Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Paying an extra premium so that I could use 25mb of interweb on my phone in France so I could follow the start of the season, and then receiving a £250 bill, as Vodafone forgot to implement it. Then to be told they'd reimburse me only 50% of the bill for getting it wrong.

To say the girl at the end of the phone had apologised more than 20 times wouldn't be an exaggeration.

Reimbursed £198 pounds and 2 months entirely free by the end of the call. Still pissed off though.

People who don't know the difference between;

your

you're

there

their

they're

Off/of.

Basic grammar. See it on here so often. A lot of the culprits appear to be at uni.

To be fair you should never start a list with a semicolon and your three sentences at the bottom don't work grammatically.

I'm not even going to start on your username...

The only thing worse than a pedant is a hypocritical pedant :whistle:

To be fair you should never start a list with a semicolon and your three sentences at the bottom don't work grammatically.

I'm not even going to start on your username...

The only thing worse than a pedant is a hypocritical pedant :whistle:

lol, reading back I can see that those three sentences don't really make sense. But you can get the gist of what's being said, and I haven't studied at Uni! Those words when used incorrectly can change the meaning if what's being said.

lol, reading back I can see that those three sentences don't really make sense. But you can get the gist of what's being said, and I haven't studied at Uni! Those words when used incorrectly can change the meaning if what's being said.

It is a pet hate of mine and I often correct my friends, but I tend to let these random people be - their problem I guess.

Too many people (and I'm not suggesting you) try to take the high ground on here regarding grammar, which I think is unfair without knowing someone's background.

It is a pet hate of mine and I often correct my friends, but I tend to let these random people be - their problem I guess.

Too many people (and I'm not suggesting you) try to take the high ground on here regarding grammar, which I think is unfair without knowing someone's background.

At least make an obvious grammatical error so I can pick up on it for humourous (and highly original) effect. You're just being selfish.

Can't remember ever pulling someone up over their spelling on here, but it just winds me up.

People try to make their point on here by writing intelligently, yet lose any credibility when making the above errors.

People who write cryptic, attention seeking statuses on facebook then when someone comments asking what is up they either reply with 'Doesn't matter' or don't reply at all. Strange.

I have a friend on Facebook who for the last 3 weeks or so has bombarded the newsfeed with messages like:

"I have too many idiots as friends, making a new facebook, if your cool I'll add you"

And

"<her name> new one, add it, this one is closing tomorrow"

You get the gist, I've been waiting for her to p!ss off now for 3 weeks yet she is still here waiting to find out if she really is as popular as she thinks she is....

Well sayonara biatch - U've just been blocked for boring the tits off of me!

Edited by blue-army-andy

I have a friend on Facebook who for the last 3 weeks or so has bombarded the newsfeed with messages like:

"I have too many idiots as friends, making a new facebook, if your cool I'll add you"

And

"<her name> new one, add it, this one is closing tomorrow"

You get the gist, I've been waiting for her to p!ss off now for 3 weeks yet she is still here waiting to find out if she really is as popular as she thinks she is....

Well sayonara biatch - U've just been blocked for boring the tits off of me!

Yeah someone last week posted something like - 'Might just get rid of facebook, couldn't live without my phone but facebook I could'

She did actually delete her profile....She was back on within the hour though.

Yeah someone last week posted something like - 'Might just get rid of facebook, couldn't live without my phone but facebook I could'

She did actually delete her profile....She was back on within the hour though.

Not a surprise, I can't put my finger on the reason why, but it does appear that a lot of people use facebook as a cry for attention - quite pathetic in my opinion but each to their own!