Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

At 28 and 5ft7 I feel your pain. Do you not get a growth spurt at 30 then?

I'm afraid not. Although i blame a lot of it on smoking. I only quit in January after about 10 years of it. They say it stunts the growth, at least that's what i'm blaming my shortness on. lol

I'm afraid not. Although i blame a lot of it on smoking. I only quit in January after about 10 years of it. They say it stunts the growth, at least that's what i'm blaming my shortness on. lol

Damn it!

I never smoked, that's even worse!

There's your key point.

What I mean is that people are very quick to criticise parents who lift, cuddle etc their children when they need/ want it. They often say to me that I'm spoiling him - by what, paying attention to and caring for his needs.

It seems that there is this impression that life is tough so kids should find this out as quickly as possible (in my experience) whereas I think the opposite is true - that because life is tough, you should give them as much care and attention to try and fortify them against this.

But then again, I'm just a big hippy.

You are absolutely right there. The days of let them cry it out it toughens them up should be long gone, it simply is not true. Study after study shows kids whose parents respond quickly to their emotional needs when they are young grow up to be more confident happy adults.

dawdling knuckle-dragging weirdoes in supermarkets, completely oblivious to other people and their surroundings...

...and that's just the staff! :whistle::devil:

women whinging and whining about having to work until they're 65

Not the ones that like to do their 'everyday tasks' in the kitchen to keep the hungry kids and their partner happy after school/work. :D:ph34r:lol

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Not the ones that like to do their 'everyday tasks' in the kitchen to keep the hungry kids and their partner happy after school/work. :D:ph34r:lol

how many 65 year old women are still doing everyday tasks like feeding their kids after school ? :D;)