Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I'm the same, a ST holder but I work weeknights so any midweek games I have to gift my ticket to a mate.

The cup run is very good but I'm kind of robbing peter to pay Paul (well actually, robbing my self to pay my mate!).

Will be worth it if we go Wembley though!

I also work bloody Sunday's too so if the Birm/Chelsea game is on a Sunday I miss that bastard too!

Im in the same boat. I would usually give my ST to a mate or book the first couple of hours off work but the hours soon add up. First Brum & now Florist.

Mate may get a freebie for the Birmingham game.

See, I grew up in Leicester and obviously have this 'chavvy accent' but now living in South Wales I constantly get called 'posh' because of my voice. Could be a lot worse, I guess.

St Matthews is posh compared to some parts of South Wales though...

See, I grew up in Leicester and obviously have this 'chavvy accent' but now living in South Wales I constantly get called 'posh' because of my voice. Could be a lot worse, I guess.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that's because you're rather middle class. ;)

There are two different accents around here (or at least, two main ones, anyway.) Posh folk, generally, from the county and... considerably less posh folk from the city.

I'd say the county accent on the whole is a fairly neutral accent, it's not overly distinct and I don't think many people could place you which is similar across most of the Midlands. When you move away an come back again you do notice the city accent, though, and it is a little bit rough.

I should clarify that I don't mean to talk in such geographical (or class) definitives, I do know people from Anstey and 'Sorrel with a good "Lestoh" accent and a few from Western Park and the like that you couldn't really place at all but, well, exceptions not rules. ;)

MrsG and I met an Asian lady who's Mum was born in India and lives in Leicester and she lives and works in London in the hospital out patients recently and she thought we sounded 'sweet' and must have come from Loughboro' because there sound posh and people from Leicester sound rough.

People who are forever holding their phones up at concerts or sporting events...or for that matter anything.

Why even do it? So you can show your mates the videos? How can you constantly watch a concert through a phone/camera screen....put the camera down and enjoy yourselves.

Its like people have forgotten how to use their eyes lol Oh I'm at a concert this means I have to watch it through a phone. No!!!!

AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

• Like 2

lol, I calmly say, dear, when you have a license and have been driving for 7 years then you can tell me what to do.

Told her to f**k off really loudly yesterday, felt quite bad about it.

I've been there before, She gasps and holds her breath and it really does put me off especially when there is no need for it i always tell her i've had my licence for 3 years i've done about 10,000 miles following City Carlisle, Swansea, Portsmouth, Norwich i've been to them all with my brother and Nephew do they Gasp and puff and pant? No they fall asleep or wake up and open a bottle of coke for me or a bag of crisps ;) much better company

People who are forever holding their phones up at concerts or sporting events...or for that matter anything.

Why even do it? So you can show your mates the videos? How can you constantly watch a concert through a phone/camera screen....put the camera down and enjoy yourselves.

Its like people have forgotten how to use their eyes lol Oh I'm at a concert this means I have to watch it through a phone. No!!!!

AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

I saw a clip of Ed Sheeran playing live and it looked as if the crowd were holding up their phones to fend him off.

I am equally mystified why people do this. It is more important to have some piss poor footage to post on Bookface or actually engage with and enjoy the thing you've paid for, seemingly. It's this 'sharing' bollocks that seems to be the in thing. If you eat a Tunnocks Teacake, THE WORLD MUST KNOW. If every tiny part of your life isn't documented and distributed around the web, you don't exist.

I'm about to eat a Nutrigrain bar and shortly after I will be going for a poo. May swap the order of these events round, will confirm later

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

I saw a clip of Ed Sheeran playing live and it looked as if the crowd were holding up their phones to fend him off.

I am equally mystified why people do this. Is it more important to have some piss poor footage to post on Bookface or actually engage with and enjoy the thing you've paid for, seemingly. It's this 'sharing' bollocks that seems to be the in thing. If you eat a Tunnocks Teacake, THE WORLD MUST KNOW. If every tiny part of your life isn't documented and distributed around the web, you don't exist.

I'm about to eat a Nutrigrain bar and shortly after I will be going for a poo. May swap the order of these events round, will confirm later

lol

Someone asked me put something on eBay for them under my name, they said I could keep 25% of what they got, they didn't sell for much so I got £3. He wants me to buy the envelopes and post them even though that would be more than what I got and they are not my items anyway. What a dick.