Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

You know where you stand with people that are open about oppressing you. I might be under house arrest, have the secret police coming into my house and beating the crap out of me at 3 am, had members of my family mysteriously disappear and had no access to the outside world whatsoever, but if the boot were on the other foot I'd be doing the same, and at least no-one is banging on at me about health and safety, because that would be intolerable

• Like 3

You know where you stand with people that are open about oppressing you. I might be under house arrest, have the secret police coming into my house and beating the crap out of me at 3 am, had members of my family mysteriously disappear and had no access to the outside world whatsoever, but if the boot were on the other foot I'd be doing the same, and at least no-one is banging on at me about health and safety, because that would be intolerable

:crylaugh:

now , when you put it that way , maybe tyranny for my own good is not so bad after all .

i think you and old c s lewis could have stayed up all night debating this very issue :D

edit;

i never used to bother with this thread much because i thought it was just a compendium of whinges , but it seems to have some little nuggets in it

Edited by Zingari

yep , seems like we're all in this together :(

we're all in some way victims of vicious tyrannical regimes,

if they're prepared to take away our freedoms to make cost cutting and energy saving household improvements they are surely but one step away from wanting our total enslavement

At least Abdul's death serves as a warning to us all to wake up and not let things get as bad as Iraqistan

ps ;

hush hush , but i know someone on the council who might be able to grease a few palms to see to it that your upvc windows are well in keeping with 17th century architecture , keep it under your hat though ;)

Edited by Zingari

I am, as we speak, trying to stop my boss installing windows into our premises that will almost certainly contravene building regulations, but he will inevitably plow on regardless and if it goes wrong it will all be someone else's fault, and that's the main thing.

The authorities do plenty of things that are outrageous or unjust, so why people increasingly seem to focus on the mundane stuff like being asked to take your bin in I really don't know

I am, as we speak, trying to stop my boss installing windows into our premises that will almost certainly contravene building regulations, but he will inevitably plow on regardless and if it goes wrong it will all be someone else's fault, and that's the main thing.

The authorities do plenty of things that are outrageous or unjust, so why people increasingly seem to focus on the mundane stuff like being asked to take your bin in I really don't know

first rule of bossmanship :thumbup:

But I have to say, generally in my experience I've never seen a meat-eater give a vegetarian a self-righteous, hyperbole-ridden lecture about the merits of eating meat and why vegetarianism is wrong and that's the difference for me. You might get meat-eaters giving shit, boring banter about how all vegetarians are pussies or weirdos and no doubt that gets extremely tiresome after the first eight hundred times (I can sympathise, hello sheep jokes!) But at least they're not being damn preachy with it, for the most part!

Oh. And as for being curious and asking why you became a vegetarian, I think that's a reasonably fair question. I'm sure it gets a bit repetitive but at least then it's serving as a conversation starter, for the most part, as opposed to a point of scorn or belittlement. I mean, out of sheer curiosity, I often ask vegetarians what made them decide to stop eating meat (if they ever started) and how long they've been a vegetarian. (And when they're going to grow up) :whistle:

The correct procedure when finding out someone is vegetarian - "Fair enough", end topic and continue with previous conversation (unless you get some ballbag who wants to preach to you, then you cut them short and say "I really don't give a ****" and return to previous conversation)

P.S sheep jokes ARE funny :P

:laugh:

It's funny, because the other day, I met this asylum seeker, right - Abdul, I think his name was, it doesn't matter. Anyway, he'd been proper put through the mill, back in Iraqistan, or wherever. They'd dragged him off the street one night, and they were beating him with sticks, then half drowning him in a bucket and then they only went and stuck electrodes on his bollocks and start giving him electric shocks. Now, this might sound all a bit extreme, but if you think about it, right, then it's not that different to what we have to put up with all the time. So I tell him that I'm no stranger to getting grief from the authorities, and I tell him about how I've put these lovely white UPVC windows into my 17th century cottage - bloody freezing, it was - and now the council, you won't believe this, the council are threatening to make me take them out again because it's a conservation area or something and they're 'not in keeping with the character of the surrounding archictecture ' or some politicially correct nanny state shit, and old Abdul said he couldn't believe I was telling him that either. I think we made a connection then, because if you think about it, we're just the same, the things that have happened to us are just the same, we're victims of tyranny. Anyway, later on he got kicked to death by some skinheads, but you know, could happen to anyone

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

This has cheered me up greatly.

