Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Two phrases.

"The mara" - especially when written, as a replacement for "tomorrow"

"no, the best one ..." - usually used by blokes when talking to a group of mates and reminiscing of times past as a type of oneupmanship

I don't whether these are just particular to Belfast but every time I see or hear them I want to tear someone's head off.

The mara sounds like a Norn'irn-ism. Never heard that before.

The latter people do all the time, it gets a bit annoying if used excessively.

Doing my back in getting something out of the dishwasher.took my breath away and to make matters worse we are hoping to go skiing in 3 weeks.lower back not had any problems for 2 years.should i keep it moving,rest,hot,cold.My work mate had me lying on the desk giving me a right fisting its a lovely pain and feels a bit better.He has no medical qualifications whatsoever but he was just apeing what his qualified osteopath does to him,i thought he had pushed a kidney out with his elbow at one point .he kept shoving his hands down my boxers too,which was funny but not so good.The MD was crying with laughter at both of us for one liners,gayness,red come faces,abusing company time and workspace as well as making everyone else feel uncomfortable and us offering all the homophobic people if they wanted a turn,just for a reaction.He said moments like that he will never forget but did not no whether that was a good thing.

The Chiropractor is your lifeline, changed my life :thumbup:

People who put up miserable, cryptic Facebook statuses implying but not specifying their current gripe, that require their friends to post comments below such us "R U ALRITE HUN" and "AWW WHATS UP BABEZ".

Haha so true. Also, anyone that 'checks in' (another grinder actually), and uses the phrase' nomnomnomnom', I then have to get in my car, go to were they are, and murder them with their own smartphone.

People who walk at you in such a way that it's utterly impossible to work out which way they're going, and invariably cause an embarrassing collision.

My tactic is to just not move, so whichever way they move they've avoided you thus no collision. Even if it does make you look ignorant lol