Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Becuase you just know some twat game writer is hoping that scenario pans out.

WINNING.

I think you mean Bi-winning....

Someone/ a really keen lad on my course talking to me about something irrelevant when I'm obviously trying to listen to a lecturer...

You might be shitting your pants about an essay you might have done wrong but I haven't, I don't like you and you're annoying as fook. :frusty:

Middle lane drivers and those who believe the 3rd lane is just for them.

For the record there is NO SUCH THING as the slow, middle and fast lane. They are referred to as lanes 1,2 and 3 (or 4 if it exists on some areas). The 2nd and 3rd (or 4th)lanes are the OVERTAKING lanes. Drivers should return to the 1st lane after overtaking where it is clear and safe to do so. The pricks who don't use the lanes correctly GRIND MY GEARS, and yes I am aware of the road layout on the M1 approching 21a north and 21 south. These are exceptions where lane 2 is used when travelling past these junctions.

And yes it IS 2:04 am and yes I am on nights and yes I AM FIKIN GROUCHY

:angry:

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

Middle lane drivers and those who believe the 3rd lane is just for them.

For the record there is NO SUCH THING as the slow, middle and fast lane. They are referred to as lanes 1,2 and 3 (or 4 if it exists on some areas). The 2nd and 3rd (or 4th)lanes are the OVERTAKING lanes. Drivers should return to the 1st lane after overtaking where it is clear and safe to do so. The pricks who don't use the lanes correctly GRIND MY GEARS, and yes I am aware of the road layout on the M1 approching 21a north and 21 south. These are exceptions where lane 2 is used when travelling past these junctions.

And yes it IS 2:04 am and yes I am on nights and yes I AM FIKIN GROUCHY

:angry:

Well said that man,i get in a row with the wife over this one,as i flash my lights pointing at the inside lane ,and dont get me started on lorries who pull out infront of you and overtake another lorry, going approx 1mph faster and take 5 mins to overtake.WHY? By the time i get passed im ready to pull the hairy arsed twats out of the cab, and im not a violent man.Even the kids start chirping at my rage by saying"Dad,you think you are king of the road"i blame the mother!!

• Like 1

Well said that man,i get in a row with the wife over this one,as i flash my lights pointing at the inside lane ,and dont get me started on lorries who pull out infront of you and overtake another lorry, going approx 1mph faster and take 5 mins to overtake.WHY? By the time i get passed im ready to pull the hairy arsed twats out of the cab, and im not a violent man.Even the kids start chirping at my rage by saying"Dad,you think you are king of the road"i blame the mother!!

I am assuming when you do this you are driving within the speed limit? Otherwise you are in fact being a dangerous twat?

Edited by Jon the Hat

It's because modern trucks are governed at around 55 - 58 MPH (unless their Continental). They have cruise control which drivers set at the max governed speed so if a truck travelling at max 58 mph comes up to one doing max 55 mph it will be overtaking at a mean speed of 3 mph. Given that both trucks could be 14 metres long (42 feet) means that an overtaking length of 84 feet is required to clear the slower truck. I have tried to work out the length in distance and time it would take to complete the manouvre but my brain exploded...

Incidentally, I drive trucks a few times a month as a second job/hobby. I am an advanced driver as I also drive for an emergency service so I hope I dont fall into your categories of truck drivers. I try to be as safe and considerate as I can (except when I am texting of course)...

:whistle:

It's because modern trucks are governed at around 55 - 58 MPH (unless their Continental). They have cruise control which drivers set at the max governed speed so if a truck travelling at max 58 mph comes up to one doing max 55 mph it will be overtaking at a mean speed of 3 mph. Given that both trucks could be 14 metres long (42 feet) means that an overtaking length of 84 feet is required to clear the slower truck. I have tried to work out the length in distance and time it would take to complete the manouvre but my brain exploded...

Incidentally, I drive trucks a few times a month as a second job/hobby. I am an advanced driver as I also drive for an emergency service so I hope I dont fall into your categories of truck drivers. I try to be as safe and considerate as I can (except when I am texting of course)...

:whistle:

I did say minority.i do 30k miles per year and have not had 1 crash in 22 years,i do look ahead to see whats going on,dont drive to close,but i might be a nightmare for other users.i wouldnt dare drive a 40 footer,but do get to drive a 7.5 tonne from time to time to help out at work and that shits me up!

Citation and referencing when doing assignments. Can prove to be more frustrating doing it correctly than the assignment itself. :angry:

That used to my bane when i was at Uni. Hated doing it.

Edited by MikeyT

Young families with infants on planes, especially when the little 'uns are flying for the very first time.

You can't afford headphones? They have as much right to be there as you, and are probably enjoying it less. Take pleasure in the fact that at the end of the flight to get to leave the kids behind....