Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Because you're a first year.

Yeah I know people are probably more relaxed in their first year but this 1 guy in my group did **** all. We are getting asked questions on what we did and we put names on tests we did and his is on none so I hope he gets questioned the shit out of. And fails.

I'm normally alright with group work but this same guy had done the same "individual task" as me and 1 per group could do a certain individual task, I of course did mine first and I even told him but was he **** gonna change so I ended up having to the dreaded hard one as well.

I had literally compiled everything everyone had done, added titles, descriptions, improved formatting etc, emailed it out to him. Was the ****er appreciative, was he **** for someone who had literally done 0% of the group work.

Edited by lavrentis

People not flushing after having a dump.

I don't care if you can't be arsed to clean the tank out every 2 days, it's the price you pay for living in a caravan, you dirty old gypos.

It's fair to say my Grandparents are out of order but not as much as the toilet.

Edited by Kitchandro

People not flushing after having a dump.

I don't care if you can't be arsed to clean the tank out every 2 days, it's the price you pay for living in a caravan, you dirty old gypos.

It's fair to say my Grandparents are out of order but not as much as the toilet.

Yes yes yes! I ALWAYS make sure the toilet is clean after I've used it and I HATE it when others don't do the same. Good call.

Meadowhall. Just been. Everywhere you stand, someone wants to look at something there. The place is way over-loaded (although the birds are always looking mega).

They had one of those FIFA conventions outside of Subway. There were like 5 games and they were all Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United.

Meadowhall. Just been. Everywhere you stand, someone wants to look at something there. The place is way over-loaded (although the birds are always looking mega).

They had one of those FIFA conventions outside of Subway. There were like 5 games and they were all Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United.

So a bit like Sainsburys then. I swear if I stood in front of "Ostrich Eggs In Human Faeces", people would still want to buy them.

• Like 1

So a bit like Sainsburys then. I swear if I stood in front of "Ostrich Eggs In Human Faeces", people would still want to buy them.

Yeah! Doesn't it happen in every shop, no matter where you stand, someone always wants to look at the thing you are standing in front of.

Arsonist-Now i am from the countryside but 8 haystacks :P were set alight last night around my mums village one of 50,000 tonnes so these are not small fires. smoke everywhere it stinks and will burn for days.what kick do people get out of doing these things.Valuation of damage 300k.

Saves on central heating though... :colder:

Arsonist-Now i am from the countryside but 8 haystacks :P were set alight last night around my mums village one of 50,000 tonnes so these are not small fires. smoke everywhere it stinks and will burn for days.what kick do people get out of doing these things.Valuation of damage 300k.

Er, yeah, sorry about that... I was only trying to toast my marshmallows :(>_<:blush:

I didn't know hay was worth that much.

Blimey.

Someone set the hay field opposite our street on fire when I was about 10 year ode. The whole thing went up but we were all out there trying to help / rubbernecking.

One oldish dude came out of his flat with his oven gloves on and was patting flames lol A humorous attempt at heroism.

To be fair, I think that's the time of the year. I don't know often you go but next time, go in the middle of a term during the day if it's possible.

Usually find it's very acceptable, and that's coming from someone who gets annoyed in Leicester town centre half the time.

Working for a compnay that manages shopping centres and having your headoffice in the same precinct as the largest shopping centre in the Southern Hemisphere. People are every where so i work during my lunch breaks at the moment to avoid the masses of people in the centre. Also having to park off site next week to maximise car parking spaces........there is a few thousand of them already ffs.

Lincolnshire.

I'm sorry to Bilo and whoever else lives there, but...

How can a county be so large but so devoid of character?

Most of all the small towns manage to be old-fashioned yet completely absent of the charm usually associated with 'olde worlde' places (Horncastle, Market Rasen etc). They're just backwards.The larger towns are like an assortment of the terrible results of some sick social experiments (Grantham, Boston etc.) and are as attractive as Hiroshima in the early fifties. The hamlets are a mixture of run-down utilitarian farmers' cottages and horrific 70s bungalows that look like if you asked a five year old to draw a house.

The South of the county is flat and featureless like some depressing desert of shite and, if you're stupid enough to come off the road (which is very difficult considering you will be stuck behind a tractor doing 20mph), you'll end up in a dyke. The middle bit has the Wolds, which would probably seem very interesting and charming if you'd spent your life in the fens. The North is characterised by Grimsby and Scunthorpe, which I don't even need to mention. There are no decent roads, so getting anywhere takes absolutely forever - unless you want to get to Grimsby from Doncaster (which you don't) in which case you have the M74 with it's noisy surface and no proper services.

For a job, you can either work for the RAF mopping the floors of the aircraft hangers or go and pick cabbages in the fields.

In terms of accents, some Lincs folk will get very excited about the local dialect, which is not particularly characterful. In reality, people who live in Grantham sound like they're from Nottingham, in Boston and Spalding they sound like they're from Lithuania (because they are) or maybe Kings Lynn if they're unfortunate enough to be born locally, in Scunthorpe they sound like they're from Hull. If you're from Lincoln or the surroundings, you may have a more archetypal Lincs accent, which is essentially a generic, softened-down East Mids accent but with more lingering on the vowels for no apparent reason.

I apologise again, but this is just how I see it! :ph34r:

Edited by BornBlue

Lincolnshire.

I'm sorry to Bilo and whoever else lives there, but...

How can a county be so large but so devoid of character?

Most of all the small towns manage to be old-fashioned yet completely absent of the charm usually associated with 'olde worlde' places (Horncastle, Market Rasen etc). They're just backwards.The larger towns are like an assortment of the terrible results of some sick social experiments (Grantham, Boston etc.) and are as attractive as Hiroshima in the early fifties. The hamlets are a mixture of run-down utilitarian farmers' cottages and horrific 70s bungalows that look like if you asked a five year old to draw a house.

The South of the county is flat and featureless like some depressing desert of shite and, if you're stupid enough to come off the road (which is very difficult considering you will be stuck behind a tractor doing 20mph), you'll end up in a dyke. The middle bit has the Wolds, which would probably seem very interesting and charming if you'd spent your life in the fens. The North is characterised by Grimsby and Scunthorpe, which I don't even need to mention. There are no decent roads, so getting anywhere takes absolutely forever - unless you want to get to Grimsby from Doncaster (which you don't) in which case you have the M74 with it's noisy surface and no proper services.

For a job, you can either work for the RAF mopping the floors of the aircraft hangers or go and pick cabbages in the fields.

In terms of accents, some Lincs folk will get very excited about the local dialect, which is not particularly characterful. In reality, people who live in Grantham sound like they're from Nottingham, in Boston and Spalding they sound like they're from Lithuania (because they are) or maybe Kings Lynn if they're unfortunate enough to be born locally, in Scunthorpe they sound like they're from Hull. If you're from Lincoln or the surroundings, you may have a more archetypal Lincs accent, which is essentially a generic, softened-down East Mids accent but with more lingering on the vowels for no apparent reason.

I apologise again, but this is just how I see it! :ph34r:

well i dont know what to say