Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

This time of year is it not worth paying a bit extra to get your stuff promptly anyway?

The item in question is said to be delivered between the 14th Dec and 7th Jan and that costs £4.80 to be delivered, the item itself only cost £15.00. :angry:

The hell!?

Do you have to put in eyedrops constantly?

No they let oxygen get to the eyes because they're thinner than the standard ones. Here's a link: http://www.acuvue.co.uk/oasys

Although it says "if you wish, you can wear them continuously for up to seven days/six nights, as advised by your optician." I was advised 14 days and it seems fine :dunno:

The contacts that I wear can stay in my eyes for two weeks straight, sleep in them and everything.

I tried those once, but during my consultation the dappy cow said she'd try swapping one for a daily lens just see the difference in fit (?!) and then forgot to swap it back. I managed to get halfway through the second week when the pain was so unbearable that I had to take it out ,and in doing so it took part of my cornea with it (it had basically dried to my eyeball).

I fucking love contact lenses.

I tried them some time last year. Couldn't get them in. Optician put them in to start. Wasn't able to open my eyes enough. I suppose if I had started wearing them 30 years ago I would be used to them. But then again they were a lot different and more expensive. Still needed low strength reading glasses for reading.

Anyway I'm too old to be vain now.

I tried those once, but during my consultation the dappy cow said she'd try swapping one for a daily lens just see the difference in fit (?!) and then forgot to swap it back. I managed to get halfway through the second week when the pain was so unbearable that I had to take it out ,and in doing so it took part of my cornea with it (it had basically dried to my eyeball).

and that is why glasses are a much better choice than contacts.

****ing lost my whole report that's due in for tommorow, I fell asleep with the laptop unplugged and when it died from power loss my computer decided it would 'corrupt' the file. ****ing brilliant.

Got til midday to write 3000 words on something I barely understand. All night fun.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jesus H Christ.

I tried them some time last year. Couldn't get them in. Optician put them in to start. Wasn't able to open my eyes enough. I suppose if I had started wearing them 30 years ago I would be used to them. But then again they were a lot different and more expensive. Still needed low strength reading glasses for reading.

Anyway I'm too old to be vain now.

It took me well over an hour to get them in the first time but once you've done it once or twice it really is remarkable how quick you pick it up from there. You remember how you did it and it sticks.

First few times I tried I was convinced my eyes were too small and that I couldn't get them in, that I wouldn't be "suitable" for lenses and all sorts of nonsense. It's all rubbish.

What I found to be the hardest part wasn't actually touching my eye, it was opening my eyelids up wide enough. That's the really uncomfortable part to begin with but there are good tutorials on youtube that'll genuinely help.

and that is why glasses are a much better choice than contacts.

No, they aren't at all.

I'm a little vain and I don't like glasses for aesthetic reasons but it's mostly just about convenience. Glasses are annoying, they get dirty, you need to wipe them constantly in rain, they're awkward when you're trying to chew your missus face off, they're a hindrance for sport and heavy exercise. They're just generally shit. Convenience was a big thing for me with my lenses.

And once you get used to them they're fine, only an idiot leaves them in for long enough to any real damage to your eyes.

I've got a pretty small head and no receding hairline.

Also I think he's a little bit buffer than me.

I'm the opposite. I have a big head and a receding hair line. Also greying at the temples. Bad combo for a 24 year old. I look like a Bo Selecta Version of Jason Lee(actor not pineapple headed player)

No, they aren't at all.

I'm a little vain and I don't like glasses for aesthetic reasons but it's mostly just about convenience. Glasses are annoying, they get dirty, you need to wipe them constantly in rain, they're awkward when you're trying to chew your missus face off, they're a hindrance for sport and heavy exercise. They're just generally shit. Convenience was a big thing for me with my lenses.

And once you get used to them they're fine, only an idiot leaves them in for long enough to any real damage to your eyes.

unless you're a ****ing mole then I don't see why you'd need to be wearing them in that situation.

As for the rest of it, yeah they are perhaps more inconvenient than contacts, but there's absolutely no problem if you fall asleep wearing them or forget to take them off. I've tried contacts before but they just felt horrible and uncomfortable.