , ( mr, "you don't wanna do that" )

And in that understated and threatening "Don Corleone" tone , Sosban and some of his henchmen "advised" me that it would be in my interest to change it .

this sort of online bullying goes on all the time ,

where were you ?

it wouldn't happen if Webbo were a mod

IMO

It's the stupidest thing to say... In My Opinion. Of course it's your opinion, you've just told me what you think - why should I think it was anything other than your opinion. It's not someone else's opinion, otherwise you would have said, "Well (such and such) says..." Also people say, "Of course, that's just my opinion" to counter any potential backlash to having that opinion - as if merely having that opinion is okay, so long as it's just an opinion and you can tell it to whomever you like so long as you qualify it with "that's just my opinion"

EG

"I think Hitler got some bad press, but that's just my opinion."

"Oh, so that's just your opinion is it? Well that's okay then."

No, this buffon clearly needs his thought process correcting and you should feel free to do so at length! In fact, you can challenge anyone's opinion, regardless of caveat addendums. The expression, "just my opinion" should not be a closed door statement, it should fling open the doors of debate and if the other person believe it to be a closed door statement then you need to batter it with the ram of rationality*.

Having said all that, it's only my opinion. :whistle:

Don't get me started on imHo...

*He lives in Snowdonia on a remote mountainside.