Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Another driving one:

When you're in the overtaking lane, you're coming up to the traffic lights and at the front of the queue, then just as you're getting close to the lights, some tosser suddenly nips in front of you from the left hand queue. Now, this is only mildly annoying, but then when the said moron pulls off from the lights at a much slower speed then the people in the left hand lane, well, really, they deserve a good kicking really.

Another driving one:

When you're in the overtaking lane, you're coming up to the traffic lights and at the front of the queue, then just as you're getting close to the lights, some tosser suddenly nips in front of you from the left hand queue. Now, this is only mildly annoying, but then when the said moron pulls off from the lights at a much slower speed then the people in the left hand lane, well, really, they deserve a good kicking really.

Yep.

Also people who hurriedly pull out in front of you from a side road, then drive ridiculously slowly for miles.

And people who, in merging traffic, won't let you in and refuse to make eye contact with you (because they know how petty and wrong they are).

Yep.

Also people who hurriedly pull out in front of you from a side road, then drive ridiculously slowly for miles.

And people who, in merging traffic, won't let you in and refuse to make eye contact with you (because they know how petty and wrong they are).

Perfect. Now I don't have to post those two.

Mind you, saying that, regarding the last one, I also hate it when I'm in the left hand lane and there's someone, who has had plenty of adequate chances to merge into the traffic, desperately trying to get past me so they can sit behind the stream of traffic I'm already sat behind.

I do hate that "must get one car in front" mentality. It always amuses me when they do it if I'm stuck behind a lorry. I'm more than happy to let them in so they can stare at the back of it instead.

Edited by Stay Positive

Yep.

:angry:

Perfect. Now I don't have to post those two.

Mind you, saying that, regarding the last one, I also hate it when I'm in the left hand lane and there's someone, who has had plenty of adequate chances to merge into the traffic, desperately trying to get past me so they can sit behind the stream of traffic I'm already sat behind.

I do hate that "must get one car in front" mentality. It always amuses me when they do it if I'm stuck behind a lorry. I'm more than happy to let them in so they can stare at the back of it instead.

And, while I'm on my driving rant:

People who don't acknowledge you for pulling over for them, but in particular when you've made it blatantly obvious to them that you are pulling over to let them by. I can handle it if it's not obvious, but if I've flashed you to say "Yes, I'm letting you go first", do NOT then drive by obliviously.

And also, people who let ME pass but then are NOT LOOKING when I am trying to acknowledge you for doing so. That's actually almost as annoying as the not acknowledging one!

And, while I'm on my driving rant:

People who don't acknowledge you for pulling over for them, but in particular when you've made it blatantly obvious to them that you are pulling over to let them by. I can handle it if it's not obvious, but if I've flashed you to say "Yes, I'm letting you go first", do NOT then drive by obliviously.

Yes.

Manners cost nothing!

It's even worse when you hold a door open for somebody and they don't say thank you. :angry:

Yes.

Manners cost nothing!

It's even worse when you hold a door open for somebody and they don't say thank you. :angry:

I must confess, I held the door open for someone on the way into a newsagent and they never said thanks, so I actually hovered about waiting before I left the shop, just so I could slam the door in his face on the way out.

• Like 2

Getting texts at 3 in the morning from Orange. Feck off!!! :S

Same, but from Vodafone :angry:

They always text at stuid moments.

I must confess, I held the door open for someone on the way into a newsagent and they never said thanks, so I actually hovered about waiting before I left the shop, just so I could slam the door in his face on the way out.

lol lol

I understand getting annoyed when other people don't say thankyou for holding doors and such, but as funny as this is may be it's much worse to do what you did.

Edited by ajthefox