Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I am seeing no end of my friends using the term "mom" now, instead of "mum" which i know is a little thing but it drives me insane. We are in England and you are English, NOT America!

exactamundo - when addressing your mum you should only use an o if you're using the term "mother"

People talking shite about Libya, and saying stuff like 'we're doing it for humanitarian reasons to help the Libyan people'.

You mappets. By the time it's over the Libyans will be far worse off than they were already under that big faced nutter.

I am seeing no end of my friends using the term "mom" now, instead of "mum" which i know is a little thing but it drives me insane. We are in England and you are English, NOT America!

the bird I'm sort of seeing says mom, it annoys me but just gotta grit my teeth

People talking shite about Libya, and saying stuff like 'we're doing it for humanitarian reasons to help the Libyan people'.

You mappets. By the time it's over the Libyans will be far worse off than they were already under that big faced nutter.

Is this one of the "we are only there for the oil" arguments? If I am not much mistaken we already have access to the oil. BP...

So i'm guessing people (like me) that say the letter Z as 'zee' instead of 'zed' also annoy you...

Bus drivers, Tried to get on the bus earlier and he shut the doors as I was about to get on and then shrugged his shoulders. I ran down the road from the station and waited at the next bus stop. He just pointed at me and drove past. Some bus drivers are alright but the majority are just wankers.

Dunno what it is that they find so funny about driving past people waiting at bus stops, probably the only funny thing happening in their life

Edited by samlcfc

Bus drivers, Tried to get on the bus earlier and he shut the doors as I was about to get on and then shrugged his shoulders. I ran down the road from the station and waited at the next bus stop. He just pointed at me and drove past. Some bus drivers are alright but the majority are just wankers.

Dunno what it is that they find so funny about driving past people waiting at bus stops, probably the only funny thing happening in their life

Why the hell would he do that? :S

the bird I'm sort of seeing says mom, it annoys me but just gotta grit my teeth

What a strange thing to be mad about. Most languages have words originating from elsewhere. Unless they say it in a America accent that is. :crylaugh:

Edited by purpleronnie

Yes but what he had done if he would have re taken the east of the country? In that sense they would have been alot worse off.

If he had retaken the east his army would of crushed the armed rebel fighters and probably executed a few of their leaders I suppose. The civilians would still have been better off in the long run in my opinion, even though it obviously would have been hell for them for a while.

The 'no fly zone' just translates to 'we're gonna bomb the shit out of you so you'd better head for the basement'. I'm pretty sure that when the UN passed resolution 1973 the other day it was supposedly just to enforce a no fly zone with no mention of attacking. But before we knew it 110 cruise missiles had been launched. There will be far too many civilian deaths for my liking, not to mention all the other problems it will bring.

I hope I'm wrong though and it all gets sorted out soon.

One of the reasons I don't think it's a humanitarian effort is because right now Saudi soldiers are killing and wounding many innocent protestors (not armed rebels) and western leaders continue to back them, as always, along with the Bahrain rulers. There are many examples of us ignoring terrible atrocities and genocide but we'd be here all day!

Is this one of the "we are only there for the oil" arguments? If I am not much mistaken we already have access to the oil. BP...

Jon, don't forget, this is Empty you are talking to! I don't think I've ever said that any of the wars are just about oil. And if I did, then I was deluded or possibly possessed (no offence to anyone who does think it's only about oil :ph34r: ). Alot of it is oil related, and our (or western) ability to recieve it on our terms. It is a multi billion dollar business after all, but in my opinion there are many other factors that led to this involvement.

The massive 1000 miles of strategic Libyan Mediterranean coastline could be one factor, especially with the near pre-planned mayhem that's about to crack off with Israel, Egypt and other nations in that near vacinity. It might sound like silly conspiracy fear-mongering babble :santa: but I bet you that very soon some massive horrible atrocity occurs, even worse than 911, and then all hell breaks out in the Middle East and North Africa, if it hasn't already. That's when the 1000 miles of Libyan coastline will come in very handy indeed.

I was going to list a couple more reasons for 'intervening' in Libya but they sound even more like wild speculation than the above paragraph and you'd have a field day so I've changed my mind!

Not having a threaded view of texts on my phone.

Isn't usually too bad but once you get a text about more than one thing it becomes a right pain saving drafts and looking back in your inbox.

Just got a 6 page message and had to save about 3 drafts in the process of replying!

Not having a threaded view of texts on my phone.

Isn't usually too bad but once you get a text about more than one thing it becomes a right pain saving drafts and looking back in your inbox.

Just got a 6 page message and had to save about 3 drafts in the process of replying!

Used to hate that on my old phone. I'd always forget what the text I received had said, so then I had to keep saving drafts <_<