Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

***** in my garden again, I scared them off last night but they're back tonight.

They're here so often we're almost on first name terms, they aint tried to get in the house for a while but when will they learn all that's in the shed is rats?

Police don't seem to give a shit.

Cold callers purporting to be from Microsoft, saying there is a virus on your computer.

Told 'em to do one today. I'm proud of myself for the calm, telephonic manner with which I said "I do not know from where you obtained this number. Please do not call again. Good day."

Cold callers purporting to be from Microsoft, saying there is a virus on your computer.

Told 'em to do one today. I'm proud of myself for the calm, telephonic manner with which I said "I do not know from where you obtained this number. Please do not call again. Good day."

I always ask them questions back til they hang up. Pointless questions. Sometimes I answer their questions with questions. Even asking the same question they ask me.

Bloody wireless internet - why am I getting a strong signal from someone else's wireless router down the street somewhere and struggling to get on from the router in the next room?

You probably need to reset your router and possibly then shut down your pc/laptop and then try reconnect when it's back up. Sorry if the advice is 'turn it off/on again'. You may want to check to see if anyone is piggy-backing on your signal. You should be able to see what equipment is connected to your router in your advanced settings of your router set-up. Certainly with sky or Virgin the advanced set-up is easy enough to navigate. :thumbup:

I disconnected my router some time ago. I was having problems with the PC not being able to browse/ I phoned Virgin who said it was the routers fault and they did not support the make so it would be best If I disconnected. It has been better but I cannot use my laptops via wireless and dont know how to set the router back up or a wireless connection.

I disconnected my router some time ago. I was having problems with the PC not being able to browse/ I phoned Virgin who said it was the routers fault and they did not support the make so it would be best If I disconnected. It has been better but I cannot use my laptops via wireless and dont know how to set the router back up or a wireless connection.

Virgin and Sky have made it difficult for people to use other routers than the ones they have provided themselves. Though I find the Virgin ones reasonably more reliable than the ones I have had with Sky in the past.

If you have the make of the router, there should be instructions out there somewhere on the web...