Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1. Mummy and Daddy paying for everyone's 1st cars and insurance. I worked 2 years full time to get a Ford Fiesta and pay the insurance myself ..

2. Vein people on Facebook that look asif they never go out an dhave fun .. Just take a million pictures in the mirror, or just posing.

3. Sharia Law. Not really into allt he politics sorta thing but just recently reading a few articles has made me angry.

Edited by iBleedLeicesterColours

1. Mummy and Daddy paying for everyone's 1st cars and insurance. I worked 2 years full time to get a Ford Fiesta and pay the insurance myself ..

2. Vein people on Facebook that look asif they never go out an dhave fun .. Just take a million pictures in the mirror, or just posing.

3. Sharia Law. Not really into allt he politics sorta thing but just recently reading a few articles has made me angry.

Vane people? Vein people? Vayne people? Wayne's World people?

I reckon that before you get angry about online articles you need to sort out your own ability to communicate. Maybe then your Mummy and Daddy would be so impressed they'd pay for your own insurance.

• Like 4

Don't wanna get into the arguement really, tbh I have to consider whether its worth posting for the arguements it has caused in the past, and I will admit maybe I have been harsh, maybe I have been abit OTT, and maybe I have been abit of a WUM in the past but at the same time the people on the other side of the arguement, aruging with me over the subject seem to refuse to accept my honest, reasoned points, anyway onto what grinds my gears, watching the news the big Uni debate crops up. they cut to a clip of a student/young person her comments; "If you can't afford and go to uni, you can't get a good career, you can't get a good job, you won't earn much and won't be able to live a good life."

Yes, it really is the end of the world, my life has turned out a right failure...:banghead:

Brainwashed. (No, I'm saying don't go,by all means do go, what i'm saying is she obviously had 'go to uni else your life will be a failure' drummed into her head, that is the attitude I don't like about education.)

I totally agree with you, but I don't think it's all her fault.

I think I'm kind of echoing what alex said in that education is half the problem. Obviously that girl's comments are pretty ignorant, but in my college there was very little in the way of guidance about your future when leading up to GCSE's and A-Levels. I would question how pro-active many who were unsure about what they were doing were, but there really does need to be more of an emphasis on what happens after school/college if the uni route isn't what you want to do.

Edited by ajthefox

Don't wanna get into the arguement really, tbh I have to consider whether its worth posting for the arguements it has caused in the past, and I will admit maybe I have been harsh, maybe I have been abit OTT, and maybe I have been abit of a WUM in the past but at the same time the people on the other side of the arguement, aruging with me over the subject seem to refuse to accept my honest, reasoned points, anyway onto what grinds my gears, watching the news the big Uni debate crops up. they cut to a clip of a student/young person her comments; "If you can't afford and go to uni, you can't get a good career, you can't get a good job, you won't earn much and won't be able to live a good life."

Yes, it really is the end of the world, my life has turned out a right failure...:banghead:

Brainwashed. (No, I'm saying don't go,by all means do go, what i'm saying is she obviously had 'go to uni else your life will be a failure' drummed into her head, that is the attitude I don't like about education.)

As someone currently at uni I fully agree. My parents spent most of my life drumming the "uni is the be all" attitude into me and tbh I really wish they'd not focused so much on it. 3 years at uni, a course change and various personal struggles later and I'm about to restart 2nd year of my course in what will be my 4th year here. In recent times they've told me I don't have to go to uni but it all sounds so disingenuous coming from the people who made me terrified of what should happen if I failed to get into uni in the first place, let alone get a degree and besides - if I leave now I'll both have no degree and will have wasted 3 years of my life. I fail to see how I'm currently better off than if I'd not gone in the first place. :dunno:

Oh, and then there's the debt. Good thing I got in before the fee hike!

Edited by NeilyBoy

1) On the other hand, maybe Mummy and Daddy worked bloody hard for 30 years so they could help their child?

2) Laugh at them, then pity them.

Alright,alright these fish gags are trout of order.Have a little time to mullett over about the thread closing,things are not that bleak!

But this thread is called " what grinds my gears " so there's bound to be the odd carp or two , we can't all be rays of sunshine

1) On the other hand, maybe Mummy and Daddy worked bloody hard for 30 years so they could help their child?

2) Laugh at them, then pity them.

1)Agreed,i put £65 each month in a trust fund(Henderson and Witan,i believe) for each of my kids so when they are older they can have a little headstart in life,for cars or education,i dont spoil my kids and although they are only 11 and 8 i do make them do jobs to earn money if they want to buy something.They then appreciate what they have bought more having earnt it.My kids savings will also help me out ,being such a long term investment which is doing ok this will save me dipping into my pocket aswell as the worry of my kids getting into so much debt.I wouldnt say im loaded,ive just thought at an early stage about mine and my kids future.

My phone said it needed a software update this morning. So I backed everything up using the application it tells you to use. I go on to install the update on my phone, I turn my phone back on and go to the menu to find the application is missing. I get onto the Sony Ericsson website to be told that the application they tell you to use has been removed from the new update that I just installed, so basically I can't get restore anything I backed up now!

Pretty annoyed now to be honest because I have to piss about getting numbers and settings back! <_<