Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Missing the Real match to stand outside the B&HA stadium, get treated like shit by the cvntish in-stadium staff (I work for a 3rd party security firm) who wouldn't let us in the Stadium even to get drinks when we were all dehydrated from the ceaseless sun, getting shouted at by some stupid cow I work with when I pointed out that her walking down the lane she was stewarding to instruct drivers onwards instead of waiting at the end of the lane making them drive to her was backing traffic up and ruining my attempts to keep traffic flow steady and even, and getting sunburn ALL OVER MY FACE.

:blush: <----- Not even that comes close to describing what I look like right now.

:@ <------ That however is how I both feel and look.

I shit you not I did that once too, exact same thing. I also tried to make coconut rice by boiling the raw rice in coconut milk - it doesn't work.

Oh and tried to make a steak and ale pie once, put in probably half a bottle of soy sauce over the whole process, it was inedible. I made it for my parent's anniversary dinner and my mother nearly threw up on her first mouthful it was that salty. :dunno:

lol you win!

Sat next to a guy yesterday at the Madrid match and literally Gally's first corner of the game (which wasn't long into the start of the game) yelling, "oh get him off, waste of space, i coulda done better than that, rubbish". Ok his set pieces weren't the best yesterday, but it was the first one! ****ing imbecile!!

When you can't sleep for no reason at all!

Gotta be up for work in bloody 4 hours and despite going to bed at 10 hardly had a wink of sleep!

Exact same boat mate, it doesn't help going bed at 5.30am on a Saturday night until 1pm then try and get sleep at 10pm the next night.

Garages, and the way some of them see fit to rip people off. I've spent much of the day ringing round getting quotes for a new timing belt (inc water pump) and a full service. Prices ranged from a very respectable £370 right up to £1200!!! Most were about the £650 mark. Absolutely amazed at the difference in prices. :o :o :o

Don't wanna get into the arguement really, tbh I have to consider whether its worth posting for the arguements it has caused in the past, and I will admit maybe I have been harsh, maybe I have been abit OTT, and maybe I have been abit of a WUM in the past but at the same time the people on the other side of the arguement, aruging with me over the subject seem to refuse to accept my honest, reasoned points, anyway onto what grinds my gears, watching the news the big Uni debate crops up. they cut to a clip of a student/young person her comments; "If you can't afford and go to uni, you can't get a good career, you can't get a good job, you won't earn much and won't be able to live a good life."

Yes, it really is the end of the world, my life has turned out a right failure...:banghead:

Brainwashed. (No, I'm saying don't go,by all means do go, what i'm saying is she obviously had 'go to uni else your life will be a failure' drummed into her head, that is the attitude I don't like about education.)

Edited by Matt

I actively dissuade my kids from thinking about Uni in the future.

If they want to go they can do it after they have a bit of life experience and a shot at a career.

I'd argue that most education is a waste of time after Y10 for most these days.

Don't wanna get into the arguement really, tbh I have to consider whether its worth posting for the arguements it has caused in the past, and I will admit maybe I have been harsh, maybe I have been abit OTT, and maybe I have been abit of a WUM in the past but at the same time the people on the other side of the arguement, aruging with me over the subject seem to refuse to accept my honest, reasoned points, anyway onto what grinds my gears, watching the news the big Uni debate crops up. they cut to a clip of a student/young person her comments; "If you can't afford and go to uni, you can't get a good career, you can't get a good job, you won't earn much and won't be able to live a good life."

Yes, it really is the end of the world, my life has turned out a right failure...:banghead:

Brainwashed. (No, I'm saying don't go,by all means do go, what i'm saying is she obviously had 'go to uni else your life will be a failure' drummed into her head, that is the attitude I don't like about education.)

I actually agree with you 100%. Uni isn't the be all and end all. Sure, if people want to go (and I agree that for some careers it is necessary) then go, but don't moan endlessly about it and certainly don't assume your life is over if you can't (or, worse, treat those that haven't as if they're second-class citizens).

There's a long list of successful people who haven't got A-levels, let alone a degree - they've succeeded because of tenacity, hard-work and a certain amount of 'savvy' - something some graduates seem to be sadly lacking as they expect the world to hand them a living on a plate.

I actually agree with you 100%. Uni isn't the be all and end all. Sure, if people want to go (and I agree that for some careers it is necessary) then go, but don't moan endlessly about it and certainly don't assume your life is over if you can't (or, worse, treat those that haven't as if they're second-class citizens).

There's a long list of successful people who haven't got A-levels, let alone a degree - they've succeeded because of tenacity, hard-work and a certain amount of 'savvy' - something some graduates seem to be sadly lacking as they expect the world to hand them a living on a plate.

Just as Jean Paul Getty said :

"Formula for success is : Rise early, work hard, strike oil."

I think we've had this before, but I agree that there isn't enough done to promote non-Uni careers, or non-Uni roots into careers. People often think you have to go to Uni to get a decent job which isn't the case. For me, it was the right thing to do to do what I currently do, but it's not the right thing for everyone and people need to feel they have a choice of a good job either way, rather than the choice between a crap job or a good job through Uni.

Been told many times in the past that for a person of the same age, you will have about 3/4 years less experience actually doing the job -whilst at University. (If you understand)

I know someone who has a Master's Degree and works high up on a cruise liner, he said that the best way of succeeding in life is getting as many opportunities working part-time as well as succeed within University.

This is my opinion but, I agree with him as I'm currently going into my second year of Uni and I have already done two part-time work (on contract terms) and I got another interview lined up this coming Thursday in a different field of work.

Experience of different 'fields' of work and getting certain qualifications 'mixed-in' is vital to have as a good career you really want to have.

Edited by Wymeswold fox