Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

of course, i forgot that the animals we eat aren't being bred to be eaten and wouldn't exist in such great numbers (or possibly at all) if they weren't. :rolleyes:

Wait.... so this makes it ok???

Great... i know, why dont we start farming people... in fact, weve already got too many of them..lets just round em up... put a bolt through their heads, tear their skin off and chop em up :)

:rolleyes:

Spelling has always been a pet peeve of mine.

But it grinds on me more when people can't spell simple names, especially when they're spelling something which they're usually associated with i.e. someone who can't spell names of players/managers of Leicester City. If it was something complicated like a foreign name (possibly from Poland where 'w' and 'z' are all over the place), then it wouldn't irritate me as much.

Anyway that's what grinds my gears for today.

I don't care usually but Izzett and/or Linekar just annoys me.

my faltmate/bestmate is called Vinay.

Everyone says his name wrong and calls gim Vinny.

I know tiits not my name but everyhonne seems to forget the a and add another n and it does my fooking head in.look like an sabsolute nobb if I say abnything cause it's not even myt name but annoys me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wait.... so this makes it ok???

Great... i know, why dont we start farming people... in fact, weve already got too many of them..lets just round em up... put a bolt through their heads, tear their skin off and chop em up :)

:rolleyes:

lol

People aren't being bred to be eaten though, we'd exist in the numbers we do anyway.

Cows, Sheep. Chickens etc. though are domesticated animals that we have selectively bred to be killed and eaten, if we didn't plan on eating them they wouldn't exist in the numbers they do and wouldn't be the same species.

They have no purpose except to be eaten so it's ok to chow down on them.

Besides animals eat other animals, its nature.

my faltmate/bestmate is called Vinay.

Everyone says his name wrong and calls gim Vinny.

I know tiits not my name but everyhonne seems to forget the a and add another n and it does my fooking head in.look like an sabsolute nobb if I say abnything cause it's not even myt name but annoys me so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

I havnt seen Vinny in a while

Eating animals is natural and although I understand if someone doesn't want to, I don't see how anyone can argue that it's not.

No, its not natural, it has become common but its not natural.

Its actually quite easy to argue... we are not carnivorous by nature, have a look at our teeth and jaw. They are designed for chewing, (eg, grasses, roots, nuts etc.) this is also why we are the only creatures that cooks its food, otherwise we arent capable of eating or digesting meat.

Even so....surely the killing of animals is animal cruelty in its most extreme? I find it confusing to keep reading and hearing about people who are horrified by acts of cruelty toward animals...who then go home to chow down on "a nice bit of steak"? :dunno:

Its actually quite easy to argue... we are not carnivorous by nature, have a look at our teeth and jaw. They are designed for chewing, (eg, grasses, roots, nuts etc.) this is also why we are the only creatures that cooks its food, otherwise we arent capable of eating or digesting meat.

Even so....surely the killing of animals is animal cruelty in its most extreme? I find it confusing to keep reading and hearing about people who are horrified by acts of cruelty toward animals...who then go home to chow down on "a nice bit of steak"? :dunno:

No, but we aren't herbivorous by nature either, we're omnivorous.

Why do you think the cavemen invented spears to hunt and kill mammoths? Because the mammoth was part of their diet.

The ice age at its peak did mean there was very little plant life and so the cavemen had to eat other animals to survive - that's natural, natural behaviour is that which promotes survival of the species. As the peak went and plant life returned the cavemen returned to eating plants as well as meat because they'd evolved to eat meat.

Also humans need to consume meat (or for vegetarians a meat substitute like tofu) in order to take in enough protein for growth, the herbivorous animals need to eat a lot of vegitation in comparison to their body mass to get enough protein in their diets but the time that would take out of each day makes that infeasible for a human.

• Like 1

We might not be carnivorous by design and I suppose meat not being a necessity in our diet does make it gratuitous but the idea of animals eating animals is natural.

And sam, lol

Edited by ajthefox

No, but we aren't herbivorous by nature either, we're omnivorous.

Why do you think the cavemen invented spears to hunt and kill mammoths? Because the mammoth was part of their diet.

The ice age at its peak did mean there was very little plant life and so the cavemen had to eat other animals to survive - that's natural, natural behaviour is that which promotes survival of the species. As the peak went and plant life returned the cavemen returned to eating plants as well as meat because they'd evolved to eat meat.

Also humans need to consume meat (or for vegetarians a meat substitute like tofu) in order to take in enough protein for growth, the herbivorous animals need to eat a lot of vegitation in comparison to their body mass to get enough protein in their diets but the time that would take out of each day makes that infeasible for a human.

Yes i agree it has become common to eat it, but the statement was that it was natural, i guess it depends on how long you need to do something befor it is considered "nature".

You will note that the WHO has not set a daily required intake for protien (unlike most other vitamins and minerals) as it is a well recorded fact that virtually all 1st world people more than exceed the neccessary amount of protien in their everyday life. Protein is found in greater amounts in green leafy vegetables and some nuts and legumes than in meat, yes tofu also has significant amounts and can be used to increase the intake. For almost all 1st world humans unless your a body builder or suffer specific illnesses you will ingest more than enough protien as long as you eat a healthy diet. also the body can more effectively break down and utilise the protien found in vegetables and legumes than it can in from meat, so in fact, you do not need to eat the same proportions.

We might not be carnivorous by design and I suppose meat not being a necessity in our diet does make it gratuitous but the idea of animals eating animals is natural.

And sam, lol

Again.. not for most animals, carnivorous animals make up a relatively small percentage.

People who bitch at you, for you not doing their job.

It makes me laugh when people hear I'm a vegetarian (pescetarian if I'm to be exact I like a bit of fish now and again (not just from Ms Foxy :ph34r:) ) because I don't conform to the stereotype people have in their head of what a vegetarian is and especially because I play sport.

If you want to eat meat then that's your choice. A vegetarian diet is a much healthier way to live.

There is a very big difference between cruelty to animals and well cared for livestock being humanely slaughtered. Also we use different standards for different animals based on our perception of them as pets or otherwise.