Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Panorama last night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13548222

It was so grim I didn't actually watch a lot of it, but the missus, who works with the sort of people that have to live in these homes, filled me in on what I missed. The worst thing about it, even beyond sadists getting jobs looking after vulnerable people, is that the programme only came about after the whistle was blown on it all, and both the management of the company running the hospital and the regulator responsible for standards did nothing

i didn't see the programme but i heard about it this morning , it did look very bad in the clips they showed but i sometimes get a bit suspicious of the selective editing of some of these under cover expose type documentary programmes

i didn't see the programme but i heard about it this morning , it did look very bad in the clips they showed but i sometimes get a bit suspicious of the selective editing of some of these under cover expose type documentary programmes

Is it really fair to comment negatively on the program without even watching it?

This really is something you should see before commenting on and with such a suspicious outlook on it too.

whether those clips happened over the course of 500 hours of footage or in the space of one day... they still happened edited or not.

If you are talking about what happened to make the workers react like that beforehand... restraint should be a last resort only with the most difficult of residents only. Not a systamatic approach and first option. Neither should throwing punches or even throwing cups of cold water over people .. in full view of everyone to someone who is already on the floor trying to cover their face and squealing at them to stop .

When i was a manager in a similar sort of place ( i worked my way up so spent several years on the 'shop floor') i Never ONCE saw used or witnessed or heard about any of the violent tactics used that i saw in this show... we never had to restain anyone. Not once. There are much better answers to confrontational behavior shown by the residents than the violent methods used in this home . Loss of trust and privalges ALWAYS worked. explanations as to why we did certain things too. always always always.

Last year some workers complained that about what they saw and nothing was done about it. That should be something that needs investiagating too.. why it was allowed to go on...

Edited by MPH

I can understand how things can get taken out of context, particularly when it's clips of people saying certain things, but when it's stuff like a service user sitting in a chair while a carer periodically pokes her in the eye, seemingly just because she can, the context isn't really relevant - coppers wouldn't get away with that level of abuse of people in custody. These people aren't in prison, they're not being punished, they should be being looked after

yes, sorry, the case against the people in the care home does seem pretty water tight .

i was making a general point about undercover filming , not this case , but i didn't make that very clear

When it's late at night, im shattered, hardly awake and need a piss. And then i pay no attention, piss on the rim of the toilet and my legs get a sprinkling of piss. What would we do without showers (in the morning, mind).

People on here who claim to know shit about insider information regarding transfers/news but don't say anything specific.

Why mention it at all if you're going to keep it to yourself?

Amen to that, attention seekers do my nut in.

the windows in my halls.

They barely open so on days like today when it's warm, you're worse off inside!

It's fooking warm tonight ain't it! Down on eccy road and I'm sick of hearing all the traffic. Can't win :frusty:

It's fooking warm tonight ain't it! Down on eccy road and I'm sick of hearing all the traffic. Can't win :frusty:

yeah was lovely in the day, went down to the peace gardens a bit but feeling it now <_<

I don't suppose you live on the road off eccy one or two before tesco do you?

yeah was lovely in the day, went down to the peace gardens a bit but feeling it now <_<

I don't suppose you live on the road off eccy one or two before tesco do you?

Pretty much, I'm next door to Cafe Rouge.

Pretty much, I'm next door to Cafe Rouge.

Oh right, know where you mean but that's not quite where I thought.

Only reason I ask is because a few good mates live on the road starbucks is on, and from their back garden you can see a window with a city sticker in the window!!

Oh right, know where you mean but that's not quite where I thought.

Only reason I ask is because a few good mates live on the road starbucks is on, and from their back garden you can see a window with a city sticker in the window!!

Ah right, From our back yard there's a house with a city flag in the bedroom window :/ Must be the same house actually...do they live next to starbucks or one house away?

Weiiiird!

Ah right, From our back yard there's a house with a city flag in the bedroom window :/ Must be the same house actually...do they live next to starbucks or one house away?

Weiiiird!

If you live next door to café rouge I don't think it can be the same house!!

My mates live on the opposite side of the road to starbucks about half way down.

I suspect there's probably a lot of city fans about though. I've got about 8 mates from college either in my year or the year below all at hallam and there's another 4 lads on my course from leicester. None are really that bothered but obviously there's a lot from leicester about.

Some lad came up to me in cavendish yesterday as well cause I was wearing my city shirt :thumbup:

If you live next door to café rouge I don't think it can be the same house!!

My mates live on the opposite side of the road to starbucks about half way down.

I suspect there's probably a lot of city fans about though. I've got about 8 mates from college either in my year or the year below all at hallam and there's another 4 lads on my course from leicester. None are really that bothered but obviously there's a lot from leicester about.

Some lad came up to me in cavendish yesterday as well cause I was wearing my city shirt :thumbup:

Yeah that's fair, there does seem to be a ****ton from Leicester/surrounding area up here.

Just tried that Original source lime shower gel, avoid, I have to go out now smelling like a ****ing opal fruit. <_<

u mad?

I ****ing LOVE the Opal Fruits lime Original Source! It makes me CRAAAAAVE Opal Fruits!

The Lemon One is great too!