Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It hasnt happened yet,but it will,meeting up with the wife kids and 4 other families camping in Thetford forest.Its not far 50 miles but the A11 is a focker anytime,i predict a 2 hour journey!

Where in Thetford forest are you going? There are some alternatives to the A11 and, although they may be longer, are undoubtedly quicker - trust me, I know them all very well! PM me if you don't want everyone on FT having potential stalking opportunities!

Vane people? Vein people? Vayne people? Wayne's World people?

I reckon that before you get angry about online articles you need to sort out your own ability to communicate. Maybe then your Mummy and Daddy would be so impressed they'd pay for your own insurance.

I wouldn't want my parents to pay. Can't rely on them all my life. I think it's wrong to ask for money anyway, unless you can afford it, don't buy it.

Take it you were spoilt as a youngster?

+4 lol

Edited by iBleedLeicesterColours
  • Like 1

Where in Thetford forest are you going? There are some alternatives to the A11 and, although they may be longer, are undoubtedly quicker - trust me, I know them all very well! PM me if you don't want everyone on FT having potential stalking opportunities!

Thanks anyway i had left before your post,i rep around the area so weighed up the Barton mills roundabout (poor) went Brandon way avoiding Elvedon.It was East Harling if you know it.Dower House.

Edited by cambridgefox

Thanks anyway i had left before your post,i rep around the area so weighed up the Barton mills roundabout (poor) went Brandon way avoiding Elvedon.It was East Harling if you know it.Dower House.

lol Yes, I know the Dower House well - it's just a few miles from where I live - I drive past it every day to work. :D

The Brandon route was probably your best bet although so many people know of it and use it to avoid the A11 it can get nearly as busy. My other 'alternative to avoid the Mildenhall to Thetford stretch' is as follows (it's includes some small roads and adds about 10mins on to the usual A11 route, and about 6 miles, but if you suspect Brandon will be busy too, it's worth a go):

At the Barton Mills 5-ways roundabout take the A1101 towards Bury

Thru Icklingham then turn left signed 'West Stow'

Thru West Stow, turn left at t-junction and follow for about 1 mile

Briefly turn right onto the B1106 towards Bury (it's a funny junction, you're actually going straight on but have to give way) - after about 400 yards bear left onto a smaller road to Ingham.

In Ingham you'll meet the A134 Bury to Thetford Rd - turn left to Thetford.

Keep going in Thetford - straight over the traffic lights by The Chase pub - this will bring you back onto the A11 Thetford bypass.

Just in case you need it in future, like. :thumbup:

The association of chief police officers. C***s.

any particular reason ? Hugh Orde seems a good bloke to me

edit;

i've only seen him interviewed on the telly though , i don't know him :D

Edited by Zingari

lol Yes, I know the Dower House well - it's just a few miles from where I live - I drive past it every day to work. :D

The Brandon route was probably your best bet although so many people know of it and use it to avoid the A11 it can get nearly as busy. My other 'alternative to avoid the Mildenhall to Thetford stretch' is as follows (it's includes some small roads and adds about 10mins on to the usual A11 route, and about 6 miles, but if you suspect Brandon will be busy too, it's worth a go):

At the Barton Mills 5-ways roundabout take the A1101 towards Bury

Thru Icklingham then turn left signed 'West Stow'

Thru West Stow, turn left at t-junction and follow for about 1 mile

Briefly turn right onto the B1106 towards Bury (it's a funny junction, you're actually going straight on but have to give way) - after about 400 yards bear left onto a smaller road to Ingham.

In Ingham you'll meet the A134 Bury to Thetford Rd - turn left to Thetford.

Keep going in Thetford - straight over the traffic lights by The Chase pub - this will bring you back onto the A11 Thetford bypass.

Just in case you need it in future, like. :thumbup:

:giggle: Thats weird!you really dont know what a lucky escape you had,there was a rave/party somewhere in the forest last night ended about 3/4ish ggrrr.

I will try that route, know most of that as i have a customer in Ingham so go past West Stow(saxon village) but when i turn left at Ingham A134 within 200yds.You have reached your destination.

Yeah, there's always raves around here - we get pretty used to them - but they can be seriously noisy especially if the police decide to sit a helicopter overhead all night. :angry:

As for the directions, in which case you'd do the route you know, but just carry on up the A134 to Thetford. :thumbup:

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

Yeah, there's always raves around here - we get pretty used to them - but they can be seriously noisy especially if the police decide to sit a helicopter overhead all night. :angry:

As for the directions, in which case you'd do the route you know, but just carry on up the A134 to Thetford. :thumbup:

i was ok ish,always pick up ear plugs from factories :thumbup: i used to have a relation in Garboldisham as a kid,nice area you live in albeit a bit slow,and thats from me living in the fens!Got a few customers down Fisons way Thetford.