Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Because I was brought up with manners. Maybe you'd walk up to a counter and say 'give me this or that', or just pick something up and dump it on a counter, but some ov uz wos brought up propa!!

Dear Akp,

Manners cost nothing.

Yours

NB

I don't have to say anything. I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Student Finance, as always, is grinding my gears at the present time.

They are absolute tits. I've just spent 25 minutes on hold for what turned out to be a 30 second phone call. The lady I spoke to was very nice, but I wouldn't have had to wait for so long to solve what was a minor issue of they fixed the message sending facility on their website. Last year, cok up after cock up left me living on hand outs from my parents until March. I will not tolerate my loans being even a day late this year, I have a house to pay for!

And sod's law says that you always get the phone monkey with the heavy, incomprehensible Glaswegian growl and not the one with the gentle and soothing Highland burr. Luckily, I sorted mine all out earlier this year... :fc:

Bang on!

They have yet to send me my payment schedule and I need it to enrol, brilliant innit.

Probably not quite the right place to put this, but...

..what REALLY p****s me off is, whether rain is coming straight down, or on a slight wind-induced angle, it ALWAYS comes in the driver's window!!

Try it! However the wet stuff falls, it always seem to come in the driver's side.

Fecking rain!!

Oh, and wanky drivers in London that probably haven't got a fecking licence. Or just can't drive in a manner suited to rushing around like a bleedin' idiot in London.

Basically - GET OUT OF MY FVCKIN' WAY AND LEARN TO DRIVE!! (offers arm movement in a back and forth manner, accompanied by an almost clenched fist).

Did you manage to help you at all with this on the phone? In my experience they are bloody awful.

In a word no. I rang them yesterday, incomprehensible accented woman (more likely a girl) puts me on hold for about 20 mins as her computer is 'playing up' strange it played up after I said what the problem was. Eventually she said she would email my LEA (Lincolnshire) and ask why I hadn't had it as I 'should've had it by now' no shit Sherlock, I could've told her that. End of conversation.

Emailed my LEA myself today basically grassing Student Finance up and saying that they said they would email them about it and the bloke replied with 'I have tasked the Student Loans Company with a task marked "Critical" which is of the highest importance level. Within this task i have requested that they send you your Payment Schedule asap'

Thanks for that.

Smashing isn't it.

Student Finance, as always, is grinding my gears at the present time.

Ha. What kind of crappy system wants to know what you earned from Apr 07 - Mar 08 to base its decision on, when for the academic year coming up, one is not going to be earning a third of that amount? Tossers.