Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Stupid warnings.

Like the one I've just seen 5 mins ago on my Sky box info screen for the film Goal 2 (not watching it, was flicking through and wondered what it was).

Anyway, it said, "contains beheaviour that could be imitated".

WHAT?!?!?! :jawdrop:

I mean... doesn't everything?

Stupid warnings.

Like the one I've just seen 5 mins ago on my Sky box info screen for the film Goal 2 (not watching it, was flicking through and wondered what it was).

Anyway, it said, "contains beheaviour that could be imitated".

WHAT?!?!?! :jawdrop:

I mean... doesn't everything?

I've always had an issues with anything that starts with 'Polite Notice'. Surely it's up to me to decide whether the notice is in fact polite?!

I'm going to put one on my front door - 'Polite Notice - You're a cunt'

1) You know what I've experienced a lot that I hate? I've met people and got on great with them many times, but when it comes into the conversation that I live in Oadby, quite often their attitude changes and an "inverted snobbery" kicks into their brain. I particularly remember chatting to a bloke in Spain who was also a Leicester City fan, and we were having a good conversation about our team, but then I said I was from Leicester and he asked where, and on hearing the reply he replied "Oadby? Hrmph, THAT'S not Leicester" and sneered and tried to talk down to me thereafter. The most annoying thing about it is that, had he bothered to ask me any further questions, he would have learnt that I was brought up by a single mum in a council estate in Wellingborough, where our only income was from stuffing toy monkeys with cotton wool.

2) Countless driving related ones - the non-signalling brigade, people who try to turn right from the left hand lane of a roundabout (my only crash was caused by an old biddy who did this and then tried to say it was my fault. I would have loved to see the look on her face when her insurance company told her SHE had to pay up), people who drive at half the speed limit, especially on a 60mph road, causing everybody else to take risks. Loads more but I think it can all go into one category.

Edited by Stay Positive

Cold callers. Just had one.

• Caller: Hello how are you today?
  • Me: Fine, Why do you want tp know?
  • Caller:This is XXXXX from Talk Talk and I want to see if I can save you money on your phone and Broadband.
  • Me I don't think you can.
  • Click as receiver is replaced.

Edited by Nightguard

Those Police Officers (whom I generally have some regard for) who after pulling you over for doing 37 in a 30 limit tell you that their presence is due to the high number of speed related accidents on this road. Do I realise that I am putting children and other vulnerable people's life's at risk by breaking the speed limit? The convesation when thus:-

Me: Really I'm sorry I wasnt aware of that, when was the last accident?

PC Dim: Er, I don't have that information sir.

Me: OK, how many has there been this year?

PC Dim, H'm not sure but quite a few.

Me: Oh right, its just that I live just over there and I can't recall any accidents in the past 10 years?

PC Dim: Don't try and be clever sir, you were speeding and I could give you a fixed penalty charge.

Edited by Reynard Bleu

9 til 4 days at uni when you're hanging out your arse.

some dickhead at mcdonalds earlier

slag barmaids

getting kicked out because of bar staff

lecturers not giving us a break in the middle of a 2 hour session

freshers

being given a tortilla at mcdonalds that looked very distinctively like someone had bitten it

gherkins on cheeseburgers

some nob on my course who never shuts up but is a boring ****er

people who take themselves dead serious

getting drinks spilt on me

but most of all what grinds my gears is having to turn down a seriously fit bird who was well up when the missus isn't currently being very receptive. Sometimes I wish I didn't have mammoth amounts of will power.

9 til 4 days at uni when you're hanging out your arse.

some dickhead at mcdonalds earlier

slag barmaids

getting kicked out because of bar staff

lecturers not giving us a break in the middle of a 2 hour session

freshers

being given a tortilla at mcdonalds that looked very distinctively like someone had bitten it

gherkins on cheeseburgers

some nob on my course who never shuts up but is a boring ****er

people who take themselves dead serious

getting drinks spilt on me

but most of all what grinds my gears is having to turn down a seriously fit bird who was well up when the missus isn't currently being very receptive. Sometimes I wish I didn't have mammoth amounts of will power.

That reminds me of several years ago, when I was offered a threesome with two extremely attractive women I'd met at Zoots (yes I'm that old) and I excitedly said ok, but would have to wait for my mate to come out of the club so I could let him know where I'd gone. I waited for ages and they got bored and went off in a taxi. What the hell was I thinking? This was my ultimate fantasy and I'd screwed it up! The worst thing was that, when I told my mate I'd waited for him, he said "What on earth for? I wouldn't have waited for YOU if I'd had that offer". It's still the biggest regret of my life!

People who don't reply to texts, Just reply saying no, I don't wanna hear the bullshit excuses if its a question that requires a yes or no answer, reply with yes or no, don't just ignore it, I'd have more respect if they replied with no, rather than just being ignorant.

Gonna start calling people rather than texting.

a) It's an instant answer.

b) It's put them on the spot.

Unless of course they just ignore the phone calls.

I honestly don't know why some people have phones sometimes.

People who don't reply to texts, Just reply saying no, I don't wanna hear the bullshit excuses if its a question that requires a yes or no answer, reply with yes or no, don't just ignore it, I'd have more respect if they replied with no, rather than just being ignorant.

Gonna start calling people rather than texting.

a) It's an instant answer.

b) It's put them on the spot.

Unless of course they just ignore the phone calls.

I honestly don't know why some people have phones sometimes.

Maybe it's you they have the problem with :whistle:

Maybe it's you they have the problem with :whistle:

Nope, they do my other mates too.

They are just loners, who seem to be almost scared of saying yes, going out, and enjoying themselves.

Or say yes, and pull out literally last minute, they have done it a few times using, poor, very poor excuses.

Let downs if you like.

(When I say 'they' there's 2 of them)

International breaks :rolleyes:

YES! YES! YES!

Edited by Matt

Trying to arrange for my youngest to move from Roundhill school to Wreake Valley online next year, only neither Roundhill nor Wreake Valley are listed on the County council website. :dunno:

Edited by Webbo