Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People wearing suits, walking around with their smartphones outside the office because they feel their call is too important for anyone in the office to hear. That or when they're talking 'targets' or 'figures' over the cafe counter whilst buying their pasta pot for lunch.

They all think they're being filmed for the opening scenes of The Apprentice.

OR

Blokes who walk around on site in their suits, riggers, hard hat, hi vis, ear defenders etc with a clipboard whilst the tradesmen are just wearing trainers jeans and t shirts

People wearing suits, walking around with their smartphones outside the office because they feel their call is too important for anyone in the office to hear. That or when they're talking 'targets' or 'figures' over the cafe counter whilst buying their pasta pot for lunch.

OR

Blokes who walk around on site in their suits, riggers, hard hat, hi vis, ear defenders etc with a clipboard whilst the tradesmen are just wearing trainers jeans and t shirts

"Tradesmen" with no respect for PPE or H&S who'll probably be the first to cry off to Injury Lawyers 4 U when that six inch nail goes right through their sole.

• Like 3

OR

Or maybe the office is too small for any calls that are personal or involve you giving off about a work colleague?

I was refused entry to a site by my own squads because I didn't have toe caps and a hi vis vest on. They quoted H&S to me, as they'd be the ones that would get the blame.

OR

Thats why they have the clipboard,suits,riggers hi vis because they have the sense to realise they need them on site to keep safe, i would have a shit in someones lunchbox everyday until they wore the right attire for the workplace.

OR

There hardly going to go all the way home to change, when more than likely they are only on-site for 20 minutes or so.

Been there done that :ph34r: . If they are on site they should be sent home if they don't have the proper gear on.

Cheap Cling film bought it by mistake in my rush.i should know better not to buy shite LDPE film in my line of business.

Yeah, I was thinking this just the other day. :angry::unsure::whistle:

all right chill out I was going to the extreme. The point still stands though. A hi vis will is no substitute for common sense.

All the gear and no idea

You really have no concept of respect for your superiors, do you? It's a good thing you got out of the army when you did. :whistle: