Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Superinjunctions, and the (not to be named here for the sake of Mark) twats who use them to hide the fact that they have been a unfaithful, thus holding the Media responsible for the fact that their atrocious behaviour might impact on their children's lives.

Superinjunctions, and the (not to be named here for the sake of Mark) twats who use them to hide the fact that they have been a unfaithful, thus holding the Media responsible for the fact that their atrocious behaviour might impact on their children's lives.

Whilst I agree, the sleazy, pathetic, media world that feels the need to report on "celebrity" infidelity thus making super-injunctions common-place in the first place pisses me off even more.

Though I agree with something Ian Hislop said which was something on the lines of, we should fight this tooth and nail now - not because we give a shit which b-lister is nobbing which footballer but so that it doesn't happen and can't be used when there's an incident that the public really SHOULD know about.

Whilst I agree, the sleazy, pathetic, media world that feels the need to report on "celebrity" infidelity thus making super-injunctions common-place in the first place pisses me off even more.

Though I agree with something Ian Hislop said which was something on the lines of, we should fight this tooth and nail now - not because we give a shit which b-lister is nobbing which footballer but so that it doesn't happen and can't be used when there's an incident that the public really SHOULD know about.

Yes. I couldn't give a toss about the stories, but the principle of covering up something like this is frankly appalling.

"Something like this?" You mean cheating on your spouse?

Eh, I don't really give a shit to be honest and I don't think it should ever be in the public domain, I can't see it ever being in the public interest. People lie and cover up their infidelity all the time in life and plenty of genuinely lovely, decent people have no doubt had affairs.

I'm not saying I condone it and of course it no doubt causes genuine hurt to families but I don't necessarily believe we are particularly biologically programmed to only ever have one sexual partner and to never be tempted to stray.

The fact that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jF6c88pt1k

+

=

Absolutely amazed at the talent there is in the music industry today. I mean the skill they, sorry, their management had to think of that song. Brilliant! Honestly, what a load of bollocks. If Mcdonalds did music...

To any body that has my facebook, yes, this was my status 40 minutes ago. :D

I've looked carefully at the legal arguments of both sides, and it is difficult to strike a balance in these circumstances between an individual's right to privacy and the media's right to publish what is deemed to be in the public interest.

Having deliberated at length, I've concluded that I am pretty sure that I would do her.

Let that be the end of it

• Like 1

"Something like this?" You mean cheating on your spouse?

Eh, I don't really give a shit to be honest and I don't think it should ever be in the public domain, I can't see it ever being in the public interest. People lie and cover up their infidelity all the time in life and plenty of genuinely lovely, decent people have no doubt had affairs.

I'm not saying I condone it and of course it no doubt causes genuine hurt to families but I don't necessarily believe we are particularly biologically programmed to only ever have one sexual partner and to never be tempted to stray.

I was more concerned about the legal threat against Twitter etc. to try and keep it all under wraps.

Far more annoying than super injunctions is the fact we seem to think we have a right to know about the personal details of peoples private lives.

It's simply down to selling papers and magazines and you're simple if you think otherwise.

People using the 'public interest' argument probably couldn't give a damn about whether their children's teachers or local police officers are screwing around, and to me that should be much more in their interest than some random footballer.

re - wells next the sea,

is that silly little mini train still running to the camp site ?

i fookin hate the place :D

Yes it is.

And the Albatross is still there (the dutch clipper (yes- I guess it does have a Dutch rudder :rolleyes: )) and it is still essentially a floating pub.

Result! :thumbup:

A section of my watch dial has come off and I went in to a shop to get them to take the back off, take the face out and remove the small piece.

The guy said it would be 5 minute job and cost a fiver.

Went in 10 minutes later and apparently now I have to pay a shit load extra because the 'gasket was warped and they can't get the back on'.

Spent 10 minutes arguing that there's no way I'm paying for it and he said he will pay the charges for the new back and to fix it, but he is going to put the breakaway piece back in before he seals it up. More work for him and he'll lose the fiver I was going to pay for the work he had already done.

Some people's sense of business logic is beyond me...

Feeling sorry for myself and getting annoyed that friends and family seem too busy to notice.

Then beating myself up over it because I know that in the greater scheme of things my life really ain't so bad.

I think I might just get drunk.

Meh.

:(

[/emo drama queen moment]

Everyone doing 60mph in the outside lane, when the inside lanes are clear, then giving me dirty looks when I pass them doing 70mph, move over then assholes! :/

That's why undertaking was invented. :ph34r: