Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just been outside to deliver a parcel to next door and found that some utter shit has smashed in my rear passenger window, nothing has been stolen as far as I can see but then apart from a few £1 coins there was nothing much to steal, so just blatant vandalism.

Gonna cost me £60 excess!

Absolute shits. This grinds my gears.

Just been outside to deliver a parcel to next door and found that some utter shit has smashed in my rear passenger window, nothing has been stolen as far as I can see but then apart from a few £1 coins there was nothing much to steal, so just blatant vandalism.

The utter wankers.

That's pretty shit mate. My sympathies.

I suspect moonie would blame some pothead looking to steal something to get their next fix. :whistle:

Sorry to hear that.The big question is what thrill do these lowlife pieces of scum get out of doing cowardly things like that,i wonder how long they would last if they done that infront of the neigbourhood in daylight!! :@

"Occupy Leicester."

I felt so fucking embarrassed for them today having seen them for the first time. Two or three little posh kids in tents outside Lloyds TSB. I don't want to be judgemental but they've probably never had to struggle for anything in their lives and not one of them seemed to have a grip on their politics.

Someone nicked our wheelie bin last night :blink:

Have looked quite far up and down the road for it but can't see it anywhere. What a strange thing to nick.

Our washing machine broke a few years ago. We ripped it out, and put it outside, intending to borrow a trailer or something to take it to the tip, as the people coming with the replacement said they couldn't take it away.

We forgot all about it, went to bed, and in the morning we woke up and it had been stolen! I've never been so happy to have something nicked in my life!

Back to the subject in question, what REALLY bugs me is when I'm at the front of a long queue in a coffee shop - and on my own - and I'm scanning the place for where I'm going to sit. I see an empty, comfy seat, and decide I'm going to sit there, and then an elderly couple comes in (and without wishing to sound ageist, it invariably IS the elderly that do this) and one of them goes and grabs the seat, leaving the line of 12 people who were in front of them with nowhere to sit.

I swear one day I'm going to go and sit with the one that steals the seat and refuse to move because I was first. :angry:

Our washing machine broke a few years ago. We ripped it out, and put it outside, intending to borrow a trailer or something to take it to the tip, as the people coming with the replacement said they couldn't take it away.

We forgot all about it, went to bed, and in the morning we woke up and it had been stolen! I've never been so happy to have something nicked in my life!

That wasn't stolen as such it'll have been the rag & bone / scrap merchant, there always on the look out for people's cast offs they've had a washing m/c and a microwave from my house.

Back to the subject in question, what REALLY bugs me is when I'm at the front of a long queue in a coffee shop - and on my own - and I'm scanning the place for where I'm going to sit. I see an empty, comfy seat, and decide I'm going to sit there, and then an elderly couple comes in (and without wishing to sound ageist, it invariably IS the elderly that do this) and one of them goes and grabs the seat, leaving the line of 12 people who were in front of them with nowhere to sit.

I swear one day I'm going to go and sit with the one that steals the seat and refuse to move because I was first. :angry:

Youve gotta stay . . . . .positive buddy :unsure:

Call it ageist if you like but me and mine have been doing that since our 20s, can't see the problem, when I'm on my own it doesn't bother me.

Call it ageist if you like but me and mine have been doing that since our 20s, can't see the problem, when I'm on my own it doesn't bother me.

It bothers me if it's the only place to sit. If there are other places, then fair enough.

In these types of premises, with out a maître d' it's every man and woman for themselves, now if there was a sign up saying don't take a table until you're served I would observe it although I'm sure there's plenty, young and old that wouldn't but there isn't so you make full use of your resources for your own benefit.

It bothers me far more when you can't find a place to sit with some privacy with your partner / friends because there's about six or seven tables in the place with just one person sat there alone.

I'm avid "you find a seat while I pay"-er.

That's annoying too. I'll only EVER sit on a two-seater table if I'm on my own.

The whole "you find a seat while I pay" thing is the equivalent of barging in front of someone at the supermarket checkout. It's queue jumping.

Edited by Stay Positive

The whole "you find a seat while I pay" thing is the equivalent of barging in front of someone at the supermarket checkout.

No it isn't. Barging in front of someone at the café tills would be the equivalent of barging in front of someone at the supermarket checkout.

Finding a seat first is just common practice that takes place in eateries around the world. If you don't like it but you're on your own, find a table, put your coat on the back of a chair and then go queue. And if you're in somewhere you wouldn't trust your coat to be sat for a couple of minutes unattended then, shit, you probably don't want to be eating in there anyway. :whistle:

No it isn't. Barging in front of someone at the café tills would be the equivalent of barging in front of someone at the supermarket checkout.

Finding a seat first is just common practice that takes place in eateries around the world. If you don't like it but you're on your own, find a table, put your coat on the back of a chair and then go queue. And if you're in somewhere you wouldn't trust your coat to be sat for a couple of minutes unattended then, shit, you probably don't want to be eating in there anyway. :whistle:

Or he could just get some friends :ph34r: