Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

How suddenly everyone is better placed than the Chairman of RBS to say whether or not the chief executive has earned his bonus. How the **** would we know?

Correct.

And how, because the bank is majority state-owned, people seem to think he should earn no more than the Community Wellbeing Inclusion Officer at Wankfield Borough Council.

Edited by BornBlue

How suddenly everyone is better placed than the Chairman of RBS to say whether or not the chief executive has earned his bonus. How the **** would we know?

Oh just **** the **** ****ing off. You ****.

I'm not even going to have a rational conversation about this. Even you can't POSSIBLY think ANYONE is worth that kind of money, surely?

His million a year sallary is sick enough. I know I'm an atrocious lefty but surely even the centre-right have to concede this is vulgar.

• Like 3

Oh just **** the **** ****ing off. You ****.

I'm not even going to have a rational conversation about this. Even you can't POSSIBLY think ANYONE is worth that kind of money, surely?

His million a year sallary is sick enough. I know I'm an atrocious lefty but surely even the centre-right have to concede this is vulgar.

I don't disagree, but that is a separate point to whether under his contract he should get 60% of his bonus entitlement. I think if you want to run a bank you have to pay the going rate to someone to do it. You can't put any idiot in charge. The fact is bankers get paid obscene amounts of money, but if you are going to start changing that I don't believe experimenting with £billions of taxpayers money is the way to do it.

I don't see the press getting angry about rock stars or footballers for earning a shocking amount of money.

• Like 1

1) Having to scrape my car in the freezing weather at about 5:30 in the morning.

2) The weather reporters telling me it's going to be freezing in the morning, so I put a sheet over my windscreen, and then wake up to find that no, actually, it's been raining, so the trouble I went to in order to avoid scraping my car was a completely futile act. Tossers. *

* I will excuse the lovely Laura Tobin from any blame...

1) Having to scrape my car in the freezing weather at about 5:30 in the morning.

2) The weather reporters telling me it's going to be freezing in the morning, so I put a sheet over my windscreen, and then wake up to find that no, actually, it's been raining, so the trouble I went to in order to avoid scraping my car was a completely futile act. Tossers. *

* I will excuse the lovely Laura Tobin from any blame...

Stay Positive though.

Carefully lining up my weetabix in military standard order in the bowl.

Meticulously cutting the banana into equal slices.

Arranging the slices in perfect order atop the four oval(ish) crusty biscuits beneath.

Opening the fridge to discover the rest of the family has used all the fvcking milk grinds my gears.

• Like 3

Carefully lining up my weetabix in military standard order in the bowl.

Meticulously cutting the banana into equal slices.

Arranging the slices in perfect order atop the four oval(ish) crusty biscuits beneath.

Opening the fridge to discover the rest of the family has used all the fvcking milk grinds my gears.

lol

I don't disagree, but that is a separate point to whether under his contract he should get 60% of his bonus entitlement. I think if you want to run a bank you have to pay the going rate to someone to do it. You can't put any idiot in charge. The fact is bankers get paid obscene amounts of money, but if you are going to start changing that I don't believe experimenting with £billions of taxpayers money is the way to do it.

I don't see the press getting angry about rock stars or footballers for earning a shocking amount of money.

I agree with John - urg I feel dirty - if it's in his contract he's entitled to it. No one is worth that amount of money but the problem lies with the people who draw up the contracts and the bonus schemes.

On a side note because RBS are owned by the state doesn't that mean that the top earners are only allowed earn 20x that of the lowest?

When you're in the overtaking lane, you're coming up to the traffic lights and at the front of the queue, then just as you're getting close to the lights, some tosser suddenly nips in front of you from the left hand queue. Now, this is only mildly annoying, but then when the said moron pulls off from the lights at a much slower speed then the people in the left hand lane, well, really, they deserve a good kicking really.

Someone did this to me again today. And the most annoying thing was that there was NOTHING IN FRONT OF HIM in the queue he'd moved from.

Someone did this to me again today. And the most annoying thing was that there was NOTHING IN FRONT OF HIM in the queue he'd moved from.

Surely this is where undertaking is your best friend? :dunno::ph34r::innocent:

Needing a piss when you're in bed, tired, but can't fall asleep because you need a piss.

This. Oh very God this. Especially because my bathroom is downstairs and couldn't possibly be any further away from my bedroom.

I've got a ridiculous metabolism as well so I'm always needing to piss.