Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Do you often get burglars that break into your place then draw attention to themselves by making a noise?

No, never had a burglar. I can just be a bit blonde at times.

Oh and Jack Daniels - crap attempt at whisky and due to lack of choice I may have had two fingers of it at a club tonight - not an experience I want to revisit.

My man utd supporting mate: 'its carling cup, nobody gives a shit' so I asked him if he celebrated in 06, 09, 10 and he said of course I did. ****ing mug!!

Yes. Pisses me off massively that the years we won it, everybody seemed to dismiss it as irrelevant but the years that Chelsea and Man Utd have won it, everybody seems to have seen it as a heroic demonstration of their dominance.

:frusty:

People who hold "meetings" in the canteen or tea room at work. Piss off. It's my lunch break. I don't want to have to listen to you wittering on in ridiculous "business speak".

I swear I honestly heard someone say they'd "opened dialogue" with someone once while I was eating my sarnies. Not "spoken with them", but actually "opened dialogue".

:dunno:

Do you know how much childcare costs even if the govt give you a hand?!

Step Foxy2 wants to get back to work now that Foxygrandchild is now over one but due to the cost of childcare and the low wages she'd be on, she'd be even further below the poverty line. The problem is low wages not high benefits.

You really are a tool. How the **** would you know what will happen once you get pregnant?! You can't anticipate someone or control someone else's behaviours. So the best thing is to let single mothers sink into poverty because it's their fault their partners ran off? Give me a break.

No because I have no intention of getting the missis up the duff knowing we're not in a position to afford it.

You wouldn't know- in a short term relationship. I think if someone had been with their partner a while they'd have a better idea with what would happen.

Married couples seem to be dwindling, so in effect any 'single' mum could make out they were single even if they had a long term unmarried partner.

If someone without a kid loses their job, do they get financial help to keep a roof over their heads to the same extent single mums do?

Of course there are the exceptions, but certainly in Coalville there is very much a career mum theme with girls my age

Edited by lcfcstu

If someone without a kid loses their job, do they get financial help to keep a roof over their heads to the same extent single mums do?

If you are renting a property and have less than 16k in the bank you are allowed in to the land of milk and honey. If you have saved your money and bought you're own house then you are completely fecked.

People who hold "meetings" in the canteen or tea room at work. Piss off. It's my lunch break. I don't want to have to listen to you wittering on in ridiculous "business speak".

I swear I honestly heard someone say they'd "opened dialogue" with someone once while I was eating my sarnies. Not "spoken with them", but actually "opened dialogue".

:dunno:

If I get one more recruitment agent ringing me to "touch base" I am going to flip out.

If you are renting a property and have less than 16k in the bank you are allowed in to the land of milk and honey. If you have saved your money and bought you're own house then you are completely fecked.

Exactly. Doesn't encourage matters does it? Nor helps out the people who've been responsible with money

I would love to see some of the Daily Mail readers ranting on about how lush life is on benefit jack in their jobs, get a flat on the St Matthews and start bringing in JSA.

Really, try it. A life of unending luxury awaits you.

... no? Funny that.

Edited by Finnegan

I would love to see some of the Daily Mail readers ranting on about how lush life is on benefit jack in their jobs, get a flat on the St Matthews and start bringing in JSA.

Really, try it. A life of unending luxury awaits you.

... no? Funny that.

Calm down dear.

I think the point is that the average Daily Mail reader wouldn't allow themselves to get in that position.

It's a situation more people are born in to than "get themselves in to."

That's a myth. I wasn't born into wealth yet I've never been on the dole, I know someone from a middle class background who's spent half his life on benefits for no other reason than he's fecking useless. I know a lot of successful builders who came off council estates.

That's a myth. I wasn't born into wealth yet I've never been on the dole, I know someone from a middle class background who's spent half his life on benefits for no other reason than he's fecking useless. I know a lot of successful builders who came off council estates.

So you think the majority of JSA claimants are middle-class and / or from stable backgrounds?

So the fact that the wealthiest people in the country all happened to have been from upper class backgrounds is just good breeding?

All?Alan Sugar, David Beckham, Paul McCartney, Sean Connery? Britain is full of working class success stories and also, although not so well known, upper class twits who have blown the family fortune.

I'll agree that the 'not fair' types who expect the world to provide for them and blame everyone else for their plight tend to be self perpetuating but that's hardly the fault of the people who've made a success of their life.