Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Useless bar-staff.

My scenario earlier - wander in to pub,

Me: "Yeah, hi can I get 2 fingers of the Glenmorangie whisky please?"

Barmaid: "What?"

Me: "Two fingers of Glenmorangie, y'know about 25mL"

Barmaid: "Err, yeah it's just whisky"

Me: "forget it, can I have a pint of..."

You'd have thought as a barmaid she'd understand the measurements for serving things such as whisky.

Edit: Oh, and people who drag you into their relationship issues. You're having problems with your significant other, talk to them, leave me out of it.

Been watching too many films chief. Why do you think we have optics?

overestimating the size of a 4ft Christmas tree. I figured I'm 6ft (and a couple of inches) and my face is the length of my shoe, ergo 4ft would be about nipple high and a reasonable height for a simple room tree. Nope, it's more waist high and now I've got to find more room for my fairy lights and baubles.

Funnily enough, I did re-read that and think "that doesn't really clarify that I mean 20% of the lectures I attended." lol

Also, how the **** can you be university age and have no idea how to order in a pub?

I find that quite surprising tbh, you strike me as quite academic, not that you can know much about someone from some forum posts I suppose.

I find that quite surprising tbh, you strike me as quite academic, not that you can know much about someone from some forum posts I suppose.

I'm one of those infuriating people that has a habit of just absorbing knowledge without trying, I remember the most benign facts.

I put almost no effort in to my education at all but got tidy GCSEs, good A-Levels and was on course for a first without really showing up or revising for anything (though I concede I would probably have been in for a shock come my third year.) I can blag a good essay and that's always carried me.

But the joke's on me, ultimately, I flippantly picked a degree I turned out to loathe without researching the course or the institution I was going to be paying thousands for, got bored, dropped out and now I'm in debt over nothing with a shit CV.

So, yanno, swings and roundabouts. :whistle:

Edited by Finnegan

When trying to buy cigarettes at a supermarket from the one available till in the whole shop that can serve tobacco and there's always some ridiculous cretin in front taking 15 mins to have their past 12 months worth of lottery tickets checked and buying several dozen lines for their work syndicate.

Let me buy my cigarettes please - it's a 20 second transaction!

:mad:

PS. I await the "herher, try not smoking then, herher" responses. :doh:

Edited by BornBlue

When trying to buy cigarettes at a supermarket from the one available till in the whole shop that can serve tobacco and there's always some ridiculous cretin in front taking 15 mins to have their past 12 months worth of lottery tickets checked and buying several dozen lines for their work syndicate.

Let me buy my cigarettes please - it's a 20 second transaction!

:mad:

PS. I await the "herher, try not smoking then, herher" responses. :doh:

One day your lungs will thank that lottery checker. :innocent:

The lottery fucks me off everywhere. The shop I go to during lunch is the worst, I just want a bottle of chuffing Ribena and I often end up waiting for someone to get about six bzillion tickets.

They should automate the ruddy thing. I know it's age-restricted, blah blah...

But there has to be a better way than the timewasters spending literally all day at the kiosk infuriating customers who just want to buy some cigarettes / Polos / Ribena.

Useless bar-staff.

You'd have thought as a barmaid she'd understand the measurements for serving things such as whisky.

Edit: Oh, and people who drag you into their relationship issues. You're having problems with your significant other, talk to them, leave me out of it.

Never, ever heard anyone ask for a drink in "fingers"... :unsure:

• Like 2

Useless bar-staff.

There are a lot of pubs that if you asked for a couple of fingers,you would be walking home sobbing and walking in a strange way.From now on may i suggest ordering in the correct manner.