Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

For me, it's sh*t like 'could of done this' or 'should of done that' - how dim are you if you don't know it's 'could have' or 'should have', HAVE for fox sake.

While I'm on it, for those who do not know, it is 'too' in the context of 'too' far or 'too much' - not 'to far' or 'to much' - 'to' is used in the context of 'to be or not to be', or 'I'm going to have an effin rant if the dimbos do not try harder.

Last one, count this as a Christmas present if you are one who missed out on a reasonable education under the Labour government - 'their' is used when something belongs ( or sort of belongs ) to someone ie 'their team' or 'their stupidity - 'there', quite simply implies 'over' there, it generally implies a place eg 'I was there'.

'They're' is short for 'they are' eg 'they're wankers', 'they're stupid' ( could be people who think Wellens is good ) etc. It is always, and only 'they're' if you could use 'they are', end of! Merry Christmas.

Spot on.

As well as your and you're. Its amazing how many supposedly intelligent people get it wrong

People who think the idea of the white lines for parking spaces is that you should park over the white line thus using 2 parking spaces rather than 1.

I can almost accept if they're on the line but i've just seen who parked there car and the line was central of the car.

Surely you get out the car and think 'I can't leave it like that', I know I would, mind you I wouldn't even have to get out the car to realise that.

The blood donation part of the NHS.

Granted I have an awesome and rare blood-type but sending me three letters asking me to donate in one day - it's a bit much.

It's nothing to do with your blood type, I'll tell you that now.

I'm O +ve and get letters all the time. As soon as you hit that 16 week period since your last donation the flood gates open.

I see why they do it but it pisses me off that they bombard you with the same letter, especially since I'm going to go back regardless.

Edited by ajthefox

People who think the idea of the white lines for parking spaces is that you should park over the white line thus using 2 parking spaces rather than 1.

I can almost accept if they're on the line but i've just seen who parked there car and the line was central of the car.

Surely you get out the car and think 'I can't leave it like that', I know I would, mind you I wouldn't even have to get out the car to realise that.

People do it to stop people parking next to them and scratching their car when they open the door I think. Pathetic really.

Aye, perhaps ought to let them know I won't be going back - waste of both my time and theirs since I can't bleed properly and it keeps clotting in the needle.

Shame that.

Such a rewarding thing to do and I really don't get why more people don't ever consider it.

A second or two of pain and a little bit of mild discomfort and you could quite possibly could help save someones life.

• Like 1

Shame that.

Such a rewarding thing to do and I really don't get why more people don't ever consider it.

A second or two of pain and a little bit of mild discomfort and you could quite possibly could help save someones life.

Quite right - I'd be happy to keep doing it, but if I can't actually make a donation then as far as I can see I'm just wasting their time.

It irritates me though, I do the whole hand movements/clenching and unclenching to make the blood flow faster but none of it seems to work.

People do it to stop people parking next to them and scratching their car when they open the door I think. Pathetic really.

Well that's another story and grinding of gears however you could look at it that parking over 2 spaces could incite people to key the car in question, therefore just find a quieter area to park out of the way (Of course, other people could then follow suit and soon it would fill up, but it's just the risk you take, better than being selfish)

I of course would not do this because I just wouldn't but it obviously wound me up today, it winds many others up and i'm sure it would lead certain people to keying it.

Re blood donors. I have not been for a few years but from what I was told the more common blood types are in most demand.

I will have to try and get down there at some point in the future now I have more spare time on my hands. Not done it before cuz I was looking for full time work, now I maybe some part work which helps my finances I can relax a little and organize my spare time better.

Not been for a few years because of my shifts and long hours.

Thermodynamics coursework.

Don't know why I'm doing it today of all days, but I've just had a look through it and I'm not entirely sure we've actually had any mention of some parts in any of the lectures. Although the lecturer has the personality of Andy Murray crossed with a bowl of porridge so it's quite possible I was completely zoned out at the time of teaching.