Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

My housemates - utter slobs. I've got this week off, so I went home on Saturday to visit family and friends, when I left the kitchen was perfectly clean.

I come back last night, the bins are over-flowing, pots left lying around because no-one can be ****ing arsed to wash them. There's a notice pinned to each room door that we have until Friday 11th November to bring the kitchen up to an acceptable standard or the accommodation office will call in contract cleaners and we'll be billed with the cost. Despite all this they're just sat playing on the ****ing x-box.

Unfortunately the way the accommodation contract is worded, we've all got to "accept collective responsibility for ensuring communal areas of halls are maintained to an acceptable standard" - so even though I wasn't responsible for one tiny bit of the mess, I'd have to pay part of the bill for the contract cleaners. My housemates still so no signs of wanting to pull a finger out and clean up, they'd rather face the contract cleaner bill than put down the handsets for one ****ing second.

My housemates - utter slobs. I've got this week off, so I went home on Saturday to visit family and friends, when I left the kitchen was perfectly clean.

I come back last night, the bins are over-flowing, pots left lying around because no-one can be ****ing arsed to wash them. There's a notice pinned to each room door that we have until Friday 11th November to bring the kitchen up to an acceptable standard or the accommodation office will call in contract cleaners and we'll be billed with the cost. Despite all this they're just sat playing on the ****ing x-box.

Unfortunately the way the accommodation contract is worded, we've all got to "accept collective responsibility for ensuring communal areas of halls are maintained to an acceptable standard" - so even though I wasn't responsible for one tiny bit of the mess, I'd have to pay part of the bill for the contract cleaners. My housemates still so no signs of wanting to pull a finger out and clean up, they'd rather face the contract cleaner bill than put down the handsets for one ****ing second.

They've clearly got to much money to play around with. Just tell them, if they're are happy to pay the bill then leave the mess and they can can pay your share. Make it clear though that you will have no part in either the cleaning up nor the paying of the cleaners.

Edited by Facecloth

Tell me about it - I spent the whole of last year as the only person in my halls flat of 8 who ever did anything. Washing up, recycling, cleaning - absolutely no point trying to get the others to do anything cos it just wouldn't happen...

When I was at uni, I had a house with 5 other guys, when things got in that kind of state (it happens, theres no preventing it, we all know), we would just whack some music on, and get on with it. Each person would have a section to clean up, and afterwards, the person whose section was deemed not up to scratch, or not as good as the others would have to get a couple of rounds in that night. It was a decent incentive to get the place spotless, and excuse to go out for some beers, and it really doesnt actually take long.

Yea its a ball-ache to get it started, but the incentive of some free beers usually worked. Though that could have just been because we were borderline alcoholics lol

If there is a spare cupboard just shove all the shit in there, it's their problem.

They've clearly got to much money to play around with. Just tell them, if they're are happy to pay the bill then leave the mess and they can can pay your share. Make it clear though that you will have no part in either the cleaning up nor the paying of the cleaners.

Tell me about it - I spent the whole of last year as the only person in my halls flat of 8 who ever did anything. Washing up, recycling, cleaning - absolutely no point trying to get the others to do anything cos it just wouldn't happen...

Pft, women. :whistle:

That cleanliness situation has been resolved. I went out for drinks and karaoke while they cleaned up. cool.gif

Too many people sing songs by the like of Rihanna & Adele in karaoke though. Tonight's set list went along the lines of Rihanna, Adele, AC/DC, Brittany Spears, S Club, Alice Cooper... Crap songs interluded with me singing some classic rock hits (Thunderstruck, Poison, Sharp Dressed Man, Strawdog, London Calling etc.).

Also if you're going to put songs in the book of songs available, please make sure they're available. I had to cancel my rendition of "If You Tolerate This, Then Your Children Will Be Next" because although it was in the book, it wasn't actually available.

I would wear a white one if they were more freely available, but the seem to be frowned upon my many. I have nothing against others wearing red ones. I MO bothe red and white popys remember and honour the fallen but in a slightly different way.

But like z-layrex says it's how you feel inside that matters.