Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

leg based injuries.

About two weeks ago i started to feel an aching pain in my right knee and hip, i did what any bloke would do - ignored it and carried on as usual. Getting worse and it's really irritating to have to hobble round late at night because i can't flex my knee.

Tendonitis.

I presume you're taking anti-inflammatory medication? If not, I strongly advise it as it'll redilute blood vessels, relieving pain. My Stepfather (a pharmacist) gave me some and worked within days a few years back. :thumbup:

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I presume you're taking anti-inflammatory medication? If not, I strongly advise it as it'll redilute blood vessels, relieving pain. My Stepfather (a pharmacist) gave me some and worked within days a few years back. :thumbup:

Not really, I'm doing my best to pretend it isn't there. :/ I'm sporadically taking Ibuprofen (which I think are anti-inflammatory) and using one of those Ice spray things (like Deep Heat, but cold!) but generally just hoping it'll miraculously go away. I don't do doctors unless I'm practically dying. >_<

My main struggle of getting in/out of bed. :(

Sometimes with me, it doesn't take anything to set mine off. Towards the end of last year i buggered my back up royally. All i did was pick up a remote i'd dropped and tore all the muscles in my lower back and i couldn't walk properly for weeks. When i tried, i was hunched over and had to keep stopping for breath. NOT fun if you have reoccurring back pains and anyone that does has my deepest sympathy.

Edited by MikeyT

I've always had bad backs at times. Getting old already. :(

How old are you then because I'm 20 and I'd assumed still being at college you'd be at least a year younger?

In fairness, one of my knees plays up from time to time so I know what you mean.

Had a ****er of a slipped disc a couple of years ago. Still around now but none of the pain, I just can't bend down further than my knees without bending my legs.

At one point for a couple of months I'd have to wake up an hour early because my nerve seized up in the night. Had to roll around and stretch and loosen up and stuff before I could try and stand up. Would then have to walk around and stretch more to get it working alright. Even then it would ache alll day and I'd have to take breaks off my feet.

One time I stayed at a mates on a futon and woke up in agony, literally couldn't move. Mum had to drive about 15 miles to bring me some painkillers and pick me up.

Absolute ****er that was. Had a cortisone injection in my spine and a within a month or so it was on the mend and been pain free ever since. Get it checked out if you ever can't bend down one day :thumbup:

leg based injuries.

About two weeks ago i started to feel an aching pain in my right knee and hip, i did what any bloke would do - ignored it and carried on as usual. Getting worse and it's really irritating to have to hobble round late at night because i can't flex my knee.

I've got dodgy groins dating back from years of AFL when i was younger, when ever i do any form of excersise my groins always play up but i need to excersise the way i indulge on the ales on weekends. So every morning i come to work in agony and walking like a gimp people god knows what people must think. I do the same as you just push through it.

Also had a bung hip, knee and achiles all in one, got recommended to a podiatrists got some new orthodix two weeks later all fixed never had any issues again. Turned out i had out grown my old Orthodix and the mechanics of my running and walking action was out of whack. Apparently my pelvis had turned as well

Harden up Princess!

Just joking, how long were you in hospital for and how long til you can eat solid foods.

Had it done on Friday morning, in at 7 am at Kew, out by 12, still cant chew food properly, jaw is stiff as tits, literrally swallowing food whole, in small bites.

When a fan invades the pitch and the commentator says 'Hopefully they'll be banned for life'. Why should they be banned for life? Jesus it's not really a big deal. Then when the crowd all laughs and cheers they go 'I don't know what they're laughing at, he's an idiot'. FFS get a sense of humour, yes he's an idiot but you'd get more respect from the public if you laughed with them, it's not as if they've destroyed the game or hurt anyone (especially as it usually happens when I'm watching a bore draw that needs a laugh).

Even worse is when there's a mass jubilant pitch invasion after the final whistle and they say 'well you can never condone a pitch invasion but you can understand it'. Yes you can condone a pitch invasion when it's for that reason. Get off your high horse.

And whilst we're on the subject, Stewards not allowing mass pitch invasions after a promotion or relegation safety.

Edited by Kitchandro

They're not allowed to condone pitch invasions because it's supposed to encourage them. That's why they're rarely actually even shown these days, if it was British TV crews they'd have cut away to something else.

I know but they don't really need to say anything like that do they? If they are desperate not to give them any publicity then they should just ignore it. There's no need to say stupid things like 'hopefully it will be the last time he sees his team at the Stadium', and they don't really need to say 'we don't condone it'. They can just not say they do condone it.

I know but they don't really need to say anything like that do they? If they are desperate not to give them any publicity then they should just ignore it. There's no need to say stupid things like 'hopefully it will be the last time he sees his team at the Stadium', and they don't really need to say 'we don't condone it'. They can just not say they do condone it.

You have strong opinions about the most ridiculous things.

You really do put me to shame, I love it.