Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm going to upset a few people now but...

Help for Heroes.

Everywhere I turn I see someone collecting for them in one way or another and when I don;t give any money to them, I'm accused of not supporting those that sacrifice their lives for my freedom.

Hold on, I pay taxes. Shouldn't this be going towards supporting them rather than public collections?

You don't put money in a tin and suddenly somebody chases you down the road and throws accusations at you?Why do these things never happen to me?

You lose all rights if you fall asleep. TV tokens are null and void. If they wake up and they will when you touch the remote, there is no refunds. ;)

I used this argument when my housemate came back from the pub, drunk, and with a chinese takeaway. If you're asleep for more than five minutes then it's rude for me not to eat it.

You don't put money in a tin and suddenly somebody chases you down the road and throws accusations at you?Why do these things never happen to me?

I know.

"Come on mate, it's for the soldiers"

Which leads me nicely on to:

Also when people expect you to have opinions on things. Or feelings about things. Why can't "I don't care" suffice? Why people, why? Argh.

I'm digging that.

I know.

"Come on mate, it's for the soldiers"

Which leads me nicely on to:

I'm digging that.

I work in Covent Garden and the place is teeming with the charity people. I know they're doing a good thing, but I've already chosen the charities I donate to on a monthly basis and I'm usually trying to rush back to the office to eat the tasty burrito I've just bought from Benito's hat. I once told a "Save the Children" (I think that was the name) that by holding me up they were in fact hurting children because I was going to hit the next one I saw in a furious rage because I couldn't eat my tasty tasty burrito. I really love burrito.

I've also lost count of the amount of times I've had to tell the tiger charity that I actually hate tigers.

I once told a "Save the Children" (I think that was the name) that by holding me up they were in fact hurting children because I was going to hit the next one I saw in a furious rage because I couldn't eat my tasty tasty burrito.

lol Great justification :D

Hospitals/Doctors. Had fairly poor experiences with them so far. Both doctors misdiagnosed me with groin strain, and told me to rest it for a few weeks. In reality, it was a hernia. Then I get sent from deparment to department for weeks, before eventually being told I'm on a 14 week waiting list.

Have my surgery in a few hours. Hopefully an early christmas present.

Edited by Charl91

Hospitals/Doctors. Had fairly poor experiences with them so far. Both doctors misdiagnosed me with groin strain, and told me to rest it for a few weeks. In reality, it was a hernia. Then I get sent from deparment to department for weeks, before eventually being told I'm on a 14 week waiting list.

Ooh, that timing would piss me off, being so close to Christmas. Hope it goes well and all works out for you, and that you're able to enjoy Christmas. :santa:

Good luck mate. Hope your Xmas isn't spoiled.

For me, it's sh*t like 'could of done this' or 'should of done that' - how dim are you if you don't know it's 'could have' or 'should have', HAVE for fox sake.

While I'm on it, for those who do not know, it is 'too' in the context of 'too' far or 'too much' - not 'to far' or 'to much' - 'to' is used in the context of 'to be or not to be', or 'I'm going to have an effin rant if the dimbos do not try harder.

Last one, count this as a Christmas present if you are one who missed out on a reasonable education under the Labour government - 'their' is used when something belongs ( or sort of belongs ) to someone ie 'their team' or 'their stupidity - 'there', quite simply implies 'over' there, it generally implies a place eg 'I was there'.

'They're' is short for 'they are' eg 'they're wankers', 'they're stupid' ( could be people who think Wellens is good ) etc. It is always, and only 'they're' if you could use 'they are', end of! Merry Christmas.

Edited by artursteppe
  • Like 1

Probably already been said, but people who put something on Facebook like, "Can't wait for the New Year, i'm going to make loads of changes, a new me!"

Sorry but, if you are so desperate to change your personality, then you wouldn't need a stupid excuse like New Year, and you'll probably still be the same cvnt you are now.

• Like 1

Probably already been said, but people who put something on Facebook like, "Can't wait for the New Year, i'm going to make loads of changes, a new me!"

Sorry but, if you are so desperate to change your personality, then you wouldn't need a stupid excuse like New Year, and you'll probably still be the same cvnt you are now.

lol Funny, but I do agree.