Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Traffic Wardens, we got a £70 fine for being about a few feet on a double yellow line on Saturday. Cheeky bastards came just after KO.

... then you shouldn't have been on a double yellow line?

That's not the point, they're cnuts.

It's exactly the point. They were doing the job and you were thinking you were above the law.

It's also only a £35 fine if you pay in 14 days.

Seriously though, everyone knows the rules and what happens if you break them. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Dry your eyes, just because someone doesn't bow down and suck your dick on this forum there is no need to throw your toys out the pram.

Who's crying? I'm just calling you a twat. That you don't have a better argument than "bore off" isn't my concern. :thumbup:

I love how anyone who "stands up to" people like Daggers or myself these days seems to have the attitude that they're the one brave voice in the crowd.

At least NSLL,. Father Ted and fox123 were calling us cunts before it was cool. :whistle:

Edited by Sosban Fach

The police. Someone pissed me off last night so I went over and cut him open, knife through the sternum. Anyway, they've only gone and arrested me today haven't they! Absolute ****s, doing their job and whatnot, fucking cheek of it.

And it's like, you only cut him halfway open and only for a little while. It's not like he died or anything, they could have made an exception just once.

Fucking jobsworths.

Edited by Sosban Fach

Who's crying? I'm just calling you a twat. That you don't have a better argument than "bore off" isn't my concern. :thumbup:

I love how anyone who "stands up to" people like Daggers or myself these days seems to have the attitude that they're the one brave voice in the crowd.

At least NSLL,. Father Ted and fox123 were calling us cunts before it was cool. :whistle:

Do you seriously not have anything better to do though than just sit on here and nit pick? Must have one hell of a life.

I have better things to do than become some internet tough guy and start arguments on forums over nothing.

Do you seriously not have anything better to do though than just sit on here and nit pick? Must have one hell of a life.

I have better things to do than become some internet tough guy and start arguments on forums over nothing.

I lead a rich and fulfilling life and find time to WUM overreacting children. I'm multi-talented. :thumbup:

The police. Someone pissed me off last night so I went over and cut him open, knife through the sternum. Anyway, they've only gone and arrested me today haven't they! Absolute ****s, doing their job and whatnot, fucking cheek of it.

It took me this far to realise you were joking.. the police aren't that efficient!

I've mentioned this before but there's a lad on 6 Music at this moment who's talking in a way that makes me want to bite my own legs off. He's doing that thing where he turns his questions into statements? Everything second thing he says sounds like a question even though he didn't ask any actual questions at all?

It's all the rage at the moment with young people but there's a woman in my office in her 40s that does it and that gets me particularly enraged. I'm sorry, I mean that gets me particularly enraged?

I've no idea why people do this. It makes you sound like a) you're unsure of what you're saying (and therefore a bit of a div) or b) you don't expect the person you're talking to will be familiar with what you're talking about, which unless you're talking about something very complicated or profound can be seen as being a bit rude or c) in an episode of The Hills

It's not going to kill anyone I know, but for chrissake, if you're a youngster (or anyone for that matter) going for an interview and the interviewer is older than 25 then try very hard not to do it, because (and you'll have to trust me on this one) if it comes down to you and someone else and the someone else doesn't talk like that, they're going to get the job

I don't think someone should be judged on the way they talk, especially at an interview? (Unless they're planning on being a voiceover artist, of course?)

It depends how important verbal communication is to the post, and I'm probably more keenly aware of it as in my line of work how we come across to clients - and the nature of our clients makes this even more important - is crucial, and coming across as confident and authoritative in particular. Obviously, you'd be being a bit of a miserable sod if you didn't take someone on because they have a regional accent, because that's not something you can really help, but this upward inflection thing is a bizarre affectation that seems to be becoming increasingly common. Even more odd is that it seems that the more educated you are, the more likely you are to do it - it seems particularly prevalent in graduates

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

It depends how important verbal communication is to the post, and I'm probably more keenly aware of it as in my line of work how we come across to clients - and the nature of our clients makes this even more important - is crucial, and coming across as confident and authoritative in particular. Obviously, you'd be being a bit of a miserable sod if you didn't take someone on because they have a regional accent, because that's not something you can really help, but this upward inflection thing is a bizarre affectation that seems to be becoming increasingly common. Even more odd is that it seems that the more educated you are, the more likely you are to do it - it seems particularly prevalent in graduates

You do realise I was taking the piss? :P:whistle: