Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When playing the 'top' teams, fans in the home ends wearing the oppositions shirt.

Sure i've just seen a someone in amongst QPR fans wearing a Man Utd shirt. Cringe.

Thankfully nobody takes Man Utd fans seriously anyway. There's plenty of 'em in West London so they'll be used to it!

People who voice their political beliefs with practically no understanding whatsoever. A colleague of mine recently admitted to me he was "true blue", and the reason was that he grew up in the 1980s and his life was just fine. I tried to point out to him that this was because he was brought up in a relatively privileged middle class community in Countesthorpe, but apparently this was irrelevant and he actually sincerely believed the deluded Thatcerite view that anyone who isn't working is just lazy. I never furthered the conversation. There was no point.

People who voice their political beliefs with practically no understanding whatsoever. A colleague of mine recently admitted to me he was "true blue", and the reason was that he grew up in the 1980s and his life was just fine. I tried to point out to him that this was because he was brought up in a relatively privileged middle class community in Countesthorpe, but apparently this was irrelevant and he actually sincerely believed the deluded Thatcerite view that anyone who isn't working is just lazy. I never furthered the conversation. There was no point.

I agree completely. Mind you most of my irritation is saved for Lefty types who believe that they are morally superior, that their policy choices are the only moral ones, and that anyone with views to the right of them is inherently a greedy selfish Tory cretin who wants to cut all welfare and leave ill single parents starving on the streets.... to make the rich richer.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 2

Ha ha, I'm not falling into a political argument. I have some friends who are Tories, despite the fact that I hate that party with a passion, and I respect their opinions because they will put forth some well thought out arguments and we'll have some heated discussions over a beer. I just don't like the laziness of arguments like "I remember the seventies". That's not an argument, it's a cliche.

The BBC moving most of their programme making to Salford.

Why? Yes - programming has been London-centric for many years. But why then chose a random town in the North to be representative of the nation?

It feels like the Beeb has cottoned on several years late to that bumming Manchester phase that the country seemed to go through.

Do any of the things on this thread matter?

Plus they've spent a shedload of our TV License revenue moving.

And save a shedload in the long run on wages (no London weighting) and general running costs.

I agree completely. Mind you most of my irritation is saved for Lefty types who believe that they are morally superior, that their policy choices are the only moral ones, and that anyone with views to the right of them is inherently a greedy selfish Tory cretin who wants to cut all welfare and leave ill single parents starving on the streets.... to make the rich richer.

Tue, though, innit.

:whistle:

You don't like 'lefties' much do you Jon?

I take it you are also against the lefties that brought in the NHS, votes for women, fair wage conditions for the miners in the 20/30's and maybe the ending sending children up chimneys?

Maybe not completely 'lefty' ideas but not reforms that the far right would approve.

You don't like 'lefties' much do you Jon?

I take it you are also against the lefties that brought in the NHS, votes for women, fair wage conditions for the miners in the 20/30's and maybe the ending sending children up chimneys?

Maybe not completely 'lefty' ideas but not reforms that the far right would approve.

You do realise that you've just proved Jon's point?

When someone asks for something on TV, so you be kind and switch it over to what they want on, then they fall asleep and you are left watching some shite TV because you know the moment you switch it over they'll wake up.

And unorganised people.

Jesus, I hadn't posted in this thread for a while, seems like i'm posting in it most days at the moment.

Edited by Matt

When someone asks for something on TV, so you be kind and switch it over to what they want on, then they fall asleep and you are left watching some shite TV because you know the moment you switch it over they'll wake up.

And unorganised people.

Jesus, I hadn't posted in this thread for a while, seems like i'm posting in it most days at the moment.

oh yes,my Mrs does that all the time

And unorganised people.

You lose all rights if you fall asleep. TV tokens are null and void. If they wake up and they will when you touch the remote, there is no refunds. ;)

And unorganised people.

Its all about the pecking order. Noobs get nowt....