Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I hate game requests on Facebook, and they are really starting to annoy me now. I get them constantly. If I want to go on a game I go on a real game like Football Manager or something, not some dopey game on a socail networking website FFS :banghead::frusty::angry:

:giggle:

There is unfortunately.

In the past we could've used the excuse of no money or little resources, so we struggled to attract decent players.

No excuses this year, money to spend, to bring in pretty much who we wanted.

It's as disappointing as the years spent at the bottom of this league, because it could and should've been a lot better.

• Like 1

There is unfortunately.

In the past we could've used the excuse of no money or little resources, so we struggled to attract decent players.

No excuses this year, money to spend, to bring in pretty much who we wanted.

It's as disappointing as the years spent at the bottom of this league, because it could and should've been a lot better.

Did you honestly expect instant success? Look how long it's taken Man City to become competitive and they've spent over £500m.

Did you honestly expect instant success? Look how long it's taken Man City to become competitive and they've spent over £500m.

I didn't expect instant success in that we should win the league at a canter but I did expect us to be higher than 13th in February.

What does that have to do with us??????????

A recent example of how heavy, quick investment doesn't pay off immediately. We've spent a lot of money for our position, they spent a lot of money in theirs. We're lingering in mid table, they did for several seasons before any success.

I didn't expect instant success in that we should win the league at a canter but I did expect us to be higher than 13th in February.

I suppose that's fair. I think we'll finish top 10 but tbh I'm not surprised. I think I put 9th or 10th at the start of the season in a 'guess our league position' thread. I get why people think that getting enough quality in should get you a decent league position and sometimes it's a struggle to see why it doesn't but historically it doesn't work straight away.

Edited by Haydos

A recent example of how heavy, quick investment doesn't pay off immediately. We've spent a lot of money for our position, they spent a lot of money in theirs. We're lingering in mid table, they did for several seasons before any success.

I suppose that's fair. I think we'll finish top 10 but tbh I'm not surprised. I think I put 9th or 10th at the start of the season in a 'guess our league position' thread. I get why people think that getting enough quality in should get you a decent league position and sometimes it's a struggle to see why it doesn't but historically it doesn't work straight away.

It hardly helps when they keep changing the manager so they than have to change the players again.

What grinds my gears is my job. I hate it. I hate my bosses, I hate the firm and I hate the stress they put us under.

The latest "brainwave" is for one of the senior partners at our firm to scrutinise every single one of our cases to see if there is anything he doesn't like about it and apparently if there isn't we will be put through disciplinary procedures. It doesn't matter that we're short-staffed and working at 100% capacity, that's apparently "irrelevant", as we're there to "make him money" and if we don't hit our targets "his kids don't eat".

What's even worse is that we don't even have an HR department, so there is no one at the company to talk to if we have any grievances.

I need to get out of there for my own sanity. I'm looking for another job ASAP!!!

I know just the fvcking type!

Sounds like you work in a helpdesk/support role?

What grinds my gears is my job. I hate it. I hate my bosses, I hate the firm and I hate the stress they put us under.

The latest "brainwave" is for one of the senior partners at our firm to scrutinise every single one of our cases to see if there is anything he doesn't like about it and apparently if there isn't we will be put through disciplinary procedures. It doesn't matter that we're short-staffed and working at 100% capacity, that's apparently "irrelevant", as we're there to "make him money" and if we don't hit our targets "his kids don't eat".

What's even worse is that we don't even have an HR department, so there is no one at the company to talk to if we have any grievances.

I need to get out of there for my own sanity. I'm looking for another job ASAP!!!

http://www.effective...k/effective.asp

Print this off and show it your boss. Went to acourse today on office skills. mainly communication and working as a team. Better still email it or hand it in hidden in all the months figures that are handed in so he doesn't know who sent it.

Edited by Nightguard

The fact that Gen Chat has turned into a police state since Webbo has become mod.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM of speech

:whistle:

http://www.effective...k/effective.asp

Print this off and show it your boss. Went to acourse today on office skills. mainly communication and working as a team. Better still email it or hand it in hidden in all the months figures that are handed in so he doesn't know who sent it.

Thanks for that - it's an interesting read and spot on. Unfortunately, the powers that be at my place simply have the view that "if you don't like, then fook off". At the minute I'm looking for another job because I just can't stand it at my place any more. There are so many of my colleagues who are sick with stress, e.g. chest pains, etc. and the company doesn't give a stuff! The people in charge are just utter morons.