Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

In some ways, I'm glad he didn't (or any others for that matter). It would have over-shadowed what she's saying and he wouldn't have been seen as no better (black guy hitting a white woman) - that would have been the main focus over the despicable words she was uttering.

As much as I would have wanted to see the same as you, that still would have been wrong and as they say, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah totally agree, you cant just go around hitting people, doesnt matter what they say.

Needed to ask my mum to borrow £50 for tomorrow morning but she's just come back from my youngest brothers parents evening at school and (as it turns out it's HIM that's the black sheep of the family!) now she's in a foul mood - no point even asking.

Looks like a trip out in the freezing cold to the cash point for me :(

She is a cockney. Let's be honest, they're mainly thick.

NB. I've reverted to referring to anybody with a southern accent as a cockney in retaliation to the fact that people dahn sahf think that everybody else is a northerner.

Which brings me on to another thing that grinds my gears - southerners' lack of geographical knowledge.

I spent a period of my life on the Sussex coast and I was absolutely and genuinely astounded by it.

As far as they were concerned, England comprised (in South to North order):

* The Sussex coast

* Gatwick Airport

* London

* Coronation Street-land

EDIT: It's dawned on me that this post is actually sort of racist in a weird way. Ah well.

Sorry could you repeat that,i couldnt understand a word you were saying,you northern caaannnt :whistle: Edited by cambridgefox

when the news of Gary speed fills the news (as sad as it it) and then a soldier killed in action gets 10 seconds airtime.

Hardly news is it. Soldiers die all the time, that's the main risk of their job, it's to be expected. For a seemingly healthy, happy person to kill themselves is not.

Anyone listen to RL yesterday daytime?

I didn't realise that single mums get paid 475 quid a month to help afford rent on a house.

For the most part, absolutely fking disgusting.

They should have their kids taken off them and told to get a job.

I find it sickening. On my missis Facebook out of 400 odd friends she has on there, she says 100 ish are single mums. Her sister had a kid at 17, and he's old enough to go into nursery now whilst she decides to get a job. But no, she's trying for another baby.

Our welfare scheme hardly encourages people to get

a job does it? It's bloody hard our age trying to get a house I know, but more and more people take the easuy way out, as less and less still have morals.

I barely even agree with the argument that the handouts are good for when the blokes done a runner and decided not to pay for the kid. If you don't know whether he's going to stick around then don't shag him!

The government makes it far too easy to get by on benefits. A mate of mine has just got his missis up the duff. Fair enough they've worked all their lives since leaving school 8 years ago, and he's on a fair whack now, so they would IMO be within their rights to claim something. His missis though is going straight back to work to some extent, even though that means they'd be worse off than if she sat at home claiming.

when the news of Gary speed fills the news (as sad as it it) and then a soldier killed in action gets 10 seconds airtime.

I've seen people say that it's because we live in a "celebrity culture". I'd argue that it's more because we are sensitised to troops dying (whether we like to admit it or not) as it is a relatively regular occurrence when compare it to seeming happy, popular, footballer/manager commiting suicide completely out of the blue when his career and family life appear to be going swimmingly.

I'm not saying that it's right or wrong (that's a whole different can of worms that I can't be bothered with), or that you're saying it's because of a "celebrity culture". If anything, I'm just chatting away for the sake of it.

• Like 1

I don't think it's a case of being desensitized, I think it's contextual.

Obviously, it is very sad when a member of our armed forces are killed in duty - that's a given. I feel deeply sorry for families and friends of all those killed.

However, we do not live in an age of consription (thankfully) and all of these lads (and lasses) have joined the army knowing what it's all about.

While the recruitment videos might show squaddies playing rugby and pissing around on the firing range, the reality is that you are joining to be a soldier. The job of a soldier is to fight, using deadly weapons, against the enemy, also wielding deadly weapons.

If you choose to be a soldier, you will be ordered into a position where you will be asked kill and may well be killed yourself.

Death is an occupational hazard if you are going to be a soldier, just like burned fingers is to a baker and tennis elbow to a typist.

It is not a nice business, but people actively choose this lifestyle with all its pros and cons.

So, ugly as it is, death is an unfortunate reality of active armed forces and is obviously not 'news' as much as, for instance, the untimely death of Gary Speed.

The contextualised point was what I was trying to get across in a very lazy (and poor) way. You did a much better job :thumbup:

Leaving my music on when I go through to the kitchen to get some dinner, coming back, hearing the music and thinking some-one's broken into my room.

Can be such an idiot at times. doh.gif

Do you often get burglars that break into your place then draw attention to themselves by making a noise?

My man utd supporting mate: 'its carling cup, nobody gives a shit' so I asked him if he celebrated in 06, 09, 10 and he said of course I did. ****ing mug!!

And I bet he has no single ****ing connection with manchester or the club whatsoever. Glory hunters!

Edited by z-layrex

Anyone listen to RL yesterday daytime?

I didn't realise that single mums get paid 475 quid a month to help afford rent on a house.

For the most part, absolutely fking disgusting.

They should have their kids taken off them and told to get a job.

I find it sickening. On my missis Facebook out of 400 odd friends she has on there, she says 100 ish are single mums. Her sister had a kid at 17, and he's old enough to go into nursery now whilst she decides to get a job. But no, she's trying for another baby.

Our welfare scheme hardly encourages people to get

a job does it? It's bloody hard our age trying to get a house I know, but more and more people take the easuy way out, as less and less still have morals.

I barely even agree with the argument that the handouts are good for when the blokes done a runner and decided not to pay for the kid. If you don't know whether he's going to stick around then don't shag him!

The government makes it far too easy to get by on benefits. A mate of mine has just got his missis up the duff. Fair enough they've worked all their lives since leaving school 8 years ago, and he's on a fair whack now, so they would IMO be within their rights to claim something. His missis though is going straight back to work to some extent, even though that means they'd be worse off than if she sat at home claiming.

Do you know how much childcare costs even if the govt give you a hand?!

Step Foxy2 wants to get back to work now that Foxygrandchild is now over one but due to the cost of childcare and the low wages she'd be on, she'd be even further below the poverty line. The problem is low wages not high benefits.

You really are a tool. How the **** would you know what will happen once you get pregnant?! You can't anticipate someone or control someone else's behaviours. So the best thing is to let single mothers sink into poverty because it's their fault their partners ran off? Give me a break.

• Like 2

Going on a forum in a foul mood,writing angry posts looking for a reaction,getting slated(rightly so),getting sensitive.

This concerns me as it is very rare i do/get any of the above.oh well out of my system my 2 hour strop is over for another few years. :thumbup:

Dunno about every few years, sounds like it's your 'time of the month'. :ph34r::P