Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The TV Licensing people.

"Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for choosing to recieve your TV license by e-mail. Your TV License number is XXXXXXXXXX, log on to view your license at "website".

Try to log-on and - Sorry but these details are incorrect.

You ****ing e-mailed them to me you pieces of shit, so they clearly aren't unless you're incapable of a simple copy and paste job out of a database.

Film and TV series scriptwriters.

I'm watching an episode of something and this Yank cop is chasing some armed dude. Cop is knackered and aims his weapon and shouts in perfect English "Stop. Freeze. Keep your hands where I can see them." I sat there thinking "What a load of bollocks, he would have shouted something like 'Freeze Nobcheese else I'm gonna pop a cap so far up yo ass.....in fact why don't ya move....I F*&KING DARE YA' ".

It's no wonder I hardly watch any tv anymore, everything is so unrealistic.

Film and TV series scriptwriters.

I'm watching an episode of something and this Yank cop is chasing some armed dude. Cop is knackered and aims his weapon and shouts in perfect English "Stop. Freeze. Keep your hands where I can see them." I sat there thinking "What a load of bollocks, he would have shouted something like 'Freeze Nobcheese else I'm gonna pop a cap so far up yo ass.....in fact why don't ya move....I F*&KING DARE YA' ".

It's no wonder I hardly watch any tv anymore, everything is so unrealistic.

True. Take Eastenders for instance. East End of London and not an F word to be heard.

I have a gripe.

Ebay items that aren't as described.

Bought a sleeping bag. Said "excellent condition, only used once"

Arrived this morning and not only does it stink, but there's a tear in it.

Only used once? Possibly, but for how long and by whom?

Excellent condition? Not with a bloody 3 inch rip in it, it isn't!!!

Grrrrr.

The TV Licensing people.

"Dear Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for choosing to recieve your TV license by e-mail. Your TV License number is XXXXXXXXXX, log on to view your license at "website".

Try to log-on and - Sorry but these details are incorrect.

You ****ing e-mailed them to me you pieces of shit, so they clearly aren't unless you're incapable of a simple copy and paste job out of a database.

You sure it's not a phishing scam where what you use to log in is recorded and your account compromised? :o

I think this is something most of us have to endure at some point. I get less silly shit from my teenage kids that I do from my 'adult' colleagues.

They are making some small changes in work and the gnashing and wailing that some of the staff are doing you'd think management had asked for a limb to be cut off!

I tell Ms Foxy of their beahviour and she says she's glad she works with a bunch of melter teenagers as she'd end up chinning someone if she worked in my office.

Edited by FoxyPV

Tell me about it. I frequently want to twat my office kin. Mind you, sometimes some things are worth a moan - like losing our kettle to 'health and safety.'

In the shopfloor canteen at my work, toasters and kettles are banned due to health and safety but upstairs in our office canteen we've got a hot tap and 2 toasters!

Luckily I'm on the right side of the fence

I don't think so - the e-mail looks legit and the address it's sent from is [email protected]

I've also recently applied for a TV License and the confirmation email I received came from exactly the same address as yours - so it's definitely legit. Mine did ask me to put in my surname, the number they'd emailed and my postcode, though. Could it be you got the postcode wrong? If not, it definitely sounds like they've mistyped the number into your email so I guess you'll have to give 'em a call. :/

Arguments over facebook. You want to have a n argument tell me to my face.

*awaits some 'witty' person starting an argument on here with NF*

Spent couple of hours trying to find who has the post box key - only to find out everyone was meant to go and collect an individual one from the reception. Never informed of that and I've gone over all the paper-work on arrival with various details and there is no mention of it on there.

Ringing places and having to listen to ****ing automated messages telling you to do all sorts and press buttons only to be put on hold for hours listening to shocking music, or talking to someone you just can't understand and having to say pardon every 5 seconds.

Edited by MikeyT

Charity bags that come through your door which, when you look at them closely, aren't proper charities.

I get loads of them too.

**** off, my gear's going straight to Macmillan - not some ripping-off gyppos exploiting people's good nature.

To add to that.... the bags they leave aren;t even strong enough to be used as bin bags either.

Hesitant drivers. You know, when you're sitting behind them at a roundabout and you check to the right to make sure there's nothing coming. There isn't, so you carry on and BLOODY HELL THEY HAVEN'T MOVED and you nearly go into the back of them. Well, maybe not quite that extreme, but it certainly makes you jump. Add to that people that drive at 30mph in a 60mph area.

Hesitant drivers. You know, when you're sitting behind them at a roundabout and you check to the right to make sure there's nothing coming. There isn't, so you carry on and BLOODY HELL THEY HAVEN'T MOVED and you nearly go into the back of them. Well, maybe not quite that extreme, but it certainly makes you jump. Add to that people that drive at 30mph in a 60mph area.

This 110% - I've mentioned stuff like this before

You also get the "10mile an hour tits" that drive at 40 in a 50 which makes me think they think they're all do-gooders who are high and mighty. The they drive into a 30 village and stay at 40 and you realis nope - they're just a twat