Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The weather girl on East Midland news has just told us if we're affected by the warm weather we should contact NHS Direct.

a) We've had warm weather before.

b) What are we going to do when we go abroad on holiday in a few weeks?

c) It's not even that hot.

Electric razors are the way forward.

totally agree.

Mine wasn't an expensive model but have had it for a good few years now and it still does a decent job, so much more convenient as well.

They might not be quite as close a shave but when you're shaving every day or two anyway I can't see that the difference is worth it.

The weather girl on East Midland news has just told us if we're affected by the warm weather we should contact NHS Direct.

a) We've had warm weather before.

b) What are we going to do when we go abroad on holiday in a few weeks?

c) It's not even that hot.

I noticed that, they now give heat warnings.

Whatever next?

Some human rights are absolute balls. Prisoners shouldn't have rights. Kids shouldn't have rights- for example if a parent thinks their child warrants a slap for misbehaviour who are the government to say they can't? Never done me any harm with a belt. i honestly think children should be seen and not heard!

I'd agree to an extent with prisoners, if you've broken the law and been convicted then for the duration of your incarceration you shouldn't have the rights you did out of prison.

However the idea that kids shouldn't have rights is ridiculous. What you're saying there is that kids shouldn't have any rights at all, that we could use them for cheap labour in factories etc. We stepped away from that sort of thing a century or so ago, why should we head back that way?

... I am utterly amazed.

I honestly don't know how to respond without being abusive. Are you for real?

Hitting your child to discipline them is lazy parenting, end of story. Nobody ever struck me as a child and, though I might be a little foul mouthed on occasion I am polite, courteous, generally respectful and I like to think I treat people fairly well on a daily basis.

I don't give a shit what we "used to do" in the "good old days," either. We used to burn suspected wytches, trade slaves and deny women the vote, too.

The majority of us know theres a massive lack of respect by todays kids. Something has to be done.

Getting the belt, a slap on the head or arse has not done me any harm, and I believe I too am polite and courteous

What absolutely pathetic stereotype that is, there's always some dickheads even when you were a kid I'm sure there was but that doesn't mean every single kid has no respect, times are changing but it doesn't mean kids give less respect.

• Like 2

The majority of us know theres a massive lack of respect by todays kids. Something has to be done.

Getting the belt, a slap on the head or arse has not done me any harm, and I believe I too am polite and courteous

That's funny, because whenever I see a parent beating their child in public they nearly always seem to be anti-social filth with a complete lack of respect for the people around them.

Odd that...

Thats rubbish.my parents are very good parents. I over stepped the mark. Its fair enough.

Why is It a pathetic statement? Its widely accepted that kids have less respect now. Watch road wars now on pick tv

Yeah, I'm sure they'd spend their airtime going around showing all the well-rounded individuals that are being produced consistently.

I genuinely don't see a valid argument for hitting a child. If anything, it just highlights an individual's complete lack of parenting skills.

Edited by Asha

Thats rubbish.my parents are very good parents. I over stepped the mark. Its fair enough.

Why is It a pathetic statement? Its widely accepted that kids have less respect now. Watch road wars now on pick tv

So because a few children nowdays are pricks people should be allowed to beat their kids?

ridiculous idea, as narborough_fox said every generation has a few dickheads. There are other ways of disiplining children, which are better at displining the children and also better for the child in the future.

Beating a child to get them to behave is an outdated practise and has no place in modern society.

• Like 1

I was generally a good kid anyway (Sometimes wish I wasn't looking back - At my school if you were a bad kid they sent you to college to do Carpentry/Joinery/Electrics/Plumbing/Mechanics for half of the week then the other half in school, that would have been ideal for me but no, because I was a well behaved kid I never got that 'punishment') but on the odd occasion I did step out of line got a slap and put in my place, done me no harm.

Very true (Within reason). Prime example apprentice at work, he's a right little shit, he honestly believe's he's untouchable, he's been bought everything in life and only got a job because of who his parents are, he has no respect for his elders, no respect when someone tries to help or teach him something and no interest.

Edited by Matt

You're basing your statement on Road Wars?! :crylaugh:

It's pathetic because I'm a "disrespectful youth" of today, all of mates are on drugs and none of them given anyone any respect. Most of my friends are respectful to everyone they know and are some of the nicest people that I've ever met, I bet there was some disrespectful people when you were a kid but because you're having a go at the kids of today you'll have your rose tinted glasses on and will of forgotten about them.

• Like 1

Finally someone who agrees.

Love it how words get twisted to someones benefit large al. At no point did I use the word 'beat'.

Its not a lack of parenting skills, its just when kids over step the mark big time then they deserve it. I think I kicked my brother in the chest in the dentist waiting room the 1st time I got belted. I think that warranted the belt to be fair