Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

being made to feel old.

Discussing music with a couple of friends at college today and i end up getting a blank look back when i start talking about The Clash, AC/DC, Stiff Little Fingers, The Kinks, The Who and other bands of that vintage. I can't fathom how these people can't have heard of any of those, in paticular The Clash, The Who and The Kinks.

Then they progress on to talking about Drake & Chris Brown and i haven't got a clue who these artists are.

It just isn't right, i'm not even 18 yet but my taste in music is seemingly outdated.

Rather listen to your taste in music than theirs any day.

being made to feel old.

Discussing music with a couple of friends at college today and i end up getting a blank look back when i start talking about The Clash, AC/DC, Stiff Little Fingers, The Kinks, The Who and other bands of that vintage. I can't fathom how these people can't have heard of any of those, in paticular The Clash, The Who and The Kinks.

Then they progress on to talking about Drake & Chris Brown and i haven't got a clue who these artists are.

It just isn't right, i'm not even 18 yet but my taste in music is seemingly outdated.

In fairness, you must have actively gone and found music from most of those bands as you aren't even 18? I don't ever really listen to the radio to be honest but last time I did I cerrtainly didn't hear any of those listed, most of the chart music is drivel.

I do get your point though, as whilst I don't listen to any of those I'm quite aware of who they are and such.

For what it's worth, some of drake's stuff, not the radio stuff, is very good lyrically. Well for music of that vein anyway.

In fairness, you must have actively gone and found music from most of those bands as you aren't even 18? I don't ever really listen to the radio to be honest but last time I did I cerrtainly didn't hear any of those listed, most of the chart music is drivel.

I do get your point though, as whilst I don't listen to any of those I'm quite aware of who they are and such.

For what it's worth, some of drake's stuff, not the radio stuff, is very good lyrically. Well for music of that vein anyway.

If pilfering from my dads music collection (including a load of vinyls in the loft) counts as actively going and finding music then yes i did.

lol it's nothing like that, more friends who always say they'll do something and just never actually do, fvcks me right off.

I know what you mean mate, happens to everyone unfortunately.

Knock one out instead then :whistle:

People on Facebook who 'like' their own status' and comments.

i mean really.... get a grip...

yes, and when it's their birthday they go down the page and like every single post saying happy birthday.

My wife loves American idol, so i force myself to sit with her and watch it...

But............... Randy " Yo dawg! You know what I'm sayin'? Yo, yo, yo. That performance was the bomb, dawg. Word. Yo, “man…I jus’ wasn’ feelin’ it dawg etc" Jackson, makes me want to rip my own ears off, he's so repetitive.

Please Randy shut the **** up, that white pathetic singer from the deep south is no more your “dawg” than Dr. Dre is.

Edited by Leicfox

Stupid frickin Waitrose adverts.

Yeah I'm likely to be having Asparagus wrapped in smoked Salmon dipped in runny boiled eggs for breakfast you dipshats. If I have a boiled egg it's toast soldiers with butter and that's that.

being made to feel old.

You're not the only one, I'm 16 and a huge 60s/70s fan. Nobody in my year seems to understand why i like them, with them listening to modest of the chart crap around nowadays.

Stupid frickin Waitrose adverts.

Yeah I'm likely to be having Asparagus wrapped in smoked Salmon dipped in runny boiled eggs for breakfast you dipshats. If I have a boiled egg it's toast soldiers with butter and that's that.

Erm... Sorry Al, I don't think waitrose are pitching their ads at oiks and peasants like wot we are... it more for them there uppah clarrses don'tcha know

On a similar note... M&S ads for the Two Dine for a Tenner promo... making it look like it's hand made pasta etc... it's all mass produced in a F***ing factory FFS, we're NOT fooled... well, maybe some of the upper class blue rinse twits are but not us dahn 'ere in the ghettoes.

I once went to a casualty who worked in a kebab factory. He slipped over in the grease on the floor... it really was greasy, i couldn't walk without slipping, and the SMELL.... HAWK>>> HAWWWWK

And i've been to a chicken proccessing place that made nuggets and the like for Iceland (I think) OMG... never touching another bit of chicken I haven't previously seen naked (if you know what I mean)

Edited by Parafox

Erm... Sorry Al, I don't think waitrose are pitching their ads at oiks and peasants like wot we are... it more for them there uppah clarrses don'tcha know

On a similar note... M&S ads for the Two Dine for a Tenner promo... making it look like it's hand made pasta etc... it's all mass produced in a F***ing factory FFS, we're NOT fooled... well, maybe some of the upper class blue rinse twits are but not us dahn 'ere in the ghettoes.

I once went to a casualty who worked in a kebab factory. He slipped over in the grease on the floor... it really was greasy, i couldn't walk without slipping, and the SMELL.... HAWK>>> HAWWWWK

And i've been to a chicken proccessing place that made nuggets and the like for Iceland (I think) OMG... never touching another bit of chicken I haven't previously seen naked (if you know what I mean)

The moral of the story is be a vegetarian :thumbsup: