Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

How is being angry about bureaucracy in any way jingoistic?

Emphasis on the purity of his family's British heritage, declaration of military service as justification of worthiness and credibility and dismissive attitude to ethic minority professionals?

Yeah, sorry, I apologize; he sounds like s lovely bloke.

International calls love/hate relationship.

i keep getting one from lets say Gary,who is only doing his job but is trying to con people out of money.

He claims he is from windows helpdesk and i have a major problem with my computer worse than viruses.when i said "what AIDS" he was confused as it wasnt on his sheet of possible replies.well i let him carry on knowing full well windows helpdesk do not do this and this must be the 50th call ive had from them.i enjoy the banter and ask him "oh can you help" asks me to log in etc and type some shit that i didnt do anyway he said he could sort for £100.i then said i have 2 things to say.1 ypo are a fooking liar Gary i use Apple Mac which doesnt run windows(i lied,i dont) and 2.you are a conning cvnt fook off.The line cut off for some reason.

My main concern is some people will fall for this con and will be out of pocket.

International calls love/hate relationship.

i keep getting one from lets say Gary,who is only doing his job but is trying to con people out of money.

He claims he is from windows helpdesk and i have a major problem with my computer worse than viruses.when i said "what AIDS" he was confused as it wasnt on his sheet of possible replies.well i let him carry on knowing full well windows helpdesk do not do this and this must be the 50th call ive had from them.i enjoy the banter and ask him "oh can you help" asks me to log in etc and type some shit that i didnt do anyway he said he could sort for £100.i then said i have 2 things to say.1 ypo are a fooking liar Gary i use Apple Mac which doesnt run windows(i lied,i dont) and 2.you are a conning cvnt fook off.The line cut off for some reason.

My main concern is some people will fall for this con and will be out of pocket.

Totally empathise with you!

We had some guy call us up telling us that my computer needs to be checked for viruses. I do sometimes just play them at their own game and give a load of bullshit back. Ask some questions which they get all flustered at.

Taking three heavy books into college. Does your back in.

And we don't answer those calls anymore (cambfox), let it go through to answerphone. If it's vital to the preservation of human society, as it seems to be, then leaving a message should be fine.

Had no messages yet.

Feking ring pull cans, specifically tinned tomato. I cannot take one of these off without getting bright red juice all down a) my shirt, b) the wall, c) the floor, d) all three. I admit my fingers are not dainty but these are booby traps that Victor Charlie would be proud of.

• Like 1

Feking ring pull cans, specifically tinned tomato. I cannot take one of these off without getting bright red juice all down a) my shirt, b) the wall, c) the floor, d) all three. I admit my fingers are not dainty but these are booby traps that Victor Charlie would be proud of.

:giggle:

The people that visit my neighbour. Don't know if they are related but the lock on the front door often doesn't work. If they can't get him to respond via the bell thell the force the door. Then they stand in the hallway smoking and drinking pop leaving the remains on the floor when they go. They even sit outside his flat door at 2am talking away.

Neighbour does not work due to 'mental health' problems. Don't know his history but think its drug related but he still has a lager or two and is able to get to the local shop for it. If he is that bad he should be in a flat where there is a warden to look out for him. There have been many times when his care worker from the housing leaves a note to ask him to contact them but he is never in when they call or for repair men.

I think those blokes take him for a soft touch which is why he lets them in.

I'm the same, a ST holder but I work weeknights so any midweek games I have to gift my ticket to a mate.

The cup run is very good but I'm kind of robbing peter to pay Paul (well actually, robbing my self to pay my mate!).

Will be worth it if we go Wembley though!

I also work bloody Sunday's too so if the Birm/Chelsea game is on a Sunday I miss that bastard too!

I dunno, I kind of like the accent on girls.

Edit: Wait, what? You live in Belfast, aren't you around the accent all day? :geek:

I hate my accent at the best of times but hearing it on tv just makes my skin crawl.

I think everyone gets that, when I hear the Leicester accent on TV I think we sound really thick.

Speaking as someone who never acquired the Leicester accent, I have to be painfully honest and say that you do generally sound quite thick...