Edited by FoxyPV

canines grip, inscisors slice through and shear off meat.

no not really , incisors are more useful ( i was going to say designed , but that implies a designer ) for herbivores and omnivores and not carnivores

The incisor teeth are at the front of the mouth and have a flat edge designed for shearing or cutting. Incisors are most prominent in herbivores and omnivores because they are useful for biting off pieces of plant-based foods before chewing them with the back teeth. Carnivores have relatively small incisors because they use their more pointed canine and carnassial teeth to tear meat and shear bone. The two maxillary central incisor teeth in the front of the upper jaw are the most prominent teeth in the human mouth. They pair with the mandibular central incisors in the lower jaw for the primary cutting motion associated with biting. Mandibular central incisors are the smallest human teeth and have a relatively long, narrow shape compared to their wider maxillary counterparts. Both pairs of central incisors have a flat, blade-like profile that enables them to slice through food as it enters the mouth. Maxillary lateral incisors are found on either side of the maxillary central incisors, and have a similar flat profile but are narrower in shape. The mandibular lateral incisor teeth are slightly larger than the mandibular central incisors and somewhat more rounded in profile.

as i said before though , it' s just a bit picky :thumbup:

no not really , incisors are more useful ( i was going to say designed , but that implies a designer ) for herbivores and omnivores and not carnivores

The incisor teeth are at the front of the mouth and have a flat edge designed for shearing or cutting. Incisors are most prominent in herbivores and omnivores because they are useful for biting off pieces of plant-based foods before chewing them with the back teeth. Carnivores have relatively small incisors because they use their more pointed canine and carnassial teeth to tear meat and shear bone. The two maxillary central incisor teeth in the front of the upper jaw are the most prominent teeth in the human mouth. They pair with the mandibular central incisors in the lower jaw for the primary cutting motion associated with biting. Mandibular central incisors are the smallest human teeth and have a relatively long, narrow shape compared to their wider maxillary counterparts. Both pairs of central incisors have a flat, blade-like profile that enables them to slice through food as it enters the mouth. Maxillary lateral incisors are found on either side of the maxillary central incisors, and have a similar flat profile but are narrower in shape. The mandibular lateral incisor teeth are slightly larger than the mandibular central incisors and somewhat more rounded in profile.

as i said before though , it' s just a bit picky :thumbup:

It's tooth picky. :ph34r:

:tumbleweed:

• Like 1

This might be the best page in this thread for months. :crylaugh:

Of course, Hitler and Stalin probably also thought they were preserving their people, or making them stronger, and this was for their own good. Nothing scarier that people who have little or no self doubt..

This might be the best page in this thread for months. :crylaugh:

Of course, Hitler and Stalin probably also thought they were preserving their people, or making them stronger, and this was for their own good. Nothing scarier that people who have little or no self doubt..

yes indeed hattie , good point and , i don't want to go too far into the old "thought police" argument , but a good example (to me at least) this week was the ridiculous tirade of abuse directed at ken clarke regarding the rape issue. it's like a no go area for some opinions to be aired

tony benn used to say something along the lines of "the extremes of Right and Left would, extended far enough, meet somewhere round the back".

edit very funny mr facecloth , ( toothpicky ) :D

Edited by Zingari

yes indeed hattie , good point and , i don't want to go too far into the old "thought police" argument , but a good example (to me at least) this week was the ridiculous tirade of abuse directed at ken clarke regarding the rape issue. it's like a no go area for some opinions to be aired

He's the Justice secretary - what he thinks on issues like these kind of matters.

, what did he say that was so wrong ?

He suggests there is a hierarchy of rape - serious rape at knifepoint and not serious rape i.e date rape - rape is rape and should be punished accordingly.

He suggests there is a hierarchy of rape - serious rape at knifepoint and not serious rape i.e date rape - rape is rape and should be punished accordingly.

sorry but i agree with him , all crimes have degrees of seriousness and he never said that rape wasn't rape did he ?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it shouldn't, but surely a lad who's had too much to drink and gets carried away (serious as that is) is not quite the same as a guy wearing a balaclava jumping out of a bush and raping at knifepoint.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it shouldn't, but surely a lad who's had too much to drink and gets carried away (serious as that is) is not quite the same as a guy wearing a balaclava jumping out of a brush and raping at knifepoint.

i'd like to see a lad jump out of a brush and try to attack me

, he'd have to be pretty thin and i reckon i could take him if he was that skinny :D;)

i'd like to see a lad jump out of a brush and try to attack me

, he'd have to be pretty thin and i reckon i could take him if he was that skinny :D;)

Nobody likes a clever dick. :D

I don't think anyone is suggesting that it shouldn't, but surely a lad who's had too much to drink and gets carried away (serious as that is) is not quite the same as a guy wearing a balaclava jumping out of a bush and raping at knifepoint.

I'm sure the women thank their lucky stars they were raped by someone they knew.

Makes it much easier to deal with :rolleyes:

On another note - marching season has started - cvnts!