Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Being up at 6:15am on a Sunday morning cos my cat is meowing it's head off for food, only to give it some and have her smell it and walk off like it was poison. <_<

Alright, Martin Luther-King, calm down.

Hahahahahahaha :D

people who waste paramedics time by either getting drunk and falling over / getting into a fight / being a dickhead or all 3, also people who say they want to kill themselves and waste hours of the paramedics / docs / nurses / whoever else's time without actually meaning what they are saying - the genine people who want to commit harry karry just do it usually

Realising your drinking tap Coca-Cola whilst having your Sunday lunch in the pub. :closedeyes: <_<

Do you usually get the proles to make it for you beforehand using only the finest carbonated water and some unicorn's blood for extra flavour? You poor, poor soul.

Oh and having to pay to get into a club twice because you somehow ended up outside with no proof you'd already been in :angry:

Happened to me the other week, but I got back in for free because the woman bouncer remembered telling me my flies were undone* and then the bouncers all laughed at me.

*Amongst other, related, things

Edited by DB11

But it will, though, won't it?

People don't want to be saddled with that kind of debt. Yes, they're told that they've got years to pay it off at very low interest but it's still an enormous sum to get your head around and there will be students, particularly those from backgrounds where their parents can't afford to contribute to their education, who will feel that it's too much to commit to.

You can't honestly tell me that when you went to university (I assume you did) you witnessed all students on fiscal parity. I went to uni with students whose parents paid for everything, who greatly contributed towards their accommodation or even paid it entirely; I even went to uni with students who didn't need their loans at all because of parental contributions.

Of course it will be somewhat different with the prices being elevated and there'll be significantly fewer parents paying the fees in full, but you can't seriously tell me that students with no support are going to feel that drastic inflation like this is just as easy to cope wit as those whose families can afford to pump large sums into their education?

But it will, though, won't it?

People don't want to be saddled with that kind of debt. Yes, they're told that they've got years to pay it off at very low interest but it's still an enormous sum to get your head around and there will be students, particularly those from backgrounds where their parents can't afford to contribute to their education, who will feel that it's too much to commit to.

You can't honestly tell me that when you went to university (I assume you did) you witnessed all students on fiscal parity. I went to uni with students whose parents paid for everything, who greatly contributed towards their accommodation or even paid it entirely; I even went to uni with students who didn't need their loans at all because of parental contributions.

Of course it will be somewhat different with the prices being elevated and there'll be significantly fewer parents paying the fees in full, but you can't seriously tell me that students with no support are going to feel that drastic inflation like this is just as easy to cope wit as those whose families can afford to pump large sums into their education?

It isn't debt though. The whole message is wrong. It is a limited period, capped graduate tax which only kicks in significantly when you can afford to pay it. Debt is something you have to pay back regardless of income. Students should ignore it completely when deciding whether to go to Uni or not. Do you consider the possibility that you might one day be a higher rate taxpayer if you go to Uni and have a successful well paid career afterwards? SHIT! I better go and get a low paid job to avoid that 40% tax rate!! I wouldn't want to find myself in that income bracket!!!

Your point about parental support is also nonsense. Parents will be MORE able to support their children through Uni now as they will have NO UPFRONT FEES TO PAY. Look at the facts.

Mrs Reynard starting a serious conversation at half 11 last night when I'm wrecked (had a kettlebell training session last night) and really can't be ****ed listeing to it. I offered ways to resolve the problems taking into account the varying factors but none of it was good enough.

I've just heard an advert for the new THQ release "Homefront" on Spotify so I just looked it up on Wikipedia - it ground my gears.

I'm not entirely sure why it bothers me, war games like this are always based on ridiculous fiction, but the premise for Homefront is possibly one of the most retarded things I've ever seen or heard.

I've just heard an advert for the new THQ release "Homefront" on Spotify so I just looked it up on Wikipedia - it ground my gears.

I'm not entirely sure why it bothers me, war games like this are always based on ridiculous fiction, but the premise for Homefront is possibly one of the most retarded things I've ever seen or heard.

Becuase you just know some twat game writer is hoping that scenario pans out.

Charlie Sheen is grinding my gears right now.

WINNING.