Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I don't know a single tradesman worth their shit that doesn't wear their PPE and I work surrounded by hundreds.

These days people just aren't retarded, it's not "health and safety gone mad" or any such bollocks it just IS common sense.

I'm not talking about the need to wear toe caps or valid ones like that.

I'm talking about the pointless ones- say, a hi vis whilst you're up a ladder. Is that so any low flying aircraft can spot you?

Some formans are very relaxed, IE you don't actually need to wear a hard hat unless people are working above you or there are no ceilings in place. yet, the suited and booted insist on it. Just makes me chuckle. Thats all

Edited by lcfcstu

Yes, because they're trying to set a good example for the rest of you by adhering to the rules that they're enforcing FOR YOUR SAFETY.

Joining my post to suit your argument doesn't count.

Not arguing with you as I'm off to bed, but reading what I've put and what you've implied I've put are different things as I'm referring to two different rules.

I don't know a single tradesman worth their shit that doesn't wear their PPE and I work surrounded by hundreds.

These days people just aren't retarded, it's not "health and safety gone mad" or any such bollocks it just IS common sense.

Edit: And I don't respect my gaffer because he wears a suit, I respect him because of the decades he did on the kit and the decade he's done off it working up the ladder. What makes you think your "suits" haven't earned their way to where they are? Take the chip off your shoulder and stop being a stupid, little boy.

A stupid little boy?!

Becuase you judge me to have no repsect for anyone older than me? OK. That certainly isn't one thing I'm guilty of! How can the suits have earnt their way up there when some are probably younger than me anyway?

I do find you hilarious. You have a go at me when I'm alleged to judge people on here, yet when you do the same its allowed. And before you say it, yes you judge me on my posts, but my posts are only 'stupid' to yourself- because you disagree with them. Perhaps if you stopped your sneering, nit picking, pedantic, i am greater than thou attitude you'd not come across as such a tosser.

Just a thought

• Like 4

A stupid little boy?!

Becuase you judge me to have no repsect for anyone older than me? OK. That certainly isn't one thing I'm guilty of! How can the suits have earnt their way up there when some are probably younger than me anyway?

I do find you hilarious. You have a go at me when I'm alleged to judge people on here, yet when you do the same its allowed. And before you say it, yes you judge me on my posts, but my posts are only 'stupid' to yourself- because you disagree with them. Perhaps if you stopped your sneering, nit picking, pedantic, i am greater than thou attitude you'd not come across as such a tosser.

Just a thought

Or maybe I (and several others) are judging your posts as stupid because you're advocating that it's a good idea to walk around on site at a job "just wearing trainers jeans and t shirts" whilst sneering at those wearing protective clothing.

Just a thought.

tumblr_lka89n6zW31qj60veo1_250.gif

Edited by Finnegan

Family politics.

Is it just my family, or is it the older you get, the more immature it gets?

And why do I have to be the one that's stuck in the fucking middle?

Agreed.

I think you just tend to notice it more as you grow up. You become more aware of tensions in the room or problems involving family members who you used to get along with. And in the end, yep, it is immature. You do just think to yourself - why can't you all just get along?!

As a child, you're just in your own little world and have no perception of arguments (well, not a clear one I don't think anyway). As you grow up, it's just more noticeable I think.

It is, I raced a geordie across the centre of Bradford wearing traffic cones for hats and all for nothing because I fell asleep before I could take a photo of me back in my flat wearing the cone in order to wins me a free ticket to the silent disco.

Me thinks there's a moral to this story... several, in fact. :giggle: