Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

This bloody samsung smartphone predictive text.

How can it suggest 'ts' or 'Ur' ahead of 'up'

Or 'ON'T' and 'O'nt' before 'not'

they dont even make sense, why would I end a word with capital 'ON' apostrophe T? Unless it's for Yorkshire folk on'tinternet

and why 'ht' instead if 'it' I can't even think of a word that has 'ht' together like that.. i suppose the cockerny "wots it all ABAHT" could count.

Plus others too many to mention

:angry:

Being skint and not able to go watch City play tonight :(

Sell a kidney...

I have a liver for sale... pickled... nice with wine

Edited by Parafox

This bloody samsung smartphone predictive text.

How can it suggest 'ts' or 'Ur' ahead of 'up'

Or 'ON'T' and 'O'nt' before 'not'

SOMEONE ELSE!

I genuinely thought it was because i'd moved to Yorkshire. "I'm just on't bus home mam"

Edited by Haydos

I never use predictive text simply because of the reasons above. I've lost count of the amount of times I hear that iPhone users send the wrong words thanks to predictive text.

I wouldn't be without predictive text now. It means I can send unnecessarily long, rambling and complicated messages to people in a fraction of the time

I wouldn't be without predictive text now. It means I can send unnecessarily long, rambling and complicated messages to people in a fraction of the time

Yeah but full of words you don't mean.

Do you use proper punctuation too? I do... winds my kids up no end !!

Yeah but full of words you don't mean.

Do you use proper punctuation too? I do... winds my kids up no end !!

It's easily done but I tend to avoid it because I type like a typist now (after 14 years of writing crappy reports and letters for work) and look at the screen rather than the buttons.

I do use proper punctuation because I find it pretty easy (and quick with the old predictive text) and with modern phones there's no need to abbreviate things. Also, I'm 36 so I think it would look a bit sinister and weird if I wrote texts like a 13 year old girl

Also, I'm 36 so I think it would look a bit sinister and weird if I wrote texts like a 13 year old girl

My sister-in-law does that, thinks it's 'kewl'. Just makes her appear idiotic.

Apart from that she is lovely... and yes i would... :rolleyes:

Is that so wrong?

:S

Wow and people from Norwich get stereotyped in that way.

:giggle:

we're not related FFS.

my wife's sister.. see

:frusty:

And she is a SILILF in the same way tha Fiona Bruce is a NRILTF, it crosses your mind when you see her, but t'aint never gonna happen :whistle:

Edited by Parafox

None of my wife's sisters are good looking. It's a bit disappointing really. If you're getting married make sure he/she has some hot siblings that you can flirt with at family dos. It makes those events that wee bit easier.

Edited by FoxyPV

None of my wife's sisters are good looking. It's a bit disappointing really. If you're getting married make sure he/she has some hot siblings that you can flirt with at family dos. It makes those events that wee bit easier.

Or, just don't get married and then you can flirt with whoever without fear of the other half wanting to cut your nads off? :thumbup:

I never use predictive text simply because of the reasons above. I've lost count of the amount of times I hear that iPhone users send the wrong words thanks to predictive text.

That's probably because people don't bang on about the countless times that an incorrectly spelled was corrected by the iPhone dictionary.